Morrissey Central "ENNIO MORRICONE" / "MORRICONE & MORRISSEY IN ROMA" (July 6, 2020)

images_hsqmlt.jpg

"Ennio Morricone, the exalted and revered Italian composer, has died aged 91 in Rome. Morricone and his orchestra played on Morrissey's album "Ringleader Of The Tormentors"."

Unknown_copy_22_klt2n6.jpg

"I was aware that Morricone had said no to U2, no to David Bowie, and no to Robbie Williams, so I was thrilled when he said Yes to me. His contributions to my 'Ringleader Of The Tormentors' album are, naturally, completely dismissed by the jargon jugglers, but they burst and thrive in my heart forever. In reflection of the happiest days imaginable, I say the temporary parting of ar'ri've'der'ci to he who gave all to the greatness of Italia."

MORRISSEY
6 July 2020

FWD.

UPDATE July 7:

Link posted by joe frady:

ENNIO MORRICONE…
….CONDUCTS MORRISSEY'S 'DEAR GOD, PLEASE HELP ME' IN ROMA

https://t.co/7JKy5EkYnW

Our thanks to Alice Gahan.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh? Embarrassing that he wasn't familiar with his work?
Idk it's better to be honest about it than to pretend to be big fan, no? I don't think western movies (Italian or otherwise) are Morrissey's cup of tea.
I'm sure he knew some of the other themes though, because you can't really avoid them even if you tried.

Tbh, no, I'd reccomend pretending to be a huge fan. It's nice copy & avoids offence. But, it wouldn't be Mozzian.

Tbh, no, I'd reccomend pretending to be a huge fan. It's nice copy & avoids offence. But, it wouldn't be Mozzian.
Well, it's not "nice copy and avoiding offense" that drew many fans to Morrissey in the first place.

On a sidenote, I never got the outrage when he didn't comment on Bowie's death. He clearly didn't feel like doing so, I never understood why people would have preferred a fake eulogy.

Well, it's not "nice copy and avoiding offense" that drew many fans to Morrissey in the first place.

On a sidenote, I never got the outrage when he didn't comment on Bowie's death. He clearly didn't feel like doing so, I never understood why people would have preferred a fake eulogy.

One of my friends who worked with Bowie said he felt under pressure to keep expressing grief he didn't feel. It was sad, but not unexpected & his work was going to live on.

At the time Steve thought it would be a master stroke to get the Morricone name on board but only use a tiny snippet.
To get the “Wow look at big time Stevie, rubbing shoulders with Ennio Morricone“

Steve thought up the theory that if they scrapped Ennio’s work it would make him look “Worldwide Domination Untouchable A List Big Shot”
Something the likes of U2, Williams, Bowie etc could only dream of.

He was always hatching plans like this to get that number one slot he so craved.

He now lives back on the outskirts of Manchester with his Mum surrounded in controversy. He can be seen some days at the local shops purchasing Ham, cheese and bread in his flat cap and oversized flared trousers.
To put things into perspective there is a Bronze statue of Frank Sidebottom in the village of Timperley (Manchester)
There will NEVER be a statue of Steve anywhere in Manchester even if it was made of plasticine.
Keep dreaming big shot Stevie.

“Steven are you up ? I’ve made you some cheese on toast. It’s your favourite, Kerrygold Dubliner and a nice cup of tea”
LOL :laughing:

🇬🇧 :knife:
Yawn.... what a silly flapdoodle... nothing new to see on here kids same old, same old ....

Morrissey forgot to mention that he was so proud to have Morricone work on his album that he didn't include the material he worked on in the finished product (even though it was brilliant). I can only hope that he rectifies that bewildering decision in the announced re-issue.

Morrissey forgot to mention that he was so proud to have Morricone work on his album that he didn't include the material he worked on in the finished product (even though it was brilliant). I can only hope that he rectifies that bewildering decision in the announced re-issue.

Actually, Morrissey loved what Morricone did for the song so much that he refused to share it with the rest of the world.

self self self

;)

Easily the best example of Morrissey refusing to do what’s expected of him.

Honest to God Johnny was taking part in a secret gig.
I was there along with Skinny, Surface, Barleycorn, 12”, Nuts, Brummie, think little benny as well.
Johnny was really taking the piss out of Pansy Pete that night LOL.

🤒

all the 🥥🥝🍋🍌
were schnoggling at the :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:
sausage PARTEE OF THE SEASON:lbf:

🤒how come Barnaby was not invited?
too much of a downer?:lbf:

As long as you remember that the Police siren on track 4, Youngest Was The Most Loved was none other than Top Motorbike Cop Hero Officer BARONE RAFFAELE that‘s all that matters. :thumb:

VIVA BARONE RAFFAELE, POLIZIA 113, BIKE REG G2458 🇮🇹

🇬🇧:knife:

Just wonder, was there a picture taken of the police coup when the siren was recorded?
Anyway, we are all free to interpret songs and everything happening around the songs in ways that are meaningful to us and to let our own imagination kick in. It makes a good story.

Just wonder, was there a picture taken of the police coup when the siren was recorded?
Anyway, we are all free to interpret songs and everything happening around the songs in ways that are meaningful to us and to let our own imagination kick in. It makes a good story.

I mean... according to Mike Farrell it was indeed an ambulance, as anyone who has ever been to a bigger Italian city can confirm because they're basically all you hear at night.
Screenshot_20200708-235922_Chrome.jpg

As you know I have reopened the case/files on the allegations Mr Morrissey made against P O Barone Raffaele of the Polizia 113 which allegedly took place on the evening of July 4th 2017 @ around 7:45pm local time.

I can confirm tonight that the appeal for new information has been very positive. Some of which is very interesting and links up with information already known.
I can also confirm that by the powers of social media I have actually made contact with a HUGE player in the alleged events, however its early days and there is more work to be done in this line of the enquiry.

I would now like to urgently appeal to a member of the public who contacted me earlier today from Rome.
“Bella” First of all thank you for taking the time and reaching out. Bella I give you my word on my children’s lives that I WILL PROTECT YOU AND YOUR FAMILY in this investigation.
Bella, we will never contact you personally by phone/txt/email/snail mail/ social media for information regarding this investigation.
Bella, on behalf of Barone and his family. Please get back in touch with me. It’s safe and secure just use the brand of cheese we set up as the password.

#Barone Raffael’s life matters 🇮🇹
Who will protect us from the narcissist Mr Steve Morrissey?

🤒

how did the :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: secret sausage PARTEE finally end? Darwinism rooted you all out?:lbf::lbf:

The version in his autobiography 👇 (surely the comedy is obvious? The contrast between what we expect & what we experience????)

20200709_143141.jpg

Also I forgot he only ended up staying in Rome because he fell in love with a man he met in Dublin airport.

Planning is not a thing that exists in the Morrissey universe.

The version in his autobiography 👇 (surely the comedy is obvious? The contrast between what we expect & what we experience????)

View attachment 57550

Also I forgot he only ended up staying in Rome because he fell in love with a man he met in Dublin airport.

That'd be Gelato?

And of course he would deny that in most interviews at the time which led to some amusing dialogue, like this one from an interview by Paul Morley, Uncut 2006:

"Q: Listening to the new record, it’s one of the first things the listener will think – he’s in love, and it’s not nosiness to some kind of wider framework. So, in a situation like this, you being there, and me being here, together in this lovely room overlooking Hyde Park on the notable occasion of your new record, it seems right and fitting to ask: are you in love?
M: I’m in love with something. I often am.
Q: Not someone.
M: Not a human being, no. And on these new songs, I’m in love with something. So, keep stabbing away.
Q: You’ve moved to Rome?
M: I travel so much that I actually live nowhere. I live in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. I left Los Angeles last year after seven years. I became an Italianophile, yes.
Q: You moved to Rome to be with someone.
M: Something.
Q: Because of someone.
Q: Someone?
Q: One.
M: Thing.
Q: You met someone and you moved to Rome to be with them.
M: That’s the tabloid journalist in you, as if there is no story worth discussing unless there is a greasy little tabloid element to it.
Q: So you haven’t.
M: I haven’t. (sigh) I can’t say anything other than I haven’t if I haven’t. Don’t put the innocent face on me. Does it really matter in the end one way or another, whether I have, haven’t, have never, have soon?"

"Italionophile" is a nice neologism.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom