Morrissey Central "EUROVISION ACCIDENTALLY BUMPS INTO HIGH ART: VIVA UKRAINE !" (May 25, 2021)

I must admit, I have a really big soft spot for "Power to all my friends" by Sir Cliff Richard. Come on, let's talk about the big ESC tunes. Larger than life, nothing less.

Sandie was so pretty and special. No wonder Morrissey turned to her.

Love 💘

Last edited:
Ding-a dong is smooth. Don't destroy the memory @Ketamine Sun
What surprised me a lot, was the fact, that Sandie Shaw is also physically a tall woman.

Ding-a dong is smooth. Don't destroy the memory @Ketamine Sun
What also surprised me a lot was the fact that Sandie Shaw is also physically a tall woman.

No, I’m kidding really, kinda. I understand. There’s plenty of songs that I dont like and do like simply because they’re burnt into my brain from having over heard them repeatedly on the radio as a child.

Let's get even more physical and celebrate the belgian Kraftwerk 1980:

Don't start me talking about ESC or I'll tell everything I've heard.

Let's get even more physical and celebrate the belgian Kraftwerk 1980:

Don't start me talking about ESC or I'll tell everything I've heard.

Watching this makes me wish that Klaus Nomi should have been on Eurovision.

Ding -a dong though?

Even puppet on a string is better than that.

Eh, Puppet certainly wasn't her finest hour either but to each their own. I just think she's got this incredible presence...

Last edited:
Any other Grand Prix or ESC names from a time, when England was rated like other countries,? Last orders please.

My big sisters used to sing this when I was very little. One of the true all-time great Eurovision winners....

Presence in her voice I especially would say.

Well, yes, and clearly an influence on Morrissey's (early) singing style, I'd add.

But, in addition to her vigorous voice, she also has amazing charisma, I think.

And this, I feel, is the best UK entry never to win Eurovision. It finished 2nd behind France in 1977. Years later, Lyndsey De Paul wrote a book on self-defence for women....

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom