Fiona Dodwell: "The poet without a home: Morrissey has been let down by the music industry" (May 31, 2021)

The poet without a home: Morrissey has been let down by the music industry

It seems inconceivable to his fans that Morrissey still has yet to find a label to work with on his upcoming record, Bonfire of Teenagers.

Now linked to by Central (June 1, 2021)

Regards,
FWD.

How many times has Dodwell written this article now?

For an artist like Morrissey, it seems inconceivable to his fans that despite a four-decades-long career, with an endless string of classic hits and successions of successful Top 10 albums, he still has yet to find a label to work with on his upcoming record, Bonfire of Teenagers.

It is very conceivable for any fan who isn't a brain-dead arse-licking sycophant. I thought 'Dog on a Chain' was pretty great, but sales have been going downwards with each release. He hasn't had a Top 20 single in over a decade. Rightly or wrongly, his name has become so toxic and smeared with right-wing associations that any label that signs him will face bad publicity. Plus historically he has fallen out with pretty much every label he's worked with, and bears all the hallmarks of being 'difficult'. This is someone who isn't going to do any publicity or interviews for you, but most likely will fax you ten times a week asking why there aren't more billboards up, and why isn't the album #1 in Croatia?

I can see labels willing to put up with that if they think he brings the money in, but these days - why take the risk?

:)

very good journalism, a welcome change from the usual troll pap and cak:hammer:

How many times has Dodwell written this article now?

It is very conceivable for any fan who isn't a brain-dead arse-licking sycophant. I thought 'Dog on a Chain' was pretty great, but sales have been going downwards with each release. He hasn't had a Top 20 single in over a decade. Rightly or wrongly, his name has become so toxic and smeared with right-wing associations that any label that signs him will face bad publicity. Plus historically he has fallen out with pretty much every label he's worked with, and bears all the hallmarks of being 'difficult'. This is someone who isn't going to do any publicity or interviews for you, but most likely will fax you ten times a week asking why there aren't more billboards up, and why isn't the album #1 in Croatia?

I can see labels willing to put up with that if they think he brings the money in, but these days - why take the risk?
Sad - but true.

I don't mind her writings at all; she's a fan. End of.
And there's certainly nothing "grotesque!" in what she writes.
At least she's positive re; Moz, so she's OK by me.

Fiona.
Call is a day, love. You’re beyond embarrassing
You smack of “what about m?” with your ramblings. All the same agenda. Next you’ll be telling us such and such an album/song is underrated
Oh, hang on :rolleyes:

I don't mind her writings at all; she's a fan. End of.
And there's certainly nothing "grotesque!" in what she writes.
At least she's positive re; Moz, so she's OK by me.
Grotesque in the monosyllabicity of the presentation of facts. The stigmatised Messiah, in the prime of his creativity, who only speaks his mind and is misrepresented by EVERYONE (except those who think everything he says is good). Who needs such journalism? Who? A 90s fanzine was more objective than that.

Grotesque in the monosyllabicity of the presentation of facts. The stigmatised Messiah, in the prime of his creativity, who only speaks his mind and is misrepresented by EVERYONE (except those who think everything he says is good). Who needs such journalism? Who? A 90s fanzine was more objective than that.
Christ P&O, did Radish lend you his dictionary??
I've also noticed your continual (over) use of "anachronistic" of late.
So maybe I'm correct in my thinking...

There's another article on a music website.......................

The only person who has let him down is himself. Who said all those things he said? Someone else? Why oh why oh why doesn't his product sell any more? Could it possibly be that the buying public are voting with their wallets? I do believe they are. And no amount of sixth-form hogwash is going to change that.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom