Morrissey Central "ELIZABETH ANNE DWYER" (August 8, 2020)

Born Holles Street Hospital, Dublin, in
winter months.

Unknown-1_elgqpc.jpg

ELIZABETH ANNE DWYER

"With this broken voice I beseech you, my friends, to offer prayers of hope and prayers of intercession for the recovery of Elizabeth Anne Dwyer, who is my mother, who is in trouble, and who is the sole reason for all the good and motivational things in my life. I ask particularly my friends in Chile, Mexico, Italy, Peru, Paraguay, Brazil, the United States, Ecuador, Israel and Ireland to offer their prayers for Elizabeth - for she is all I have, and our collective pleas of petition might wake the sleeping gods.
She is me, and without her vahaan koee kal hal … there is no tomorrow. I ask no more of you… for there could be no more to ask."

Steven Patrick Francis Morrissey.

8 August 2020.

20200808_134354.jpg

Nothing but positive thoughts.
FWD.

Media items:

I never said I was a Muslim.

Just because I am not a Muslim doesn’t mean I hate Islam like you do.

I can be an atheist and know how different religions work and what they believe.

I was a very devout Catholic for most of my life so that kind of gives me the knowledge on that front and I have studied most religions in depth.

Why you have, as someone who is obviously not religious, a problem with people believing whatever religion they chose is Wierd. Most people don’t care either way.

Except people who have an agenda of hate and division. You are in a minority though.
Don't rise to vegan crow 777 as this poster is about as useful or moral as a alcoholic priest about to jump his next preteen.

My mother died in 2010 and her name was Ann Elizabeth. I saw Morrissey at Zitadelle in Berlin in 2011. It was in a beautiful outdoor setting and a sunny summers day and i was right at the front (David Walliams was standing half way back with his then wife). When he sang i know its over, the words oh mother really got to me and i could feel tears running down my face. My very best wishes and love to Morrissey at what must be a terrible time for him.
I can relate as well. My dear Mother-in-law attended her one and only Morrissey concert, on May 22, 2014, here in Dallas. She had wanted to see him for a long time and so my wife and I purchased her a ticket for a belated Mother’s Day gift. My Mother-in-law loved the show and the best part is that another fan inadvertently filmed her and my wife dancing along to EDILS from a few rows back. My MIL was already in poor health and she would pass away less than two years later at the age of 66, so it’s a very poignant, very bittersweet memory. ❤

My mother died in 2010 and her name was Ann Elizabeth. I saw Morrissey at Zitadelle in Berlin in 2011. It was in a beautiful outdoor setting and a sunny summers day and i was right at the front (David Walliams was standing half way back with his then wife). When he sang i know its over, the words oh mother really got to me and i could feel tears running down my face. My very best wishes and love to Morrissey at what must be a terrible time for him.

í'm sorry for your loss.
It's uncanny how such things can hit you when you think you are free and clear. Music especially seems to hit some subconscious trigger more swiftly and powerfully than anything else.
At the last concert í attended, Palladium March 2018, the music and performance alone was worthy of legend, best í'd seen in years, but when í saw Sam et al setting up the Royal Box for M.'s Mum and sister, í knew it was going to be a show of another order.
Seeing his Mother & Sister sitting there proudly, just a few metres from where í was watching Moz, made me think about a Mother's pride, and sibling bonds. My sister & í had lost our Mum the previous summer, having cared for her through 7 years of illness.
You might think you go to these shows to take your mind off certain things, or to another place, but Love always finds you out, even when you don't want it to.
It was one of the great nights. But hard.

Last edited:
I had exactly the same feeling at Bradford St Georges Hall in 2011. Prior to the gig I had the pleasure of meeting Boz and the footballer Joey Barton and was in really good mood but that song really made me miss my mum, who passed in 2000 at the age of 57.

í'm so sorry for your loss Surface. 57 is no age at all.

í remember "I Know It's Over" on that tour being the real dark pulse at the heart of the set.
Every night í saw of that run, he just seemed to transport himself to some other midbrain at that point, and every crowd seemed to go with him.

I can relate as well. My dear Mother-in-law attended her one and only Morrissey concert, on May 22, 2014, here in Dallas. She had wanted to see him for a long time and so my wife and I purchased her a ticket for a belated Mother’s Day gift. My Mother-in-law loved the show and the best part is that another fan inadvertently filmed her and my wife dancing along to EDILS from a few rows back. My MIL was already in poor health and she would pass away less than two years later at the age of 66, so it’s a very poignant, very bittersweet memory. ❤

That's quite beautiful. í'm very sorry for your pain.

🤒
WTF PRIESTS are REGULAR DUDES with NO DIVINE POWER???

Since you are an Islam atheist you probably are not aware of the following situation::blushing:

Priest instrument of Jesus Christ
Similar to the way in which the humanity of Our Lord is the instrument of His divinity, the priest is the instrument of Our Lord Himself. At his ordination, a priest is given the power to act in the person of Jesus Christ. From that point, the priest, by pronouncing merely human words, such as “For this is My Body” or “I absolve you from your sins” accomplishes supernatural effects beyond human power. In those moments in which the priest is engaging the character of Holy Orders, Christ acts through him to grant spiritual benefits to souls. When a layman says “I absolve you” to a contrite friend, nothing supernatural happens. When a priest says these words, Christ washes that soul with His own Precious Blood.

how do we know the uncle is excommunicated if he has no papers to show FFS?:straightface:
My actual words were that priests are humans not divine and they aren’t divine. As it says in what you have posted it says they are instruments of the divinity of Jesus. Not that they are divine. My point was to distinguish that they are not infallible and that they are not divine and not god and that is correct. To state priests are divine would be blasphemy. They are instruments of the divinity of Jesus ie it is Jesus that is divine not the priest.

I posted details of the church’s view on adulterous behaviour and that they don’t acknowledge divorce.

So what is your point? You don’t believe my uncle was rejected from the church back in the 70s or that you don’t believe the church doesn’t accept divorce?

To remarry after divorce the church views as adultery unless the original spouse died or unless the church has annulled the marriage. In the 70s annulment was only granted by the Vatican. This only changed recently when Pope Francis has changed the process and rules so that annulments can be processed by local church authorities. In the 70s that was not possible. To divorce was considered a grave issue but to commit adultery by leaving your wife to marry another divorcee who wasnt a Catholic and apply to marry in a Catholic Church and not openly give this history was extremely bad in the eyes of the church.

This as I said will not be a revelation to catholics on here. Just to you because you don’t know how Catholicism works and has worked.

í'm sorry for your loss.
It's uncanny how such things can hit you when you think you are free and clear. Music especially seems to hit some subconscious trigger more swiftly and powerfully than anything else.
At the last concert í attended, Palladium March 2018, the music and performance alone was worthy of legend, best í'd seen in years, but when í saw Sam et al setting up the Royal Box for M.'s Mum and sister, í knew it was going to be a show of another order.
Seeing his Mother & Sister sitting there proudly, just a few metres from where í was watching Moz, made me think about a Mother's pride, and sibling bonds. My sister & í had lost our Mum the previous summer, having cared for her through 7 years of illness.
You might think you go to these shows to take your mind off certain things, or to another place, but Love always finds you out, even when you don't want it to.
It was one of the great nights.

Great. You made me tear up. On a Wednesday night. 💔

I can relate to the pain of losing one's mother. Mine passed away in early 2017, much too soon. And I've been thinking about her a lot in the last few days.

Last edited:
Great. You made me tear up. On a Wednesday night. 💔

I can relate to the pain of losing one's mother. Mine passed away in early 2017, much too early. And I've been thinking about her a lot in the last few days.

All Apologies. Bad form; í could have at least waited til the weekend :flowers:

í'm sorry for your loss, and the revived pain/love.

í think there are alot of remembrances floating around here just now, quite naturally. {Quite alot else 'floating' around too though...}

Still wishing and hoping and thinking and praying.

All Apologies. Bad form; í could have at least waited til the weekend :flowers:

í'm sorry for your loss, and the revived pain/love.

í think there are alot of remembrances floating around here just now, quite naturally. {Quite alot else 'floating' around too though...}

Still wishing and hoping and thinking and praying.

Thank you. 😔

We all float down here at Solow, some in heaven, some in the gutter, looking at the stars. Or the pavement.

Hoping and wishing for the best.

You have my thoughts and prayers with You and Your Family for Mothers full recovery. Do not despair Stephen my Mother is 91,been in hospital, I could not go with her because of Covid-19,It was weeks of hell but she is now home and happy,I hope the same for Your Mother x

It would be good if Admins deleted the shite posted thats irrelevant to this thread about religion and concentrated on the posts that matter !

Do we have any updates on how his mom is doing? I have been praying for a speedy recovery for her and for strength for Moz...

My actual words were that priests are humans not divine and they aren’t divine. As it says in what you have posted it says they are instruments of the divinity of Jesus. Not that they are divine. My point was to distinguish that they are not infallible and that they are not divine and not god and that is correct. To state priests are divine would be blasphemy. They are instruments of the divinity of Jesus ie it is Jesus that is divine not the priest.

I posted details of the church’s view on adulterous behaviour and that they don’t acknowledge divorce.

So what is your point? You don’t believe my uncle was rejected from the church back in the 70s or that you don’t believe the church doesn’t accept divorce?

To remarry after divorce the church views as adultery unless the original spouse died or unless the church has annulled the marriage. In the 70s annulment was only granted by the Vatican. This only changed recently when Pope Francis has changed the process and rules so that annulments can be processed by local church authorities. In the 70s that was not possible. To divorce was considered a grave issue but to commit adultery by leaving your wife to marry another divorcee who wasnt a Catholic and apply to marry in a Catholic Church and not openly give this history was extremely bad in the eyes of the church.

This as I said will not be a revelation to catholics on here. Just to you because you don’t know how Catholicism works and has worked.
🤒

tons of catholic peeps have divorced and never been excommunicated.
if uncle was excommunicated under the 'canon law' there has to be paperwork of the proceedings.:mad:
he must have been processed under the canon law.o_O

everyday peeps, which what you called priests dont have the power
to forgive sins etc. you are totally confused about this religion. maybe you should post about the many fatwas FFS, you are confusing the forum with all the contradictions.:blushing:

Do we have any updates on how his mom is doing? I have been praying for a speedy recovery for her and for strength for Moz...
I don't know I haven't heard anything either. Wonderful that you are praying for Morrissey's mother Elizabeth and for Morrissey. You sound like you are very caring person.

Last edited:
None of this proves that the Islamic god isnt the same as the Christian god. They all came from Abraham and Abraham had one god as does Islam. Mohammad did not invent a new god.

I said Mohammad was the descendent of Ishmael not his son.

I understand you dont follow the teaching of the catholic church but Morrissey and his mother are catholic so it is relevant to explain the teaching of the Church and that teaching states it is the same god and popes have continually stated they hold Islam in high regard. From the vatican teaching:

"“The Church has also a high regard for the Muslims. They worship God, who is one, living and subsistent, merciful and almighty, the Creator of heaven and earth (Cf. St. Gregory VII, Letter III, 21 to Anazir [Al-Nasir], King of Mauretania PL, 148.451A.), who has spoken to men. They strive to submit themselves without reserve to the hidden decrees of God, just as Abraham submitted himself to God’s plan, to whose faith Muslims eagerly link their own. Although not acknowledging him as God, they venerate Jesus as a prophet, his Virgin Mother they also honor, and even at times devoutly invoke. Further, they await the day of judgment and the reward of God following the resurrection of the dead. For this reason they highly esteem an upright life and worship God, especially by way of prayer, alms-deeds and fasting."
I worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. In the Old and New Testaments, God is called the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, because with them God's relationship of promise and purpose was fixed for all those who descended from them. This is the same line that our Lord Jesus comes from and we can be assured as Christians that Jesus is the Messiah. Lord Jesus is from the correct lineage/ancestry as was prophesied in the Old Testament.

I worship the Hebrew God of the Bible. The God of Israel. Lord God is the same in the Old Testament and also in the New Testament.

It is true that Christianity, Judaism and Islam are all 'Abrahamic' religions. But a difference in Islam is that they follow the line of Ishmael NOT of Isaac. For us Christians that would mean that they are going against or breaking God's Covenant with Abraham and Isaac. The Lord God's Covenant made it clear that Ishmael was NOT to inherit Abraham's house and that Isaac would be the Seed of the Covenant: "Take your son, your only son, whom you love and go to the region of Moriah." (Genesis 22:2–8). If you read the 'Book of Genesis' in the Old Testament this should make more sense to you and you can hopefully understand where I'm coming from.

God's Covenants are not exactly contracts the way we think of contracts today, though there is some similarity. A 'Covenant' in a Biblical context is essentially a relationship or a partnership, but it's a relationship that has been formalised and has been brought under sanctions, as it were. So there are 'blessings' that come if the relationship is kept, and there are 'penalties' that come if the relationship is broken, and a Covenant is simply the terms of that relationship. In total, there are four Old Testament God Covenants—one with Noah, one with Abraham, one with the Israelites, and one with King David. All of these Covenants serve the purpose of creating a new partnership into which God can eventually invite all of humankind.

Jesus is my Lord and Saviour and my friend. Jesus is my intercessor with God. In Christianity we have a personal relationship with Father God and His Son Lord Jesus. I believe in the Holy Trinity which is also known as the Triune Godhead- One God in 3 persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

A fundamental difference between Christianity and Islam is that Christians believe Jesus is the only begotten Son of God not just a prophet. Jesus is God made flesh. Jesus is divine. Us Christians believe that Jesus died on the Cross He shed His precious blood to save us from our sins. Us Christian believe that Jesus was buried and then rose again on the third day and He ascended into Heaven. It is through our faith and belief in Lord Jesus Christ and His redemptive work that we are saved.

I'm a born-again, Bible-believing Christian not a Roman Catholic. I don't follow what the Vatican or the Pope says. I know very little about Catholicism.

I'm sorry I thought that you meant you thought that Muhammad was Ishmael's son. I believe that you are correct Muhammad is from the same lineage/ancestry as Ishmael. I don't know a great deal about Islam. I know that Muslims believe in the Second Coming of Lord Jesus Christ. I also believe in the Second Coming of Lord Jesus Christ.

I like the Christian website "Got Questions". This is quite an interesting article:

https://www.gotquestions.org/same-God.html

This is an extract from the article:

So, do Christians and Muslims worship the same God? A better question is, “Do Christians and Muslims both have a correct understanding of who God is?” To this question, the answer is definitely no. Because of crucial differences between the Christian and Muslim concepts of God, the two faiths cannot both be true. The Biblical God alone addresses and solves the problem of sin by giving His Son Jesus. God sacrificed His only son Jesus for the sins of mankind.

“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son” (John 3:16-18).

God bless you! I'm still praying for Morrissey's mother Elizabeth, Morrissey himself and the rest of his family. I know that Morrissey and his family are Roman Catholics. I have total respect and love for Morrissey and his family.

Last edited:
Hi Moz, I love you and wish your mother a speedy recovery. You are in my thoughts.

It would be good if Admins deleted the shite posted thats irrelevant to this thread about religion and concentrated on the posts that matter !

It is a discussion forum and it was a discussion about theology in response to the theme of the thread regarding prayer. Totally relevant.

Posts that matter? What are they? Again I don't believe people posting posts of a religious nature will have any bearing on the outcome of someone's illness. Only nature and medical science can control the outcome so a discussion forum being used to discuss is completely relevant.

🤒

tons of catholic peeps have divorced and never been excommunicated.
if uncle was excommunicated under the 'canon law' there has to be paperwork of the proceedings.:mad:
he must have been processed under the canon law.o_O

everyday peeps, which what you called priests dont have the power
to forgive sins etc. you are totally confused about this religion. maybe you should post about the many fatwas FFS, you are confusing the forum with all the contradictions.:blushing:

Wrong again. You should do some research.

There are two forms of excommunication.

The first is sententiae ferendae which is basically a very serious offence and a trial takes place amongst the church hierarchy. This will be similar to any other secular trial but be secret within the church domain. It will contain paper work and the outcome will be a complete cutting of links for that person from the catholic church and sacraments.

The second is Latae sententiae which is automatic excommunication with no trial and no paperwork based on the committing of particular offences.

As explained the excommunication wasn't based on just the divorce, it was based on having an affair, then divorcing, then turning up at a church asking to be married to a divorcee who wasn't a catholic and not being open about the situation which was discovered and therefore that contains multiple serious offences.

As for divorce yes lots of catholics get divorced but the church does not recognise divorce. Divorce is a legal non religious act granted by a non religious court that frees a person from all legal links to a person previously married to.

As far as the church goes marriage is not a legal union, it is a sacrament and a religious union and the bible does not accept divorce. The church's stance (and still the case) is that if a person gets divorced and then remarries then it is adultery because in the eyes of the church the sacrament of marriage is still in place with the original couple and no civil legal document can break that binding. The only way a catholic can get divorced and remarry is if in addition to the legal divorce the original marriage is annulled by the church and in the 70s that was very difficult and it still isnt that straight forward.

There will be many catholics out there who have got divorced and remarried or got new partners without marrying but that in the eyes of the church is adultery and adultery is very serious in the church and is stated as a mortal sin or cardinal sin and if a person dies in a state of mortal sin the church catechism states the person will go to hell if they haven't repented their sin in confessional prior to their death.

Non practising divorced catholics tend not to care about these things but practising catholics will seek annulment of their marriage before moving on.

The problem with my uncle was not only did he not seek annulment, he committed adultery by having the affair, then proceeded to request marriage at a different church to a non catholic divorcee without having had his first marriage annulled and lied to the church about his and her position and continued to go to mass and receive communion and someone in the state of mortal sin is not allowed to receive communion so multiple offences considered serious by the church led to Latae sententiae and a complete ostracism from his whole extended family.

Priests do have the power to forgive sins but they are doing so as instruments of Jesus, not as divine people which is blasphemy. Good try at the end to return to your anti Muslim bashing. Quite pathetic though.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom