End of tour statement by Mozzer

I'm sorry but Moz sounds on top form, hilarious and witty and scathing as ever, why you all panicking? He's had an amazing time and cannot thank everyone enough, what do you all want him to do?

I'll always love him, ALWAYS and with regards to Flax's pics of Moz at the gig, he's looking ruddy good!

I'm sorry but Moz sounds on top form, hilarious and witty and scathing as ever, why you all panicking? He's had an amazing time and cannot thank everyone enough, what do you all want him to do?

I'll always love him, ALWAYS and with regards to Flax's pics of Moz at the gig, he's looking ruddy good!

Yeah exactly, between this and the peoples reaction to the recent Morrissey V Solo drama, it's almost like you lot don't know the man at all.

"I now no longer expect to live long enough to experience an offer to record for a grownup label. This topic would not sound quite so banal had I not mentioned it 47 times already. I promise I will not mention it again. The world, I expect, will somehow endure, even as the follow-up to 'Years of refusal' grows less and less likely. End of subject. I promise."

What is he saying? That he is going to stop recording for the foreseeable future? That he is going to go D.I.Y.? What the hell is he talking about?

Ben...thanks for linking this.

Morrissey...I demand to know what is going on.

No worries,..
It's just his personal and familiar complains about not having a record deal.
Between 99/02 his words were very very similar.

Ah, the Shrine... I was pleased. We had a good view. I just wish I had my KISS boots on.

shrine1.jpg

shrine2.jpg

LOL OMG I was totally standing nearby to you!!!! I saw you taking these photos! Can you e-mail them to me? I'll commission even! I want to get some prints for one of my guest houses

...I Had to laugh at this :-
" My admiration for those who refuse to miss a single concert is almost too emotive to voice. Words fail me".

I just wonder how many actual FANS turn up at the theatres, and then simply REFUSE to go in to the show, thereby disappointing Morrissey, (and Band-mates), by their sudden Non-attendance ( at such short notice)...

Morrissey acknowledges that fans will come out and buy tickets for shows despite a lack of management, record contract, publicity, and so forth. Why, it's as if he's discovered a way to sell his music to fans directly, without a middle man!

Then he turns around and bemoans the lack of a record deal, i.e., he's angry that a middle man hasn't come riding in on a white horse to save him.

Someone needs to explain to Morrissey how the Internet works, and how it might be the perfect option for an artist still going strong enough to make some money, but not strong enough to land a big-label record deal. It's baffling that he can't put the two together. He provided the solution to his own dilemma right there in his statement.

why not have a CD with new songs to go with the autobiography (packed inside the cover) - he could easily do version with / version without cd as well @ two different prices.....plus he should definitely consider doing an audiobook deal (with him reading the autobiography)

"I now no longer expect to live long enough to experience an offer from a grownup label" - is no-one troubled a little by that phrasing? I'm probably just reading too much into it, but it makes me think he's suggesting suicide. Musical suicide? Typical Moz melodrama? I hope it's nothing more sinister than that.

:rolleyes:

"I am very grateful to our new agency, William Morris Endeavor, for their astounding efforts to make this recent tour so enjoyable and triumphant. No management, no label, no promotion … all that we have are fantastic ticket sales. Which means you. And there is no greater thing worth having."

Yes. f*** Morrissey-Solo.com.

P.

how distasteful - shamelessly trying to take credit where non is due a usual

didnt he sound similar on interviews past 97/99..?
i also remember this letter he wrote to a fan from 97 "i hung up my quill..."
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/86971-Morrissey-Contact-info?p=966429&viewfull=1#post966429

and..he didnt...

that fan was me!

He'll be back - didn't he mention how he wanted to tour Mexico again....
He will be pre-occupied with the court case for a while and then the autobiography. I am not sure any good can come of the court case to be honest. Like he says the NME will drag up (mis)quote after quote from 1888 and (faded) star witnesses with a grudge and a free afternoon. The NME clearly think they can win otherwise they would just say sorry (i am pretty sure connor is long gone so it would be easy to distance themselves now - who knows maybe they will last minute). Morrissey (as ever) sounds defeated already and somewhat backed into a corner. The most damaging quote is the chinese subspecies blunder but I don't think the NME can rely on that alone. They will be counting on a knife in the back from someone long pushed out of his inner circle (as it where). I am sure there is at least one or two ready in the shadows with some bitter half arsed "truths". Even if he wins he loses, perhaps if he loses he wins, who knows, he'll draw even more parallels to Wilde in defeat. The judges decision is almost irrelevant now, minds are made up on either side. Its a big gamble for both sides, Morrissey will be ready for the grave if he loses and surely the NME could not recover, financially if nothing else. Can any of us say hand on heart that with this level of publicity and this amount of money at stake that someone somewhere couldn't rake up a quote or a testimony that painted you or i in a negative light on almost any subject matter. It is very hard to prove a negative. After all one confirmed, semi-private, half-meant, mis-spoken, quote beats endless solid evidence to the contrary..............I wish him all the best, perhaps it will all end well for once, I do hope so....... certainly with all the good/bad publicity he will get in the coming year record company interest will follow, the question will be, will he be interested by then?

Last edited:
"I now no longer expect to live long enough to experience an offer from a grownup label" - is no-one troubled a little by that phrasing? I'm probably just reading too much into it, but it makes me think he's suggesting suicide. Musical suicide? Typical Moz melodrama? I hope it's nothing more sinister than that.

He just means that he's resigned to the fact that he won't get a serious offer from a well established music label. Such resignation can only be a good thing. He's realised that, like 97% of his peers from the 1980s (Heaton, Cole, Bragg, Gedge etc), he'll need to start putting out low-cost albums on much smaller labels. Either that or come up with a couple of brilliant singles, and get a Noel Gallagher/Coldplay/U2 type deal (but having heard the new stuff from the 2011 tour, that's looking pretty unlikely).

"I now no longer expect to live long enough to experience an offer to record for a grownup label. This topic would not sound quite so banal had I not mentioned it 47 times already. I promise I will not mention it again. The world, I expect, will somehow endure, even as the follow-up to 'Years of refusal' grows less and less likely. End of subject. I promise."

This, to me, reads like a spoiled child, angry at how the game is going and picks up his ball and runs off home.

This, to me, reads like a spoiled child, angry at how the game is going and picks up his ball and runs off home.

....you sound like someone popped your balloon

Based on his demeanor and comments on the tour I think it's unlikely he's literally suicidal. And in general in the statement he sounds very at ease with the way his life is now.

I thought this was why some people loved Morrissey; because he's an eight year-old hermaphrodite trapped in a fifty-two year-old's body.

Don't underestimate the deliciousness of peanut butter crackers paired with a fine pinot noir. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom