for those who don't know

Oh, wow! Thanks for that. I had no idea this this existed. In case anyone else was as confused as I was when I first clicked on the above link:

Johnny Panic - Whyte played guitar in the band Johnny Panic (not to be confused with Johnny Panic) who released one single "When I Drink I Love You More" in 1998 then disbanded. Whyte took over singing duties and released an album with the band in 2006 titled Not Bitter But Bored, which contained three songs that went on to become Morrissey songs: "Irish Blood, English Heart", "First Of The Gang To Die" and "Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alain_Whyte

I thought it was a decent song, actually. Of course it went on to become one of the classic tunes of the decade once the Morrissey touch was applied.

Oddly enough, there's a cool little guitar solo on this version. What prompted Morrissey to remove it is beyond me :confused:

I think a guitar solo would have destroyed the momentum as the song builds to it's crescendo. Morrissey did the right thing.

Just goes to prove the power of a Morrissey melody line, I've always felt. In this form I wouldn't listen to the track twice.

Back
Top Bottom