Does Anybody know why the Grimsby Date has been changed to the 28th?

• Thread starter idontoweyouanything
  • Start date
have sympathy for everyone affected by this,but watching him on tv at glasto will make a nice change, in the mainstream limelight for a change

Alot sweeter at least, I'd imagine, than stood in a field down south surrounded by them middle class hippies, all just waiting for him to do 'How Soon Is Now' so they can film it on their iphone4 ;)
At least he'll be on the telly. I don't think the BBC were planning live across the network coverage of Morrissey's Grimsby concert. Obviously they should have been, but for some reason they don't see that as a big draw :)

This actually makes it a lot easier for me to go to Grimsby now. I had an unbreakable commitment on the Friday which meant that I would be hop footing it from Manchester some time in the late afternoon, so I didn't bother getting a ticket, opting to leave it for a decision closer to the day. I just think that the man who once sang "Young Married Couple in debt, ever felt had?" should have had more commitment to his own fans who have stumped up cash to see him, in what are difficult times for many, rather than playing to people who are happy to take their chances with a bit of Beyonce? I will never be convinced that the modern day Glastonbury is little more that musical tourism. Obviously I'm as happy to be watching him on the telly as everyone else. Its just begs the question, why book dates over that weekend in the first place?

Last edited:
this actually makes it a lot easier for me to go to grimsby now. I had an unbreakable commitment on the friday which meant that i would be hop footing it from manchester some time in the late afternoon, so i didn't bother getting a ticket, opting to leave it for a decision closer to the day. i just think that the man who once sang "young married couple in debt, ever felt had?" should have had more commitment to his own fans who have stumped up cash to see him, in what are difficult times for many, rather than playing to people who are happy to take their chances with a bit of beyonce? i will never be convinced that the modern day glastonbury is little more that musical tourism. Obviously i'm as happy to be watching him on the telly as everyone else. Its just begs the question, why book dates over that weekend in the first place?

this.

I am really angry about this. It's going to cost me a lot of money even if i don't go.
I know it's my choice to travel to see him but i don't expect to cancel on me becuase he's had a better offer.
In my eyes he's sold out and not the man i thought he was if he is messing his fans around like this.

I am really angry about this. It's going to cost me a lot of money even if i don't go.
I know it's my choice to travel to see him but i don't expect to cancel on me becuase he's had a better offer.
In my eyes he's sold out and not the man i thought he was if he is messing his fans around like this.

I'm really sorry for all the people bought tickets of Grimsby.

I was tempted to go, but I had to miss because I couldn't afford it.

Considering his career in a long run, possibly he couldn't say no to the offer in order to secure new recording contract.

Last edited:
I'm really sorry for all the people bought tickets of Grimsby.

I was tempted to go, but I had to miss because I couldn't afford it.

Considering his career in a long run, possibly he couldn't say no to the offer in order to secure new recording contract.

He could and he should.

What clown put together his tour schedule? Thats what I'd like to know. He's ended up cancelling a gig at a racecourse before a single ticket was sold, then cancelling a sold out gig of his own to play a festival at a dairy farm to a load of people who pay their money and take their chance. Given the knowledge that Glastonbury was on that weekend, was it wise to arrange two gigs that weekend? Those with York tickets should consider themselves lucky.

What clown put together his tour schedule? Thats what I'd like to know. He's ended up cancelling a gig at a racecourse before a single ticket was sold, then cancelling a sold out gig of his own to play a festival at a dairy farm to a load of people who pay their money and take their chance. Given the knowledge that Glastonbury was on that weekend, was it wise to arrange two gigs that weekend? Those with York tickets should consider themselves lucky.

Very true, it's incredibly unprofessional not to check the basic venue information and other things before announcing the tour dates.

A user lordbyron kindly informed us that he rang up Perth Tourism Office asked about the venue which is actually Perth Concert Hall, not Perth City Hall.
Also Hawick venue is Hawick Town Hall, not Hawick City Hall.
However, TTY hasn't been corrected those mistakes yet.

Last edited:
If he does play Glastonbury, then its not "due to unavoidable scheduling issues" is it?

As it happens I didn't book this one. I had genuine unavoidable scheduling issues!

EXACTLY, he mustve known they wanted him, and should never have organised something else for that night..
im friggin furious.. I hope there are EXTRA meaty barbecues at Glasto and that it pisses down so everyones in a bad mood, and disinterested in him.

EXACTLY, he mustve known they wanted him, and should never have organised something else for that night..
im friggin furious.. I hope there are EXTRA meaty barbecues at Glasto and that it pisses down so everyones in a bad mood, and disinterested in him.

That's a ridiculous comment to make. I'm as annoyed as anyone about Grimsby being changed, but it's just spiteful to wish Morrissey such an unpleasant experience at Glastonbury due to your own bitterness. I wish he hadn't made this decision, but he has made it, and I hope he enjoys Glastonbury and that it goes well for him. And that as few animals are sacrificed as possible (which you, as a vegetarian, should wish too).

That's a ridiculous comment to make. I'm as annoyed as anyone about Grimsby being changed, but it's just spiteful to wish Morrissey such an unpleasant experience at Glastonbury due to your own bitterness. I wish he hadn't made this decision, but he has made it, and I hope he enjoys Glastonbury and that it goes well for him. And that as few animals are sacrificed as possible (which you, as a vegetarian, should wish too).

ahh just let me work off my disgust please! ;-)

This is terrible whats going on here.Stop this complaining and just shut up.Its getting annoying.

Last edited:
This is terrible whats going on here.Stop this complaining and just shut up.Its getting annoying.

bollocks. Some very loyal Morrissey fans have been badly affected by this. One i know is £200 down. It's a bad decision by Morrissey and people have every right to be f***ed off about it

He's changed the date of Grimsby, get over it, no one asked you to go to the gigs and pay for travel ect ect. It's a shame but thats life

He's changed the date of Grimsby, get over it, no one asked you to go to the gigs and pay for travel ect ect. It's a shame but thats life

no they absolutely didn't and the hardcore tour followers are well aware of that. however it isn't unreasonable for them to expect him not to kick a gig into touch for no better reason than to make a few bob.

is announcing a concert not the same as asking to come?

etcetera, ect is also something different.

amsterdam, 1984, utrecht, 1991, dusseldorf, 1992 and 19 more.

Last edited:
Not really. What I mean is Morrissey didn't ask people to travel 100's of miles, spend money on hotels.

If I choose to go and watch him in say Paris when he's playing Liverpool then it is a risk i'm taking. Morrissey can't be obliged to "care" for fans who want to travel 100's of miles. Blimey he's played enough different places over the past 5 years for people to see him closer to home(obviously not for all)

This really pisses me off. I'm flying from Sweden and has no possibility staying three extra days in England just for the gig in Grimsby. Neither can I rebook my flight so now I will have one day in England with nothing to do and one unnecessary hotel night. And I will only get to see him in York. :mad::(

See,this is why he's playing these little towns .Theyre local gigs,for local people.Not for the likes of you and your type!:mad:

Last edited:
If Morrissey was touring Yugoslavia, I wouldn't dream of going to see him. I could easily afford to, but it'd be a waste of money. No-one asked those coming from abroad to buy tickets, flights, hotels etc. These things happen - to all bands/singers, not just Morrissey. It's just a risk you take. "It only hurts, because it's true".
Playing to thousands of potentially new fans at Glastonbury sounds a lot more appealing to me than playing to the same old (literally) faces in a tiny hall in Grimsby.
Is he doing it to make more money? Possibly. Probably. But that's the music business for you. Any business, for that matter.

I re-read Mozipedia recently. In it, he makes some reference to "I get the feeling my audience will be with me for life, no matter what".. Very true. You'll be back for more. You'll buy the next album, buy the next lot of tickets in a year or two. He may as well rake in the money/new fans while he has the chance.

I don't know why anyone would buy something that was non-refundable. There are too many things that could change, besides Morrissey's schedule/health/band mate issues.

Back
Top Bottom