favourite tour

vivabob

Ordinary Boy
so what is everyones favourite tour , i have done all the uk morrissey ones (not every date) but enough to get a feel of what has been good or great

for me it has to be the boxers tour in 95 , i thought it was an amazing tour and the performances for me were spot on , i was also yong enough to get on the stage

i also enjoyed kill uncle but looking back i think that was the joy of seeing morrissey for the first time

the first dates on the YATQ tour , the small venue ones were also great

i think morrissey is so much better suited to smaller venues rather than the huge aircraft hangers venues like the secc, wembley and earls court . altough he did play well in the larger manchester venues , mind you i think thats just because its manchester

Due to misfortunes I was unable to see any gigs between 1992-1997. :(
Huge relief to see a gig 10th Decenber 1997 Battersea Power Station.
Since then luckily managed to not miss tours in UK.

My favourite is November 2002 at Brixton Academy because it's my birthday. :)

Of those I've seen I guess it can only be the MMVI tour since I missed him back in '04 (it was a festival gig so it don't matter that much).

Of the years I've seen Moz....a few times in 1997, 1998, 2000, 2004 and 2007....my favorite tour by far was the most recent 'Greatest Hits' tour. :D Great songs, great shows, great band, great voice...great times! :)

I saw him on Oye Esteban Y2K, Pre-Quarry, Quarry, and Greatest Hits...and, surprise, they're tied as favorite.

Best shows:

Red Bank, NJ in Feb 2000. My first Moz show at the tender age of 17, got on-stage, handshakes, the setlist was brilliant. When he sang "...every jammy Jersey poet" in "Now My Heart Is Full", well, mine really was. There was some wonderful absurd comedy involving a roll of toilet paper he tossed into the crowd...and then asked to have back because he might need it later. I'm pleased that when I first saw him is around the time he started being totally hilarious on stage.

Final night of pre-Quarry Apollo Theater shows. First time I ever heard "Let Me Kiss You", live debut of "Rubber Ring", shocked & awed by "Headmaster Ritual" and "There Is A Light".

First night of Hammerstein on Greatest Hits. Y'all have heard the bootleg, enough said. From "Climb upon my knee New York City!" to getting a big piece of shirt during "HSIN?" an utterly ecstatic experience. "Why Don't You Find Out" followed directly by "Stretch Out & Wait" nearly killed me! The falsetto in "Last Night I Dreamt" may be my #1 moz moment ever, even better than meeting him at the Virgin signing in 2000.

Last edited:
Oye Esteban - if simply for the excellent set lists during that tour. Hearing songs like "Now My Heart Is Full," "Hairdresser On Fire," and "Break Up The Family" was wonderful - and I had such a great gang to hang out with at those shows too: Xtine, Jo Solders, Mel. Great times, great shows.

As far as looks are concerned, I'd have to go back to The Queen Is Dead tour - the first time I saw Mozzer live. Oh, the way he used to dance back in those days - all hip-swinging fey gorgeousness! Weren't you there? You'd have DIED!

His 1991 Kill Uncle and/or the 3rd leg of his 1997 Greatest Hits. Nothing compares to the first time I saw him *twas magical* but I loved the new stuff, B sides and Smiths songs his last couple go'rounds.

Probably comeback tour of 2002. Really liked those Viva rich setlists.

Saw Morrissey in 91, 97 and 07.

The 07 tour was nice as there was a wide array of career material and I finally was able to see some Smiths songs live.

Back
Top Bottom