[Frustrated] Wolverhampton 1988 Morrissey remaster attempt

OtherWisdom

I had wind in my sails for this 'remaster' (coupling the soundboard audio to the tiktak video) and have become increasingly frustrated. The blame rests solely on me since I am only an amateur hobbyist.

These two sources (i.e. 1. soundboard audio, 2. tiktak video) have different time signatures. Thus, trying to find a way to 'rematch' them is the goal. I was using a method, within Davinci Resolve, called 'retime controls' in order to marry the two sources. However, the 'final product' turned out to be unacceptable to my eyes.

Take a look at the example clip and pay close attention to around the 1 minute mark and moving forward from there. You should see what appears to be a 'fast forwarding' phenomenon in the video.

example clip

In my opinion, this is not the desired product that I wish for us fans.

And thus, I am stuck in a position of frustration as to how to move forward.

P.S. - @DavidA Anyone you know who could shed light?

I can see what you're talking about in the example clip. That would be frustrating. I'm hopeful you can find a resolution. Your time and effort are appreciated.

I had wind in my sails for this 'remaster' (coupling the soundboard audio to the tiktak video) and have become increasingly frustrated. The blame rests solely on me since I am only an amateur hobbyist.

These two sources (i.e. 1. soundboard audio, 2. tiktak video) have different time signatures. Thus, trying to find a way to 'rematch' them is the goal. I was using a method, within Davinci Resolve, called 'retime controls' in order to marry the two sources. However, the 'final product' turned out to be unacceptable to my eyes.

Take a look at the example clip and pay close attention to around the 1 minute mark and moving forward from there. You should see what appears to be a 'fast forwarding' phenomenon in the video.

example clip

i too see it. it is like it is *almost* there but that nagging, "right. it's not."

i am well out of date on my "offical" knowledge on the logistics of this type of project/its specific difficulties but i occasionally dabble and think i have run into something simmilar, though likely not as difficult.

if you'd like a (likely) virtual-stranger to suggest the obvious / first things you've tried and, may lack some of the potentially needed esoteric vocabulary: I could be that, or a soundingboard. i am going to re-read the original post to refamiliarise. since i'm not inclined to bore everyone on here with me being an a/v nerd if solo still has private messaging send me a message, if not we'll figure it out.

overall i think the clip you put up is really quite good, 98% there which may be good enough. It's an A. Your hard work really shows.

example clip

I have another audio source via Dream Remaster ("Crashed Down On The Crossbar") of WCH if it would help?
Regards,
FWD.

I have another audio source via Dream Remaster ("Crashed Down On The Crossbar") of WCH if it would help?
Regards,
FWD.
Thanks for the offer. However, there is someone from this forum who is attempting to help me through private messages. We just started corresponding, so it's too early to tell if we'd need that other audio source or not.

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom