'f*** morrissey-solo.com' t-shirt worn by Morrissey and band in Bradford

Update (June 29, 7:50 AM PT):
Media coverage:

Morrissey wages war on own fansite - The Guardian, link from Uncleskinny
Morrissey vs. His Fans - ClashMusic
Morrissey - Morrissey's F-Word Blast At Fan Website - ContactMusic
Morrissey Hates His Fans, The Music Industry, The Smiths, The Internet And YOU. Probably. - Hecklerspray

They came out in 'f*** Morrissey solo.com' for the encore of This Charming Man.

ironically he was holding a copy of Manchester Music Tour by .......JJ

Image from Facebook posted by modrevolve:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
actually, my last comment posted when I thought it didn't... the one where i say 'profit from this.."

Well, we all have our quirks...& Morrissey seems to like ugly T-shirts! ;-)

Seriously though, it doesn't change how I think & feel about Morrissey, but I find this sad news.
There are indeed many hateful comments posted on this site, but that's not all that makes morrissey-solo!
People give their time & energy to find information about Morrissey which they then post here & make available to other fans.
Other people come here to post countless times how much Morrissey means to them or to defend him when he's perceivedly attacked.
Then there are the ones who help their fellow fans with information about venues, cities, etc. during tours. Or the ones who generously share their photos or videos.
Other people participate by translating interviews or by sharing their memories of the days of The Smiths with those who missed that great era.
Several fans type concert reviews as soon as they get home, to share their experience & keep the not as fortunate fans connected. & as others have pointed out, concert dates are posted on this site long before the tickets are being sold.

All that & much more is morrissey-solo! :thumb:

Thanks to David who created this site & spents uncounted hours to keep it up & running & the people who help him with that.

I'm astonished that so many people seem to want such a T-shirt. Aren't they aware that the moment they have posted a comment they have become part of this site & the "f..." goes out to them, too? In fact, they have just posted a comment that fits in with the other ones that poison the athmosphere on this site.

P.S. Goinghome, thanks for the laughs! I love Stephen Leacock - it's so easy to relate to him! :)

Never previously been upset by anything Morrissey has said but i think he has made a big mistake, this is where the fans come, so what is he really saying, F*** the fans ?

Don't take this thing too seriously - as Moz doesn't. It seems it is his sense of humour....

he's right,

most people here are a bunch of angry kids sitting in their mother's basement

Yeah, f*** So-Low indeed: it needed to be said.

The notion expressed by some in this thread that Moz owes everything to So-Low, that So-Low carried him through the supposed "lean years" is stupid and vainglorious beyond belief. Like all artists, he managed just fine before the internet existed, and he would undoubtedly survive if So-Low ceased to continue (and if I were David T, I would be hanging my head in my shame right now).

When members criticise the site for being full of vitriol, personal vendettas and self-promoting idiots, there's always a huge cry of "freedom of speech"...yet when Moz wears a T-shirt attacking this increasingly moronic site, nobody makes a claim for HIS right to freedom of speech, I see.

And my guess (for none of us KNOW) is that it's not the new material or the attacks on the band or anything specific. It's the cumulative effect off this cesspit of increasingly ignorant, mean-spirited hypocrisy to which his name is attached. I would be ashamed, appalled and angry if it were my name attached to this site.

"It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate" and I think the gutless wonders here have had their time. So-Low has had it's day, but Moz will live on while David T and his sycophantic acolytes are all dead and forgotten.

F him!!! I've been a fan for 25 years and this is the shit that really burns me.
He should thank his lucky stars for THIS SITE. THIS SITE provides his Majesty some shred of publicity and connection to his fans. It was a slap in the face shit head!!!

Haha yeah right - he should be thankful for all the increasingly vicious attacks on him, his music, his band, all the contstant urging to retire, to "get off the stage"...??? This site serves no purpose. It does NOT promote Morrissey, it just gives some of his more mentally ill devotees somewhere to congregate and let off steam.

Yeah, it's true, Morrissey says 'f*** the fans' and hates all the fans...hmm, that's why he goes on world tours for us, plays very small venues such as Hawick as well as big city venues so that many people can see him. It's why he shakes hands with adoring fans, he must hate us if he said "God bless you" at Grimsby. I mean, it's pretty obvious he thinks 'f*** the fans' when he accepts gifts that are passed to him. God, I mean he dedicated most of his life to making music and touring to be with the fans, yeah...he must really be thinking f*** the fans! (Obviously for the slow, idiot crowd that seem to hound Solo I am being sarcastic)

These whole negative comments are exactly why he wore the shirt! Because of the shit many (not all, but many) people on Solo give him. Most of Solo isn't even about Morrissey now - it's just people hating each other. Let me get this straight, you guys are really this pissed off about a t-shirt!?*

Morrissey evidently loves his true fans, what he hates are those people on here who give him shit as though they are in any position to judge him and treat him like their personal property. Fickle arseholes, if he appears at Hop Farm wearing a shirt that says "I love my fans" you'll all run back to him! Get a f***ing life people!!

The best thing I did was leave Solo.*

Yours, an ex-Solo

When members criticise the site for being full of vitriol, personal vendettas and self-promoting idiots, there's always a huge cry of "freedom of speech"...yet when Moz wears a T-shirt attacking this increasingly moronic site, nobody makes a claim for HIS right to freedom of speech, I see.

I think you've misunderstood the nature of the discussion.

Yeah, it's true, Morrissey says 'f*** the fans' and hates all the fans...hmm, that's why he goes on world tours for us

Morrissey is like my landlord really: he owns a house and lets me live in it. It's really kind of him. I love him. He, too, does it all "for me".

Aw, Mozzer. He would hate his fans, wouldn't he? I wouldn't belong to any club that would have me, kind of thing. Nice. I think it's funny, anyway, but then I don't make a point of popping by here often enough to have set up an account. Come on people, it's Morrissey--you can't expect him to suddenly turn all fuzzy & logical. You wouldn't love him half as much if he didn't randomly pull shite like this every once in a while.

Morrissey evidently loves his true fans, what he hates are those people on here who give him shit as though they are in any position to judge him and treat him like their personal property.

People's criticisms of him on here aren't really "fickle", though, are they? As far as I can see, people are simply expressing their opinions about his music & lyrics which - to be charitable - aren't what they used to be. The criticisms are, for the most part, based on the poor music, but also a result of his inane comments about certain political issues (e.g. immigration, Northern Ireland, Chinese people). They don't like his/their reliance on songs that he wrote in 1986 to draw an audience to his gigs in 2011. And they've grown annoyed at him for whoring himself to the record industry and his hypocrisy on that subject (funny how he no longer does a cover version of 'Paint A Vulgar Picture' when he's of a mind to trot out 'the classics').

All of these are fair points and people are absolutely entitled, both, to judge him and to express their judgement. Personally, I'm glad that DavidT provides a platform where we can do that.

I thought Morrissey didnt peruse the internet? This is funny that he would pick apart a website because some fans who go to it, are disappointed in his new material. This is stunning to me. But I should not be surprised coming from a man who forbids people of a different political point of view from listening to his music. Talk about a Nazi!

Yeah, it's true, Morrissey says 'f*** the fans' and hates all the fans...hmm, that's why he goes on world tours for us, plays very small venues such as Hawick as well as big city venues so that many people can see him. It's why he shakes hands with adoring fans, he must hate us if he said "God bless you" at Grimsby. I mean, it's pretty obvious he thinks 'f*** the fans' when he accepts gifts that are passed to him. God, I mean he dedicated most of his life to making music and touring to be with the fans, yeah...he must really be thinking f*** the fans! (Obviously for the slow, idiot crowd that seem to hound Solo I am being sarcastic)

These whole negative comments are exactly why he wore the shirt! Because of the shit many (not all, but many) people on Solo give him. Most of Solo isn't even about Morrissey now - it's just people hating each other. Let me get this straight, you guys are really this pissed off about a t-shirt!?*

Morrissey evidently loves his true fans, what he hates are those people on here who give him shit as though they are in any position to judge him and treat him like their personal property. Fickle arseholes, if he appears at Hop Farm wearing a shirt that says "I love my fans" you'll all run back to him! Get a f***ing life people!!

The best thing I did was leave Solo.*

Yours, an ex-Solo

Steven is all about filling his bank account and nothing else. He could give a shit about you or me or the shitty band the plays for him.

Steven is all about filling his bank account and nothing else. He could give a shit about you or me or the shitty band the plays for him.

With this comment, you've just proven exactly why Morrissey wore the tshirt.

I thought he had more class than this. As for Joyce's comments...he's right....Death Cab for Cutie does a better job of This Charming Man....and I believe Moz stole the arrangement from them. Some Smiths songs come out great with the "band", but not TCM. Anyways...time to go club a seal in my native Canada.....at least I know He won't bother me here.

With this comment, you've just proven exactly why Morrissey wore the tshirt.

Morrissey discourages people from reading the content of this site simply because he doesn't want to be criticised and because he doesn't want other people to hear/see those criticisms of him that are made here. He's a coward.

Identities as a fan and as a website user are being confused. --L.A. fan--, ex-solo and others grope sagely for the complexities of the twirl on the Grimsby catwalk. It isn't the first time people have fallen out because of contrasting agendas, standards etc. It would have been less of a problem if it had been a simple mis-translation, such as...(enjoy, cashews!) :

- An English lady, while visiting Switzerland, was looking for a room for a more extended stay, and she asked the schoolmaster if he could recommend any to her. He took her to see several rooms, and when everything was settled, the lady returned to her home to make the final preparations to move.

When she arrived home, the thought suddenly occurred to her that she had not seen a "W.C." around the place. So she immediately wrote a note to the schoolmaster asking him if there were a "W.C." near the room.

The schoolmaster was a very poor student of English, so he asked the parish priest if he could help in the matter. Together they tried to discover the meaning of the letters "W.C.," and the only solution they could come up with for the letters was for a Wayside Chapel. The schoolmaster then wrote the following note to the English lady:

Dear Madam:

I take great pleasure in informing you that the W.C. is situated nine miles from the room that you will occupy, in the center of a beautiful grove of pine trees surrounded by lovely grounds. It is capable of holding about 229 people and it is only open on Sunday and Thursday.

As there are a great number of people who are expected during the summer months, I would suggest that you come early; although, as a rule, there is plenty of standing room. You will no doubt be glad to hear that a good number of people bring their lunch and make a day of it. While others who can afford to go by car arrive just in time.

I would especially recommend that your ladyship go on Thursday when there is a musical accompaniment. It may interest you to know that my daughter was married in the W.C. and it was there that she met her husband.

I can remember the rush there was for seats. There were ten people to a seat ordinarily occupied by one. It was wonderful to see the expression on their faces. The newest attraction is a bell donated by a wealthy resident of the district. It rings every time a person enters.

A bazaar is to be held to provide plush seats for all the people, since they feel it is a long felt need. My wife is rather delicate, so she can't attend regularly. I shall be delighted to reserve the best seat for you, if you wish, where you will be seen by everyone.

For the children, there is a special time and place so they will not disturb the elders.

Hoping to have been of service to you, I remain,

Sincerely,

The Schoolmaster. - http://wordinfo.info/unit/3956?letter=T&spage=6

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom