Dover, DE - Firefly Music Festival (June 19, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / First Of The Gang To Die / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Alma Matters / Kiss Me A Lot / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Ganglord / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Speedway / Staircase At The University / The Bullfighter Dies / You Have Killed Me / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Meat Is Murder / What She Said

setlist provided by setlist.fm, correction by an anonymous person

Last edited:
Why is this so shocking for the journalist. Morrissey is known to be judgemental, condesending ass really . Thats why we adore him, he seems harsh but he does it because of empathy and Love He won't make is shows any diffrent to please his audience. He shows the truth and a "screw you" to whomever considers meat not to be murder and that people should live and let live. Its murder!. I don't always agree with his methods but they are bold and effectiv(to an extent) i know that people might say that he is allredy preaching to the converted so what's the need for the vid. But i say you can a) look away b)its aimed at the ones that are not veggie's and c) he is speaking to more than just his audience he is trying to reach out to every meat eater, but people can't see that attempt since every person on earth don't go to his shows, so they don't know why or how he can directed to a larger audience

I don't mind the vid, i'm just really tired of the song

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is this so shocking for the journalist. Morrissey is known to be judgemental, condesending ass really . Thats why we adore him, he seems harsh but he does it because of empathy and Love He won't make is shows any diffrent to please his audience. He shows the truth and a "screw you" to whomever considers meat not to be murder and that people should live and let live. Its murder!. I don't always agree with his methods but they are bold and effectiv(to an extent) i know that people might say that he is allredy preaching to the converted so what's the need for the vid. But i say you can a) look away b)its aimed at the ones that are not veggie's and c) he is speaking to more than just his audience he is trying to reach out to every meat eater, but people can't see that attempt since every person on earth don't go to his shows, so they don't know why or how he can directed to a larger audience

I posted this article. I am a life long Moz fan and vegan. I first became vegetarian because of Meat Is Murder. And it is important to note that I never felt that Moz was preaching to me, at all. I didn't hear Meat Is Murder and thought "Oh God, Moz thinks this is bad, so I stop eating meat." With this song he gave me the push to stand up and do some more research for myself and THIS made me vegetarian. I posted the article because I find it amusing because the writer knows very little. The best and most revealing part is this one. I was in tears with laughter. He obviously does not realize that Morrissey shows this video since 2011 at every single concert and that he is definitely playing it at Madison Square Garden. Oh well ...

"When in reality this is the work of a coward who is slowly losing his mind. If Morrissey truly “doesn’t give a f***” then I dare him to show those same images he showed at Firefly Music Festival to Madison Square Garden on June 27th. He angered a sea of young people 18-25 at Firefly, mostly people who didn’t know who he is (or care); I dare him to ambush an older crowd at the most famous arena in America with the same images he showed us. If he approaches his set at MSG with the same mentality he approached the Firefly set, then I can guarantee that not only will the dwindling star make to leap to crackpot has-been, but it will surely be his last legitimate tour. I wasn’t completely familiar with Morrissey’s activist work but the deeper I dug the worse things I found out."

I posted this article. I am a life long Moz fan and vegan. I first became vegetarian because of Meat Is Murder. And it is important to note that I never felt that Moz was preaching to me, at all. I didn't hear Meat Is Murder and thought "Oh God, Moz thinks this is bad, so I stop eating meat." With this song he gave me the push to stand up and do some more research for myself and THIS made me vegetarian. I posted the article because I find it amusing because the writer knows very little. The best and most revealing part is this one. I was in tears with laughter. He obviously does not realize that Morrissey shows this video since 2011 at every single concert and that he is definitely playing it at Madison Square Garden. Oh well ...

"When in reality this is the work of a coward who is slowly losing his mind. If Morrissey truly “doesn’t give a f***” then I dare him to show those same images he showed at Firefly Music Festival to Madison Square Garden on June 27th. He angered a sea of young people 18-25 at Firefly, mostly people who didn’t know who he is (or care); I dare him to ambush an older crowd at the most famous arena in America with the same images he showed us. If he approaches his set at MSG with the same mentality he approached the Firefly set, then I can guarantee that not only will the dwindling star make to leap to crackpot has-been, but it will surely be his last legitimate tour. I wasn’t completely familiar with Morrissey’s activist work but the deeper I dug the worse things I found out."
Thats why i wonder why the writer of the article was so shocked. Does he not know morrrissey and his ways. He does not preach, he shows the truth, in his own Controversial way. Whomever thinks he preaches should really stop being to selfcentered. The writer seemed to dislike him from the beginning and knew very little about him. Morrissey can never get a good review really, they are either written by those who are out to get him from the beginning and those who are too blind of adoration to give a review with nyances. I know if i was a reviewer i would have never been able to conduct a review of him because i would have know been very favourable to him whatever i might see. I'm saddend that people see Morrissey as a "Love or hate" object its not fair and could confuse alot of potential fans

oh, dear..how long have you been a fan? I think we have seen a post like this 5 years ago. He loves animals a lot if you haven't noticed. The crowd at Firefly sounds like a bunch of hedonistic twats. I am sure NYc is a bit more grown up.

:crazy: I don't understand your post. I know that he loves animals and I know that NYC isn't Firefly. I simply posted this article which I thought was amusing because the writer is so clueless. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. The writer's views aren't mine.

•Mixing Politics & Music: Morrissey Disgusts Fans at Firefly by Jason Peters - The Real World Gazette

This guy has lost the plot. He obviously has no idea that music is an art form. So sad the youth of today. They think music is only about entertaining people. Thanks to Madonna, Brittney Spears & Taylor Swift. Music at it's best is art! Morrissey is representing his art with Meat Is Murder. Remember the time when music meant more...I know it was so long ago. :(

That public so stupid and indifferent, this only confirms that THE WORLD IS FULL OF CRASHING BORES

I'm really tired of your proselytizing on behalf of The Cult Of Morrissey. He hates animals, that's why he ate cheese for 33 years after writing Meat Is Muder. Do the maths. Though I think he's a dickhead, he needs to challenge himself by confronting the Beefaroni clowns. He's a clown too, but it's all good. On one level. On another: he's guilty of #CrimesAgainstClownsandCows

best
~The Ghost Of BB in KBN

I'm really tired of your proselytizing on behalf of The Cult Of Morrissey. He hates animals, that's why he ate cheese for 33 years after writing Meat Is Muder. Do the maths. Though I think he's a dickhead, he needs to challenge himself by confronting the Beefaroni clowns. He's a clown too, but it's all good. On one level. On another: he's guilty of #CrimesAgainstClownsandCows

best
~The Ghost Of BB in KBN

What on Earth are you on about?? I've been reading your ludicrous posts and can't understand your logic and hatred? Do you consume meat? If you do, then you are part of the murder chain. Like those idiots chanting KFC. What a bunch of hillbilly redneck arses. But, that's what humans do when they are confronted with the TRUTH..they act like the guilty party, cause they ARE!

So Morrissey eats cheese...oh no! Vegetarians do! Get over it!

Oh, he is playing at a meat filled festival! Again, so what? It was great he played Meat is Murder and showed the footage. What he should have also done was thrown a vat full of pig's blood over the audience; but then again the meat eating murderers would have loved that.

What on Earth are you on about?? I've been reading your ludicrous posts and can't understand your logic and hatred? Do you consume meat? If you do, then you are part of the murder chain. Like those idiots chanting KFC. What a bunch of hillbilly redneck arses. But, that's what humans do when they are confronted with the TRUTH..they act like the guilty party, cause they ARE!

Oh, he is playing at a meat filled festival! Again, so what? It was great he played Meat is Murder and showed the footage. What he should have also done was thrown a vat full of pig's blood over the audience; but then again the meat eating murderers would have loved that.

are you cult crazy? throw a vat of pig blood on the audience?

are you cult crazy? throw a vat of pig blood on the audience?

Wow...it has nothing to do with being 'cult crazy'.

It's about shutting the bigots up that's what it's all about. The meat eating murderers always get their back up when the truth is in their face. Why get the shits if someone is opening your mind to the truth?

If I were Moz, I would open and close my concerts with Meat is Murder.

As for the comparison of Paul Mc and Morrissey...Paul is a vegetarian...and? His legacy of songs do not push boundaries like Morrissey does. We can hardly call 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' or 'Love Me Do' songs that raise social awareness. Paul Mc is a totally different performer and even though he has made it very clear he does not support the consumption of animal flesh, he doesn't really bring it up at shows..why? Who knows and who cares.

Last edited:

It's about shutting the bigots up that's what it's all about. The meat eating murderers always get their back up when the truth is in their face. Why get the shits if someone is opening your mind to the truth?

As for the comparison of Paul Mc and Morrissey...Paul is a vegetarian...and? His legacy of songs do not push boundaries like Morrissey does. We can hardly call 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' or 'Love Me Do' songs that raise social awareness. Paul Mc is a totally different performer and even though he has made it very clear he does not support the consumption of animal flesh, he doesn't really bring it up at shows..why? Who knows and who cares.
Don't bash macca. I Love moz, but i still face the fact, McCartney is more talanted than moz. The lyrics are maybe not as deep but as valid. The Beatles Is the most influential band of all time and broke more boundries then moz will ever do or the Smiths. I Love them both for different reasons. But the Smiths and moz never beat the beatles. Macca also belives in a more passive way to spread awerness about animal rights and being a veggie (Linda thaught him that) and there is no fault in that. Macca just decides to seperate his politics from his shows

Btw i really hope you decided to go to the moz show

Don't bash macca. I Love moz, but i still face the fact, McCartney is more talanted than moz. The lyrics are maybe not as deep but as valid. The Beatles Is the most influential band of all time and broke more boundries then moz will ever do or the Smiths. I Love them both for different reasons. But the Smiths and moz never beat the beatles. Macca also belives in a more passive way to spread awerness about animal rights and being a veggie (Linda thaught him that) and there is no fault in that. Macca just decides to seperate his politics from his shows

Btw i really hope you decided to go to the moz show

I think McCartney is Cool and the Beatles obviously very influential, however Paul more talented than Moz?

He is clearly more popular but his songs do not push boundaries like Moz songs. Lou Reed & The Velvet Underground, for instance- obscure at the time - very misunderstood and not popular at all. However the right minded people were taking notes and were highly influenced by them :) . They did push boundaries and so does Patti Smith, Dylan, Moz.

Paul is obviously talented however lyrically is not in the same league,in my opinion.

The author of that piece is an idiot. I won't even get into the absurdity of a pseudo journalist trying to dictate how an artist should express themselves. What really bothers me is that a simple Google search would have informed the author that Morrissey has been showing that video as part of the Meat Is Murder performance at every show on this tour. It was not some calculated move that he came up with just to piss off the Firefly crowd. Why would he not show it to his diehard fans at Madison Square Garden if he wasn't afraid to show it to an unamiliar audience at Firefly? Just lazy journalism on multiple levels.

why doesnt he simply play meat is murder for the entire hour and then throw the vat of pig blood on people so he can be promptly arrested and put el finito to his already floundering career.
normal people eat meat most vegans or vegetarians are not stable.

more press

http://www.citypaper.com/blogs/nois...festival-live-blog-20150619-story.html#page=1

"5:14 p.m.
Morrissey Firefly Note Dump:
For the dyed-in-the-wool fanbase Morrissey enjoys, here is a collection of tidied up notables that I scribbled during his Firefly set Friday evening.

Moz starts set quoting Public Enemy, saying, "It takes a nation of millions to hold us back."

'First of the Gang to Die' is the second song of the evening and features an altered arrangement with a steady kick drum pulse and shakers, adding a sort of Latin house feel to the beat. During this song the smell of weed permeates the air, causing me to wonder if the crowd knows who Morrissey is.

Morrissey ties his shoe. I cry. A crowd member near me repeats a few times that Moz is a "pretentious asshole." He sees me scribbling, asks who I write for, repeats his claim, and then adds, "but he is a legend."

Someone in the crowd presumably mentions the weed to Morrissey, who responds, "Yes I know... I can smell it!" Breaking: Morrissey, a 56-year-old man, has smelled weed before, probably.

As the band begins 'World Peace Is None of Your Business,' there are some immediate cheers, although I think they are more likely cheering the didgeridoo--it's that kind of festival. This song begins the political portion of the set, and it makes me wonder if Morrissey knows who his audience is stateside, or at least who is attending this festival, as surely none of these white concert goers are likely to experience "police [stunning] you with their stun guns". Also, the song's diss of voting seems naive, condescending, and flat out wrong in an American context, where black Americans have been, and continue to be, systematically denied their voting rights.

'Ganglord' comes on and is one of the band's most vital numbers so far. The YouTube videos projected on the stage show police brutality from the past few years across the United States. Audience members around me begin to notice the video. The message of the song, "Ganglord... I am turning to you to save me" in the face of police abuse reminds me of the actions of the Bloods and Crips during the unrest in Baltimore.

Dude who looks like a lacrosse bro with muscles on his tan arms absolutely loves 'I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris.' He tries to throw his arms around the heavens with every instance of the chorus. Everyone else seems bored.

'Speedway' features a faster tempo and every member of the band switches instruments, with Morrissey giving up his vocals to his keyboardist, who sings in Spanish. Morrissey takes his turn behind the keys only to play... tambourine. All hopes for another avant-jazz piano solo, a la the coda of 'Death of a Disco Dancer,' are dashed. I cry again.

An older man asks me, "Do people actually like this? A woman who I was talking to who left to get a drink told me this is music to commit suicide too." I responded, "Yes."

The only song he introduces tonight is 'The World Is Full of Crashing Bores.' Is he trying to tell us something?

Right before playing 'Everyday Is Like Sunday,' Morrissey asks, "Would you like us to leave?" Some of the crowd shouts "No!" It is enough, and the following song results in the second, and final, sing-along of the evening.

'Meat Is Murder' comes on and the band is really up for it. A video starts with either a pussing tumor or a calf being born-- it's hard to tell. Over time, the slaughterhouse video begins to affect the crowd with people asking, "Is he a vegetarian?" "Oh my god, what is this?!" The song ends, and there is a hilarious and awesome silence. Morrissey plays 'What She Said' with the coda of 'Rubber Ring' and leaves without a word. "

If you'd read my posts or even my signature, it's pretty clear I'm Vegan, unlike Morrissey. You are very, very stupid. Cheese bleeds: Milk Is Murder. As I say, you are incredibly stupid. Like Morrissey, who is drowning in the blood of the cows he sentenced to death for his 33 years of Corpsetarian-Cheesetarianism. Now f*** off.

best
BB in KBN again.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom