do you "rely" on Morrissey?

speedfreaks ball

psychobilly member
do you feel whatever life throws your way or whatever happens to you, you can always pop on your headfones and morrissey is there for you?

do you feel whatever life throws your way or whatever happens to you, you can always pop on your headfones and morrissey is there for you?

No. Not really. Sorry.

Better not rely on Morrissey too much, he won't be there for you.

On the other hand, if his music makes you feel better while life is dumping on you...that's swell.

morrissey's music is always there for me. Whenever I feel down, his voice calms me down and also brings me down. makes me feel sad but satisfied. It feels as somebody is sharing feelings with me. It's very relaxing.

I used to rely on Morrissey to pick up my dry cleaning and run errands. He was unreliable (not to mention devious and truculent). I had to get rid of him. I heard he got in trouble with the law afterwards. Not sure what he's doing now.

Just kidding. I personally don't "rely" on any one particular artist, though all my favorites improve my life significantly and are always playing here as much as possible.

On the other hand, your Morrissey CDs probably aren't going anywere. So, while "relying" on Morrissey alone for consolation isn't exactly how I'd word it... doing this sounds a lot more tangible and sensible than this far far more popular and unreliable alternative below:

do you feel you can always open your Bible and God is there for you?

I suspect Morrissey feels somewhat the same way, e.g. "the songs that saved your life."

Last edited:
I "rely" on his music, almost always makes me feel better
and I thank him a lot for this

I... Don't really need him in that way anymore. There was a time when I needed him to get by. If dark times were to return I'm certain I'd look to him for comfort again.

I certainly do. And I feel sorry for those who don't.

Well, listening to his music can make me feel better when I'm down, so I guess that counts? It's therapeutic for me, I suppose.

Well, listening to his music can make me feel better when I'm down, so I guess that counts? It's therapeutic for me, I suppose.

I do.

I agree that his music and words make me feel like someone else is feeling the same way as I am. I always turn to Moz to pick me up and he always does.:)

I feel the same way. :) Although I always at least remind myself that there are other people to rely on too, which I think is healthier than just putting blind faith in Morrissey. But yes, he's always a great comfort and calming influence for me, so that does help considerably at times.

Tags
lulz
Back
Top Bottom