Do you remember The Sundays?

OtherWisdom

I found this blog post and downloaded the respective MP3 files.

Short recap:

Original Notes:-
About two years ago it dawned on me that I had in my possession all ten tracks from Arithmetic in either live,
radio session, or demo incarnations. Naturally that realization was the germ that possessed me to slavishly cobble together an "alternate" Arithmetic,
that I could substitute the proper album with..

I have done nothing to these, just passing them along.

Well, I did. I used software to vastly improve the audio quality of these. Namely, fairlight was used to achieve this.

The list of 'alternate' songs:

01 - Skin & Bones [John Peel Session, 1989]
02 - Here's Where The Story Ends [Black Session, 1992]
03 - Can't Be Sure [Demo]
04 - I Won [Live Den Haag, Netherlands, 2nd March 1990]
05 - Hideous Towns [Live Den Haag, Netherlands, 2nd March 1990]
06 - You're Not The Only One I Know [Demo]
07 - A Certain Someone [Live Ventura, CA, 6-3-93]
08 - I Kicked A Boy [Live Den Haag, Netherlands, 2nd March 1990]
09 - My Finest Hour [John Peel Session, 1989]
10 - Joy [Black Session, 1992]

If there are interested parties here, then I will share my 'remasters'. Please, let me know if you'd like to have these.

I found this blog post and downloaded the respective MP3 files.

Short recap:

Well, I did. I used software to vastly improve the audio quality of these. Namely, fairlight was used to achieve this.

The list of 'alternate' songs:

01 - Skin & Bones [John Peel Session, 1989]
02 - Here's Where The Story Ends [Black Session, 1992]
03 - Can't Be Sure [Demo]
04 - I Won [Live Den Haag, Netherlands, 2nd March 1990]
05 - Hideous Towns [Live Den Haag, Netherlands, 2nd March 1990]
06 - You're Not The Only One I Know [Demo]
07 - A Certain Someone [Live Ventura, CA, 6-3-93]
08 - I Kicked A Boy [Live Den Haag, Netherlands, 2nd March 1990]
09 - My Finest Hour [John Peel Session, 1989]
10 - Joy [Black Session, 1992]

If there are interested parties here, then I will share my 'remasters'. Please, let me know if you'd like to have these.
I would. I like The Sundays.

Such a strange band. I loved the debut, but since there were no b-sides, the whole era had only ten songs. Then we had to wait 30 months for a nice but underwhelming new album. The third album took five years and then nothing. It seems like they never really that interested in making a career out of music.

Such a strange band. I loved the debut, but since there were no b-sides, the whole era had only ten songs. Then we had to wait 30 months for a nice but underwhelming new album. The third album took five years and then nothing. It seems like they never really that interested in making a career out of music.
They had two children (singer Harriet Wheeler and guitarist David Gavurin) together. I believe they shifted focus.

Reading, Writing and Arithmetic is one of the great albums. What was lost on many was the first word, which they intended to be pronounced as in the name of the Berkshire town. That was meant to be the joke.

So many great songs, but for me, Skin and Bones is behemoth of a song

Last edited:

Funny, I hear The Smiths influence so much more now than I did back then... especially on Hideous Towns. Harriet had such an amazing voice... transports me back to 1990 in an instant.

Everyday is like the Sundays.

You only need that first album.

It’s an album I enjoy, but because it transports me back to 1990 in an instant, it’s something I don’t listen to that often.

Everyday is like the Sundays.

You only need that first album.

It’s an album I enjoy, but because it transports me back to 1990 in an instant, it’s something I don’t listen to that often.
I have the other two albums as well, but I don't remember one single thing about them. And it's not like I have never played them, because now and then I put them on because I have no memory of them whatsoever. It's like somebody waves that Men in Black thingy in my face straight after every time I listen to them.

I have the other two albums as well, but I don't remember one single thing about them. And it's not like I have never played them, because now and then I put them on because I have no memory of them whatsoever. It's like somebody waves that Men in Black thingy in my face straight after every time I listen to them.

They’re simply not as good, so maybe, even to themselves, it was a logical move to focus on family instead.

I love so much of what Reed did, yet some would say, all you need is the first Velvets album. Maybe the same could be said for the first Ramones album, again, that’s not to say that their other albums are bad.

They’re simply not as good, so maybe, even to themselves, it was a logical move to focus on family instead.

I love so much of what Reed did, yet some would say, all you need is the first Velvets album. Maybe the same could be said for the first Ramones album, again, that’s not to say that their other albums are bad.
Well, "Berlin" is stronger than any of Velvets albums.

I think they live in Altadena, close to Al White in Pasadena, but not so close to California Son in Malibu. I wonder if Harriet got fat. She was hot in the 90's.

Well, "Berlin" is stronger than any of Velvets albums.

It’s also quite different than his work with the Underground.

For me Berlin, Street Hassle and The Bells are my favorite of his 70’s
work, followed by Transformer.

I think his New York and Magic and Loss albums are probably two of his best from his later work, followed by Songs for Drella.

what do you think ?

It’s also quite different than his work with the Underground.

For me Berlin, Street Hassle and The Bells are my favorite of his 70’s
work, followed by Transformer.

I think his New York and Magic and Loss albums are probably two of his best from his later work, followed by Songs for Drella.

what do you think ?
Well, I adore "Songs for Drella", great artistic achievement that one.

I think they live in Altadena, close to Al White in Pasadena, but not so close to California Son in Malibu. I wonder if Harriet got fat. She was hot in the 90's.
Did you see them out shopping or something? What would make you think this? I mean, I WANT to believe this so bad. Because it just sounds like a nice idea, them relocating to SoCal instead of disappearing into the fabric of rainy, overcast central England, never to be heard from again.

Tags
remaster sundays
Back
Top Bottom