Morrissey Central "EUROVISION ACCIDENTALLY BUMPS INTO HIGH ART: VIVA UKRAINE !" (May 25, 2021)

I must admit, I have a really big soft spot for "Power to all my friends" by Sir Cliff Richard. Come on, let's talk about the big ESC tunes. Larger than life, nothing less.

Ding-a dong is smooth. Don't destroy the memory @Ketamine Sun
What also surprised me a lot was the fact that Sandie Shaw is also physically a tall woman.

No, I’m kidding really, kinda. I understand. There’s plenty of songs that I dont like and do like simply because they’re burnt into my brain from having over heard them repeatedly on the radio as a child.

Let's get even more physical and celebrate the belgian Kraftwerk 1980:

Don't start me talking about ESC or I'll tell everything I've heard.

Let's get even more physical and celebrate the belgian Kraftwerk 1980:

Don't start me talking about ESC or I'll tell everything I've heard.

Watching this makes me wish that Klaus Nomi should have been on Eurovision.

Ding -a dong though?

Even puppet on a string is better than that.

Eh, Puppet certainly wasn't her finest hour either but to each their own. I just think she's got this incredible presence...

Last edited:
Any other Grand Prix or ESC names from a time, when England was rated like other countries,? Last orders please.

My big sisters used to sing this when I was very little. One of the true all-time great Eurovision winners....

Presence in her voice I especially would say.

Well, yes, and clearly an influence on Morrissey's (early) singing style, I'd add.

But, in addition to her vigorous voice, she also has amazing charisma, I think.

And this, I feel, is the best UK entry never to win Eurovision. It finished 2nd behind France in 1977. Years later, Lyndsey De Paul wrote a book on self-defence for women....

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom