Fiona Dodwell: "10 Underrated Morrissey Tracks You Need To Hear Today" (November 3, 2020)

10 Underrated Morrissey Tracks You Need To Hear Today

"It’s hard to believe that the man who carved out his niche as the patron saint of the outcast in the 80's is now in his fourth decade of music-making. There’s a lot of internet mythology and needless controversy surrounding Morrissey, but despite this, few would dare to contend the fact that the British music icon has penned more than his fair share of classics.

Whether it’s the garage rock grittiness of his 2009 release Years of Refusal, or the sweeping strings and classical sounding sobriety of Ringleaders of the Tormentors, Morrissey has nailed it again and again both as a lyricist and a vocalist."

Update:
November 4, 2020 - now linked to by Central and using another 'shopped image by Victor Esparza.
0_b65xz8.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Oh come on , the girl from .... not his best but not his worst either.....
I really like the vocal melody on that one.
And the whole tango thing. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I really like the vocal melody on that one.
And the whole tango thing. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I like the words, having three daughters, I’ve educated them all not to be a submissive for any man .. my fave from that album is them all except mountjoy.... hovis will kick my arse for saying that🤫🤫🤫

I like the words, having three daughters, I’ve educated them all not to be a submissive for any man .. my fave from that album is them all except mountjoy.... hovis will kick my arse for saying that🤫🤫🤫
I think Mountjoy is a great lyric, probably one of his best of more recent years, but the song itself can't quite keep up with that. It's more like a poem.

The Girl From Tel-Aviv is on Low In High School though.

I think Mountjoy is a great lyric, probably one of his best of more recent years, but the song itself can't quite keep up with that. It's more like a poem.

The Girl From Tel-Aviv is on Low In High School though.
😜😜 sorry .... I can remember moz singing montjoy at Hull ice rink..... totally knackered the gig .... ‘‘twas to do with Irish prisoners if I recall ?

Ok then ... since ne 4uker has asked here is my top ten moz SINGLES...
1. Everyday is like Sunday
2. Playboys.
3.its over
4. I have killed benny.
5. First of the gang
6. The more you ignore gordy 9
7. Alma does not matter😂
8. Satan accepted bennys foul soul
9. My ex wife is squeezing my skull
10. November spawned another lockdown.....
top ten smiths at some point, rather busy with the Croatian election.444
555. 🥃🥃

Very odd choices...I can think of 100 easily, but the ones that come to mind immediately are the other songs next to Art Hounds: Julie In The Weeds, One Of Our Own, Forgive Someone and Drag the River are some of my favorite songs of Morrissey's entire career.

Top ten Smiths singles...
1. Panic.... as I’m mentioned
2. What difference did I make
3. Sheila take a bow
4. William
5. Last night I dreamt that benny is better.... 🤥
6. Bennys out of the coma,
7. There is a virus that never goes away...
8. Some trolls are shitter than others ?
9. How soon is Amy the cow
10. This charming dumbrian 🤡

Very odd choices...I can think of 100 easily, but the ones that come to mind immediately are the other songs next to Art Hounds: Julie In The Weeds, One Of Our Own, Forgive Someone and Drag the River are some of my favorite songs of Morrissey's entire career.
My top ten singles skully... you’ve just listed the deluxe of world peace, alas the best side.... as stated 🤗 as I said earlier art hounds !!!! Why was that not a single ?? Have you the time to list your top ten smiths SINGLES?????

I’m currently listening to my love I’d do anything...... very apt

Hovis I know your watching the U.S. and A election. And saying nowt...
come on Biden , it’s not looking good though????

Has Trump won then? Bookies seem to think so

Arthounds was a rollercoaster of a song when Morrissey unleashed it at the Brixton Academy and I don't think he's played it live since? Crazy night after the gig getting locked in at the aftershow across the road as the loonies rioted in the streets outside and indeed across the whole of London!
On Tour of Refusal, I'm Ok By Myself was also great live, pretty powerful.
A nod to World Peace Is None of Your Business, a great and underrated track, superb vocals.

Oh come on , the girl from .... not his best but not his worst either.....
It's not and it's quite catchy when singing along but for me the title is too clunky...The Girl From Tel- Aviv would have been good enough.

The choice of underrated Morrissey tracks is indeed, endless!

Serious question- who is this woman, and why should anyone put any store in her judgement?

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom