Favorite Things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Favorite Things...

Off the top of my head, in no particular order...

My son and mother.
My cat.
My very comfortable bed.
My friends.
The Internet.
My tablet.
My cell phone.
Candy.
Seltzer.
Solo.
My car.
Slate podcasts.
Making love.
R.E.M. in the car.
Great movies.
Boating.
The ocean.
Laughing.
A great book.
Being buzzed.
Interesting people.
Dancing.

Last edited:

OK, I'll have a go too -

My daughter
my girlfriend
Chelsea
Morrissey
Booze
Eden Hazard
Robyn Hitchcock
Sherlock
Breaking Bad
Coffee
Being on my own
Obsessing over something new that I love
Danny Baker
Richard Herring
Brian Wilson
Alan Partridge

-Bold dentistry. My new dentist is timid & slow. It's almost like he's afraid to handle the instruments, and has little confidence in his skills. I don't understand, he's Creighton accredited. One would expect confidence and efficiency. Instead he repeatedly says, "JUST let me know if it hurts, I can give you some more of this. ( referring to the shots)" I don't like going to the dentist and just want to get it over with, ASAP. He's a nice enough man, but he advertises timidity as brightly as a cheap neon sign, in a sleazy red light district. It gives me a headache. I like bold dentistry. Timely dentistry. It's one of my favorite things.

Last edited by a moderator:

-Bold dentistry. My new dentist is timid & slow. It's almost like he's afraid to handle the instruments, and has little confidence in his skills. I don't understand, he's Creighton accredited. One would expect confidence and efficiency. Instead he repeatedly says, "JUST let me know if it hurts, I can give you some more of this. ( referring to the shots)" I don't like going to the dentist and just want to get it over with, ASAP. He's a nice enough man, but he advertises timidity as brightly as a cheap neon sign, in a sleazy red light district. It gives me a headache. I like bold dentistry. Timely dentistry. It's one of my favorite things.

Great choice. My dentist tells me what needs doing and invites me back in two weeks to do it, not caring just how long it takes me to steel myself to go in the first place. Just bloody do it!

My current favourite thing in my brand new, delivered twenty minutes ago, Yellow Submarine cookie jar...

f1iRBCo.jpg

Currently:

A nice bottle of red, pretty much any varietal
Louie
Warren Oates
Thelonious Monk
Oysters
Jean Epstein
My house
Film posters
Raisinets
Broad City

Those incredibly rare moments where you just feel intense happiness and excitement about something out of nowhere. IT'S LIKE RAILING LIFE ITSELF AND JUST GETTING SUCH A f***ING RUSH OF GOOD VIBES AND POSITIVE ENERGY... f***!!!

But it's one of those things that happens only a handful of times a year, and it only lasts a few minutes. :tears:

Great choice. My dentist tells me what needs doing and invites me back in two weeks to do it, not caring just how long it takes me to steel myself to go in the first place. Just bloody do it!

My current favourite thing in my brand new, delivered twenty minutes ago, Yellow Submarine cookie jar...

f1iRBCo.jpg

Me too, I can't stand when they don't just get it over with. My previous dentist actually did this to me quite often as well. He'd tell me I need to come back in two or three weeks and then he'd talk sports with me for ten, twelve, sometimes fifteen minutes. Plus I lived 60 miles away from his office! The reason I kept going to him was because he was my StepMom's brother. Well, plus he's a great guy and a good dentist. However, he's retired now, and that's why I found this new dentist. At least he's in town and I'm saving on gas money.

Awesome cookie jar!

!Viva Hate!
burritos
french fries
Disney World
Harry Potter
Hunger Games
Game of Thrones
Dirty Shirley's
Mads Mikkelsen
lucky cats
owls
every single Skarsgård
smørrebrød
domesticated birds
gore
Tesla
Japan
Boba tea
coffee
Persian food

That's all I can think of for now....

people can be things too, right?

my family
my country
history
new places
smiling/laughing children
punctuality(a rarity here in China)
books
being smarter than most people
tv
being clean and sober
films
saving money
music
computers
sports, especially:
my UCLA Bruins, L.A Dodgers, Lakers & Kings

food and drink, especially:
potatoes, pizza, phở, tomatoes, tofu, sushi, Mexican food, rice, má là (Sichuan “hot pot”), cheese, glass noodles, mushrooms, garlic, chocolate, nuts, ice cream, berries, eggs, coffee, rabbit in bean sauce with Sichuan pepper, salt, real American made Pepsi, Earl Grey Tea, avocados(jonesing for them bad, had not had one in over a year!), udon noodles(yes, I know I already have other noodles on here, but these are totally different, you eat them cold for one) & caesar salads

oh, and a certain person I no longer know...

Last edited:

f1iRBCo.jpg

I never understood why they do that, I can only assume to earn an extra fee. I hate the dentist already.

Leaving aside the obvious like my wife and kids...

I like

Coincidences
Sunny days
Dogs
My records
Rays - the fish type
Games night at me mates
Italy
Greek Islands
Wes Anderson
Playing me guitar/drums

Status