Morrissey Central "DO YOU REMEMBER … FAR BACK IN TIME …" (October 22, 2020)

The definition of a bigot. I generally try to avoid judging someone based on their thoughts and beliefs. What happened to good old fashioned disagreeing with people?
Nope. Rational debate and greeting your opponent with sincere intent is out.

It's quite amusing how Skylarker looks exactly as I'd pictured him. Makes one wonder how he dares to criticise the way other people look.

What a f***in' douchebag.

LOL

Baldwin was struggling to get negative social messages out of his head (& negative incidents) - they're not easy to shift even if you get some success esp in the arts because there's always someone bigger, better, younger, more relevant, to make you feel worthless.

On a related theme - it's always comforting coming across yet another jaded leftie who can't believe we're actually like this.

This bit could not be truer:

View attachment 60325

Poor Moz - he actually reads stuff.

& how could you not love him???

Interesting article on white privilege. Of course it's conservative - that's why employers across the country have been running forums on it this year. To be honest my biggest problem with white privilege is not its identity politics - it's that it's really just a mutation of the 'white saviour' idea - poor black people need white people to rescue them because white people have all the power and privilege. It's Live Aid for the West.

Interesting article on white privilege. Of course it's conservative - that's why employers across the country have been running forums on it this year. To be honest my biggest problem with white privilege is not its identity politics - it's that it's really just a mutation of the 'white saviour' idea - poor black people need white people to rescue them because white people have all the power and privilege. It's Live Aid for the West.

I don't really care. It's a waste of time, but people with money & power try to avoid doing anything material anyway, so it doesn't make things any harder. They'll be on to the next buzztheory before you know it.

dont get this white privilege bollocks,so every white person has had it so good,growing up in the 70s in the west of scotland, nobody had anything,hand me downs was a way of life,like most of britain at that time.

dont get this white privilege bollocks,so every white person has had it so good,growing up in the 70s in the west of scotland, nobody had anything,hand me downs was a way of life,like most of britain at that time.

You're not on message Gordy. If you're white you are tainted with the 'original sin' of colonialism and thou must be cleansed by flagellating yourself in public and taking the knee. The puritanical zealotry of wokeness is scary. They would burn us all at the stake if they could.

It's supposed to mean that whatever other problems you have, skin colour isn't one of them, which is fair enough, but it doesn't lead to much. So it's a bit pointless.

You're not on message Gordy. If you're white you are tainted with the 'original sin' of colonialism and thou must be cleansed by flagellating yourself in public and taking the knee. The puritanical zealotry of wokeness is scary. They would burn us all at the stake if they could.

It really doesn't matter what the excuse is - moral panics are always running through societies, usually when there's been a change & we've had a financial crisis, power is shifting to the East & we've all got smartphones.

even the phrasing,taking the knee is wrong,take it where,down to the shops,up a field.and when football players kneel before the whistle you know half of them wouldnt do it if the cameras werent there.the only person who can really take a knee is someone with a prosthetic.

even the phrasing,taking the knee is wrong,take it where,down to the shops,up a field.and when football players kneel before the whistle you know half of them wouldnt do it if the cameras werent there.the only person who can really take a knee is someone with a prosthetic.
You're right about it, it means sod all and seeing it before every game makes a mockery of personal choice, I'd leave a team than have that pathetic move forced on me every week...I'd rather take a pee than take the knee! 🦵👎

This, taking the knee is meaningless, it has no use in this country, why?
The establishment has decided that the royal family, and other leading figures could be traced back to the slave trade, thus shaking the British establishment..
So BLM has peaked in Britain and for once I agree with the establishment.....
this is an issue for USA to solve as they started all of this in the first place....
God bless America

You're right about it, it means sod all and seeing it before every game makes a mockery of personal choice, I'd leave a team than have that pathetic move forced on me every week...I'd rather take a pee than take the knee! 🦵👎
queens park rangers and coventry both refused to kneel before their match,and as usual both got their arses booted by the media.

I see - so skin colour is a problem if you're a white victim of violence & it's ok to tell working-class white boys that they have no power or privilege. 🙄

No - just suggesting that the idea that all white people have privilege, and all black people don't, is absurd.

And as I'm sure you know, Karen, in the UK outcomes are worst for white working class boys:

FTFA:
“Furthermore, it is not white working class groups who are the most disadvantaged, it is Gypsy, Roma and Traveller groups who have the worst outcomes at all stages of their educational experiences.”
Plus there's...
Dr Sam Baars, director of research and operations at the Centre for Education and Youth, told the committee he did not see whiteness as a marker of disadvantage, and that at other stages in education those gaps were flipped on their head.
But there's no escaping the fact that if the white working class are struggling in terms of educational achievement, it isn't their whiteness that's causing that. They may feel like victims and they may well be for many reasons, but the root cause of that is not their whiteness.

This, taking the knee is meaningless, it has no use in this country, why?
The establishment has decided that the royal family, and other leading figures could be traced back to the slave trade, thus shaking the British establishment..
So BLM has peaked in Britain and for once I agree with the establishment.....
this is an issue for USA to solve as they started all of this in the first place....
God bless America
Definitely, it landed here as a result of events in USA that had nothing to do with UK. The lasting point it made was peaceful protests are a fallacy as riots, violence and destruction happen after every one of these gatherings.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom