Morrissey Central "ELVIS RICHARDSON MEETS CHARLIE PRESLEY" (January 13, 2021)

ELVIS RICHARDSON MEETS CHARLIE PRESLEY

IMG_0516_fo3a72.jpg

FWD.

I will eternally be confused by Morrissey/Elvis comparisons, although I love them both. Artistically I don't see many similarities, despite Morrissey's tendency so emulate certain characteristics as a form of tribute.
People also seem to forget that Morrissey is already almost 20 years older than Elvis ever was, so any comparisons regarding looks (usually meant to insult either one or both) miss the target.
On a personal level they might have hit it off though.

Last edited:

:)

(Not forgetting he wanted that used instead of ¡Oye Esteban!)

Morrissey is impressed with basic Photoshops in the same way homeless people are impressed with street magic. It's embarrassing.

I will eternally be confused by Morrissey/Elvis comparisons, despite the fact that I love them both. Artistically I don't see many similarities, despite Morrissey's tendency so emulate certain characteristics as a form of tribute.
People also seem to forget that Morrissey is already almost 20 years older than Elvis ever was, so any comparisons regarding looks (usually meant to insult either one or both) miss the target.
Not sure Morrissey would approve of The Kings love of burgers.
Hail The Burger King!

Not sure Morrissey would approve of The Kings love of burgers.
Hail The Burger King!
He certainly wouldn't but he has probably talked to and maybe even liked other non-vegetarian people before, it's almost unavoidable 😉

I will eternally be confused by Morrissey/Elvis comparisons, although I love them both. Artistically I don't see many similarities, despite Morrissey's tendency so emulate certain characteristics as a form of tribute.

Well comparisons could also be made through the devotion and fandom that the two artists still inspire.
Then there’s the voice, not only the crooning style, but the way it draws one in and captures the (right) listeners attention, to be comforted, to be saved, even if only for the songs length, transported!
Not too many artists can do that.

Viva Moz !!!

😎

Well comparisons could be made through the devotion and fandom
that the two artists still inspire. Then there’s the voice, not only the crooning style, but the way it draws one in and captures the (right) listeners attention, to be comforted, to be saved, even if only for the songs length, transported! Not too many artists can do that.

Viva Moz !!!

😎
Well, yes, I can see that. :thumb:

Although even their voices are quite distinct in my opinion, especially in younger years.

What I meant was:
Obviously Morrissey was and continues to be heavily inspired by Elvis and has paid tribute to him in more ways than to any other singer. Integrating the art of his heroes into his own has always been an essential part of Morrissey's work. But that doesn't make him a copy. And contrary to his own remark he could not in fact have been Elvis. He couldn't have been this type of global super star (and thank the gods for that).

Well, yes, I can see that. :thumb:

Although even their voices are quite distinct in my opinion, especially in younger years.

What I meant was:
Obviously Morrissey was and continues to be heavily inspired by Elvis and has paid tribute to him in more ways than to any other singer. Integrating the art of his heroes into his own has always been an essential part of Morrissey's work. But that doesn't make him a copy. And contrary to his own remark he could not in fact have been Elvis. He couldn't have been this type of global super star (and thank the gods for that).

Yes, I totally 100% agree with your post. :thumb:

Never said they were copies, just pointing out how comparisons can be drawn.

Well comparisons could also be made through the devotion and fandom that the two artists still inspire.
Then there’s the voice, not only the crooning style, but the way it draws one in and captures the (right) listeners attention, to be comforted, to be saved, even if only for the songs length, transported!
Not too many artists can do that.

Viva Moz !!!

😎
Beautiful, Just Beautiful ...

Stop Me
Stop Me
Stop Me
If You Have Seen This Photoshop Before
Nothings Changed Still The Same

And the pain, is enough to make
A shy, bald Capital Hill insurgent
Stop eating animals

I wonder if Morrissey will ever find his Priscilla?

If he does I hope that she will be more beautiful than Priscilla both inside and out. Priscilla was so beautiful physically she was stunning but she wasn't beautiful inside and she became a Scientologist. When Priscilla left Elvis it completely devastated him.

I wonder if Morrissey and Lisa Marie Presley know each other? I think they would make a beautiful couple.

Lisa Marie Presley has gone through so much in her life. Lisa has been going through a bitter divorce, she had to fight for custody of her twin girls and her beloved son Benjamin Keough died tragically young. Morrissey could be her Knight in shining armour.

Nerak was saying that Elvis Presley was from a working-class background. He wasn't he was from what we call now the underclass a very deprived poor background. Elvis' childhood was very tough and he was born in the 1930s in the depression in the Deep South in the USA and he was bullied at school. Elvis might have some Irish and Scottish heritage. Elvis was from a religious family he went to church he believed in the Bible and he had traditional values. Elvis wasn't a Roman Catholic his church was more pentecostal, evangelical and charismatic. Elvis sang gospel songs so well and with meaning. I haven't heard Morrissey sing hymns or worship songs or gospel songs or spirituals. Elvis started studying New Age beliefs in his later life but I think he was still a Christian.

Elvis loved all his fans so he would love Morrissey. In the same way Elvis liked Sir Tom Jones who was a fan of him. Elvis had quite a few health conditions. Depression was in his family. He missed his beloved mother Gladys so much. Morrissey loved his mother Elizabeth with that same intensity.

I wonder if Morrissey will ever find his Priscilla?

If he does I hope that she will be more beautiful than Priscilla both inside and out. Priscilla was so beautiful physically she was stunning but she wasn't beautiful inside and she became a Scientologist. When Priscilla left Elvis it completely devastated him.

I wonder if Morrissey and Lisa Marie Presley know each other? I think they would make a beautiful couple.

Lisa Marie Presley has gone through so much in her life. Lisa has been going through a bitter divorce, she had to fight for custody of her twin girls and her beloved son Benjamin Keough died tragically young. Morrissey could be her Knight in shining armour.

Nerak was saying that Elvis Presley was from a working-class background. He wasn't he was from what we call now the underclass a very deprived poor background. Elvis' childhood was very tough and he was born in the 1930s in the depression in the Deep South in the USA and he was bullied at school. Elvis might have some Irish and Scottish heritage. Elvis was from a religious family he went to church he believed in the Bible and he had traditional values. Elvis wasn't a Roman Catholic his church was more pentecostal, evangelical and charismatic. Elvis sang gospel songs so well and with meaning. I haven't heard Morrissey sing hymns or worship songs or gospel songs or spirituals. Elvis started studying New Age beliefs in his later life but I think he was still a Christian.

Elvis loved all his fans so he would love Morrissey. In the same way Elvis liked Sir Tom Jones who was a fan of him. Elvis had quite a few health conditions. Depression was in his family. He missed his beloved mother Gladys so much. Morrissey loved his mother Elizabeth with that same intensity.

Well Lisa Marie already married Michael Jackson, so marrying Morrissey isn't too far-fetched I guess.

Well Lisa Marie already married Michael Jackson, so marrying Morrissey isn't too far-fetched I guess.
Yes, Michael Jackson was born in 1958 and Morrissey was born in 1959 so they are of the same generation.

Lisa Marie Presley was born in 1968 so she is about 10 years younger than Michael Jackson and Morrissey.

Lisa Marie Presley has been married 4 times to Danny Keough, Michael Jackson, Nicolas Cage and Michael Lockwood.

I really believe Morrissey could be the one her "Knight in Shining Armour" so to speak. Morrissey has his own money and his own successful career. Michael Lockwood didn't have that and he drained Lisa financially.

Lisa Marie Presley has been through so much in her life. I pray for her and her children.

Nancy Sinatra is a fan of Elvis Presley. Nancy then got to know Elvis personally and was in a film with him "Speedway". Nancy Sinatra is a fan and friend of Morrissey.

Elvis Presley loved all of his fans whether they were famous or not. Similar to Michael Jackson in that way.

Elvis Presley was born in 1935 he experienced the Depression in the 1930s. When Elvis Presley was growing up in the Deep South in the great Bible-belt they used words like hillbilly, hick, white cracker, redneck to describe his background. Really nasty stuff. Elvis was from a very poor deprived background more what people now call underclass than working-class. Elvis was bullied at school and he was actually quite shy. Morrissey was more traditional working-class.

Sorry but I don't like Priscilla for what she did to Elvis. Priscilla was so stunningly beautiful physically but beauty also comes from within. Priscilla became a Scientologist. Inside she doesn't seem nice. Priscilla is a hater of the late, great Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson didn't like Scientology and nor did Elvis Presley.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom