End of tour statement by Mozzer

Ugh, the Shrine.

My brake master cylinder went out less than a mile from the venue and I smashed into another car and just about blew up my engine stuck in gridlock traffic with a busted radiator trying to get to that shithole. Worst night ever.

Ah, the Shrine... I was pleased. We had a good view. I just wish I had my KISS boots on.

shrine1.jpg

shrine2.jpg

I'm afraid that it does seem as if he won't be releasing his stuff himself so prospects seem bleak.
Now he could always get a record label via one of those music contest shows?

N.M.E are so typical going to court rather than admit they edited Moz. Here is to hoping this becomes the new 'news of the world' scandal.

"I am very grateful to our new agency, William Morris Endeavor, for their astounding efforts to make this recent tour so enjoyable and triumphant. No management, no label, no promotion … all that we have are fantastic ticket sales. Which means you. And there is no greater thing worth having."

Yes. f*** Morrissey-Solo.com.

P.

Oh wait. Yeah. I get it.
Can you explain it to us? Is he implying that this website is representative of all morrissey fans and therefore Moz was wrong to wear the f*** morrissey-solo.com shirt?

Hundreds, sometimes thousands of people go to his gigs. This site has a dozen or so regular posters. This site isn't representative of morrissey fans, it's just a group of morrissey fans. A group the man himself doesn't like!

As much as I like complaining on how much better this site was a few years back with the "old" gang of regular posters (many of whom have been banned, scared away or just became uninterested), it contributed greatly to the popularity of Morrissey.

And back to the topic: Morrissey won't be the only artist not making a record, yet touring - which is something I hate cause I neither have the means or the time to follow my favourite artists around if I want to hear any new songs by them. Take Andrew Eldritch aka the Sisters of Mercy - his last album came out in 1993, if I remember it correctly. Yet he's constantly on tour.

Anyway, I do hope Morrissey finds himself a proper record company. I like records, and, oldfashioned as I am, I even buy them. :)

The bits in bold. He may not have any official promotion (what were Girlie Action doing?), and yet, warts and all, as Skylarker points out, people do come here for their Moz-related news. You may think there are '14 regular posters', but as the recent tour has borne witness, hundreds come here and post their comments, logged in or not. So whereas there are other places to go to find out about shows and ticket sales, I'd wager that a lot of fans found out about such things here. And so..."no promotion … all that we have are fantastic ticket sales. Which means you. And there is no greater thing worth having" - "f*** Morrissey-Solo.com". Indeed.

P.

"Is this the end or beginning?

how can I understand?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Just sounds like a man on the comedown from an amazing tour.
Certainly doesn't sound any more melodramatic than regular Morrissey to me.

Remember to bring a CD with you so that he can sign it. A Nice Christmas Present!
Cheers Moz

"Wow, it's Morrissey, isn't it? Wow. I'm such a big fan. Wow, fancy bumping into you here. Oh my god. Don't suppose I could ask you to sign this that I happened to have on me?"

smiths.jpg

Dave

"I now no longer expect to live long enough to experience an offer from a grownup label" - is no-one troubled a little by that phrasing? I'm probably just reading too much into it, but it makes me think he's suggesting suicide. Musical suicide? Typical Moz melodrama? I hope it's nothing more sinister than that.

"I now no longer expect to live long enough to experience an offer from a grownup label" - is no-one troubled a little by that phrasing? I'm probably just reading too much into it, but it makes me think he's suggesting suicide. Musical suicide? Typical Moz melodrama? I hope it's nothing more sinister than that.

What th' f*** do you care?

You are reading too much into it, it has nothing to do with suicide. It's all very practical - he just cannot agree with any record companies.

Back
Top Bottom