Edmonton, AB - Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium (Oct. 10, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Lady Willpower / I Wish You Lonely / Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Irish Blood, English Heart / First Of The Gang To Die / Home Is A Question Mark / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / Some Say I Got Devil / Everyday Is Like Sunday // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm

Last edited:
I think you're describing the current Conservative Party who indeed do all of the things you've listed. For Britain is one of the very few parties that promises to champion the most unfavoured group of all parties: the ordinary working class. And it is the only party that plans to ban halal slaughter. It would also reduce immigration (yes, reduce, nothing more) to try to aver the Great Replacement for little while longer.

For Britain is not extreme. A real right-wing party would not only end immigration completely but would reverse it by sending many people home. If Moz desired this he would air his support for an ethno-nationalist group like the NF.
Why waste your breath?

Morrissey finally arrives in Edmonton, delivering the hits and quips
by Fish Griwkowsky, Oct. 11, 2019
Edmonton Journal

https://edmontonjournal.com/enterta...ves-in-edmonton-delivering-the-hits-and-quips

DISCLAIMER: Yeah, well, you know …
Anyway, on to the concert review!
For the first successful appearance in numerous scheduled shows — 2005; April this year; and Thursday night — Morrissey finally made it to Edmonton, one for three.
Interpol was unfortunately nowhere to be seen, so opening up were a giant photo of Robert Mitchum from 1952’s Lusty Men, than a half-hour cousin to the MuchMusic Video Dance Party where perhaps some of us first saw the Smiths for the first time, starting with a live video of Bowie and the Spiders singing Jean Genie, ol’ Zig alluding to the Beatles’ Love Me Do on his harmonica to make the backwards time jumping extra hoppy. This video mixtape included Robert Stack and other cops on The Untouchables noting, “Arresting Morrissey is stupid and unnecessary,” not the last poke at the police during the two-hour performance.
(If you missed all this because of the long security patdown lineup at the door, the venue noted the security was their call, not the singer’s.)...

CONCERT REVIEW: Morrissey Shows Up in Edmonton

By Mike Ross for GigCity.CA

M-s-768x512.jpg

Excerpt:

"No protesters were spotted – save for hundreds of pissed off people forced to wait in a monkey-f*** security line that stretched well outside the doors (not usually seen in this building). People should know that it’s the artists who dictate the terms of security at their concerts. Morrissey may have fears of people wishing to do him harm, due to some controversial opinions and accusations of alleged racism, which sucks – but what can you do? Ma’am, please empty your purse …"

http://www.gigcity.ca/2019/10/11/concert-review-morrissey-shows-up-in-edmonton/

This review asserts the artist dictates security requirements, the first review says it was the venue's choice.
Regards,
FWD.

Has he ever urged anyone to vote for a far right party.
Don't badger, it's well documented, but thankfully he's never endorsed Labour or Conservatives who between them have killed more Muslims than For Britain ever will. And as for animal welfare..... Tally hó.
I dont subscribe to politics, I'm not that programmable. Morrissey stirred up a hornets nest by endorsing For Britain, it's publicity it's protesting mainstream politics and it's drawing attention to the complete disregard for animal welfare in mainstream politics and the deliberate mass displacement of Muslim people and forced migration to other countries that can't cope with the sheer numbers.
Look at it rationally.

CONCERT REVIEW: Morrissey Shows Up in Edmonton

By Mike Ross for GigCity.CA

View attachment 53033

Excerpt:

"No protesters were spotted – save for hundreds of pissed off people forced to wait in a monkey-f*** security line that stretched well outside the doors (not usually seen in this building). People should know that it’s the artists who dictate the terms of security at their concerts. Morrissey may have fears of people wishing to do him harm, due to some controversial opinions and accusations of alleged racism, which sucks – but what can you do? Ma’am, please empty your purse …"

http://www.gigcity.ca/2019/10/11/concert-review-morrissey-shows-up-in-edmonton/

This review asserts the artist dictates security requirements, the first review says it was the venue's choice.
Regards,
FWD.
I can guarantee you it was the venue’s policy. Canadians are obsessed with safety and security and would be more than happy to subject everyone to cavity search.

also by ms peterson on yt

Last edited by a moderator:
Never liked Irish Blood.
Morrissey's muddled political lyrics set to a clumsy third-rate grunge tune.
Now we know that instead of 'Tories and Labour', he's urging us to vote for a far-right party who will slash taxes for the rich, deny a climate emergency, and massively increase military expenditure, it's even worse.

You again...? Why are you above ground ? To pollute the world !!

Why waste your breath?
I've still got lots of breath left for people who consult the social and mainstream media to tell them what For Britain is about. Me and you both know it's a very lightweight party. Personally I'd prefer if Morrissey endorsed something much more revolutionary - a party that would not only reduce immigration but reverse it. Only that way could we cancel the fact that in the coming years Brits (and other Europeans) are to become a minority in their own country. But as we all know, such a party doesn't actually exist.

Last edited:
It's insane that a party called For Britain is maligned as bigoted and far right. If they were called Against Britain they'd probably be more successful. Shame and guilt seems all the rage these days.

Get on board. Everyone should be For Britain.We owe them plenty. Civilisation anyone? The more people from failing civilisations Europe lets in, the more it will slide towards becoming one of them. How much diversity is enough? Just look around. We have plenty.

How the toxic ideology known as Islam is seen as this harmless and benign religion is beyond me.

Over to you Douglas...

And more from Sam...

Last edited:
His sexual repression drove him to become an exhibitionist. When will he take his trousers off?

Yes, he has. What do you think all the fuss is about? Look on his official website.
https://www.morrisseycentral.com/me...nglish-are-sick-to-death-of-labour-and-tories
Have you actually read that mate. If you have and are still of the opinion that For Britain are a Far Right party then lets hope the left never get back in power.
Just because the word Britain is in the name does not mean there are racist leanings, ie British Movement English Defence League, National Front.
This is what is wrong with the left nowadays. Demonisation of all things "Not Left". If its not Left, it's Far Right.

Don't badger, it's well documented, but thankfully he's never endorsed Labour or Conservatives who between them have killed more Muslims than For Britain ever will. And as for animal welfare..... Tally hó.
I dont subscribe to politics, I'm not that programmable. Morrissey stirred up a hornets nest by endorsing For Britain, it's publicity it's protesting mainstream politics and it's drawing attention to the complete disregard for animal welfare in mainstream politics and the deliberate mass displacement of Muslim people and forced migration to other countries that can't cope with the sheer numbers.
Look at it rationally.
Still not Far Right though.

It's insane that a party called For Britain is maligned as bigoted and far right. If they were called Against Britain they'd probably be more successful. Shame and guilt seems all the rage these days.

Get on board. Everyone should be For Britain.We owe them plenty. Civilisation anyone? The more people from failing civilisations Europe lets in, the more it will slide towards becoming one of them. How much diversity is enough? Just look around. We have plenty.

How the toxic ideology known as Islam is seen as this harmless and benign religion is beyond me.

Over to you Douglas...

And more from Sam...

Morrissey's right. Douglas Murray's right.

It's time for the uncivilised to go home.

Whether that sounds far right, far left, or far up somebody's behind isn't important. It's time.

Morrissey's right. Douglas Murray's right.

It's time for the uncivilised to go home.

Whether that sounds far right, far left, or far up somebody's behind isn't important. It's time.
The Far Up party. That could catch on. It's basically the same as the far left.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom