'England is mine and it owes me a living' - discuss

Morrissey isn't as literal as you always suspect.

What is England? It's a country. Say it. Phonetically it's a c***-ry and a very old one at that.
Now what is the oldest profession? Prostitution. Why does England owe Morrissey a living? Because is working the same profession that he owns because he is his. He want's himself, the oldest working whore in history.

It's complicated but that's what the song is about. The only reason I bother to write it is to caution you NOT to get it tattooed on your arm.

You are absolutely insane.

haha you are a legend!

Morrissey talks about e v e r y t h i n g in his lyrics!

was it not true that he wrote one ''I don't hate Pakistanis, I just dislike them immensely''

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Because I am about to get it tattooed on my arm! I am interested to hear peoples interpretations of these specifc lyrics.

oh ok then but if you are going to get that tattooed on your body then save space for another tattoo just underneath it in perenthecies like this -

"It's a Smiths song and the lyric is about Morrissey's view of one's working lifestyle and how he never had a job and never wanted one, blah, blah, blah..."

- because you are going to get a lot of morons asking you "Huh why do you think England owes you a living, why do you think you have the right to not work and reap some reward from it?"

I'm not saying this to have a go at you at all I just think there are so many more wonderful Moz lyrics you could have tattooed on you other than this one and a tattoo is for life and so is the scar if you want it removed.

You are absolutely insane.

AND I enable fags in my spare time so we're part of the same club. Lucky you.

Because I am about to get it tattooed on my arm! I am interested to hear peoples interpretations of these specifc lyrics.

*sigh*

If you suspect that the lyric is going to cause you to be placed in uncomfortable positions, (such as underneath someone's boot) just do what everyone else does and have "Moz" or a butterfly or ... a tribal band or a barcode or ... whatever tattooed. Very few people will care about your tattoo. It may make your mother cry, but that's probably the extent of it. ;)

I thought we were talking about lyrics.

I've reconsidered and I'm going to add that of ALL the Morrissey lyrics you could choose this one is, while a great lyric, a very poor choice for a tattoo. It's not going to get a good reception.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom