Get Moz in the charts - Live NOW on FM4

WOW!!
did it happen?
did you get a good response form the stations dj's?

good on ya for doing this.

Hi there, Sorry I missed it. How did it all go?

Just back from work, apologies for the delay!!

Interview went very well! My wife was listening to it online downstairs whilst I was on the phone to the DJ (an English guy by the name of Stuart Freeman) upstairs, and she also thought it went well.

Have to admit, I was a bit surprised to get the call at 7.30 am this morning, as I thought Morrissey the 23rd had contacted FM4 after I had spoken to them yesterday evening and was going to do the interview. The whole interview took place in English (thank God, as although I do speak German, I would have found doing the whole interview in German a bit much).

Naturally, I told them all about the Get Moz in the charts campaign and read out the website address TWICE! I also made it clear that listeners in Austria couldn't help the campaign by buying from a UK site and said that, if they wanted to help, they could search for 'Life is a Pigsty' on British ebay and that there were some people based in the UK who would buy the track for them for £1.00 (which would help the campaign) and then e-mail the MP3 file to them.

Hopefully, I didn't make too much of a fool of myself, although maybe telling the DJ that "Morrissey is the closest thing we've got to a God on earth" was a little over the top (but then again, maybe it wasn't)!

All in all, a great experience! I'm going to contact FM4 and ask them whether it is possible for them to send me the interview as a file attachment. If they oblige, I will post it here.

Evil

Interview went very well! My wife was listening to it online downstairs whilst I was on the phone to the DJ (an English guy by the name of Stuart Freeman) upstairs, and she also thought it went well.

Have to admit, I was a bit surprised to get the call at 7.30 am this morning, as I thought Morrissey the 23rd had contacted FM4 after I had spoken to them yesterday evening and was going to do the interview. The whole interview took place in English (thank God, as although I do speak German, I would have found doing the whole interview in German a bit much).

Naturally, I told them all about the Get Moz in the charts campaign and read out the website address TWICE! I also made it clear that listeners in Austria couldn't help the campaign by buying from a UK site and said that, if they wanted to help, they could search for 'Life is a Pigsty' on British ebay and that there were some people based in the UK who would buy the track for them for £1.00 (which would help the campaign) and then e-mail the MP3 file to them.

Hopefully, I didn't make too much of a fool of myself, although maybe telling the DJ that "Morrissey is the closest thing we've got to a God on earth" was a little over the top (but then again, maybe it wasn't)!

All in all, a great experience! I'm going to contact FM4 and ask them whether it is possible for them to send me the interview as a file attachment. If they oblige, I will post it here.

Evil

Wow brilliant thanks so much for doing that.

Yeah there was a bit of confusion between Morrissey the 23rd and myself, completely my fault, but we both agree that the interview going ahead was the most important thing.

So thanks again for doing this you're a hero :D

And I'm sure we'd all love to hear it :)

My pleasure!

Will e-mail the station tonight.

Fingers crossed!

Hi again, just a few curious questions:

How did the radio station hear about the campaign? Was it through this site or somewhere else?

And also why are they so interested? Do they play a lot of Morrissey/Smiths stuff?

Hi again, just a few curious questions:

How did the radio station hear about the campaign? Was it through this site or somewhere else?

And also why are they so interested? Do they play a lot of Morrissey/Smiths stuff?

Hi Tbevie,

Your guess is as good as mine! What matters is that they heard about it somehow.

I think that Morrissey's appearance at the FM4 Festival in Salzburg during the summer has raised his profile in Austria. The DJ was most excited when I told him that a boot of FM4's broadcast of the show had been downloadable on Moz solo last year and that I listen to it regularly (which I do). The DJ alluded to the fact that many in the crowd that day didn't 'get' Morrissey's humour, to which I replied that there are plenty of people in the UK who don't either!

I got the impression that they play a lot of Smiths / Morrissey on FM4. Whilst I was waiting to go on air, the DJ played Everyday is Like Sunday and Girlfriend in a Coma and, as soon as the interview ended, he launched into FOTGTD.

Hope this answers your questions! ;)

Hi Tbevie,

Your guess is as good as mine! What matters is that they heard about it somehow.

I think that Morrissey's appearance at the FM4 Festival in Salzburg during the summer has raised his profile in Austria. The DJ was most excited when I told him that a boot of FM4's broadcast of the show had been downloadable on Moz solo last year and that I listen to it regularly (which I do). The DJ alluded to the fact that many in the crowd that day didn't 'get' Morrissey's humour, to which I replied that there are plenty of people in the UK who don't either!

I got the impression that they play a lot of Smiths / Morrissey on FM4. Whilst I was waiting to go on air, the DJ played Everyday is Like Sunday and Girlfriend in a Coma and, as soon as the interview ended, he launched into FOTGTD.

Hope this answers your questions! ;)

Yes it did and many more, thanks :)

Evil

Sounds like you did a sterling job in promoting Morrissey and the campaign to get Pisty into this weeks chart. Well done!

I'll PM you when I'm back home (Helping a friend move home). In the meantime, have you asked Grim O'Grady if he has a copy of the Liverpool concert?

Wow brilliant thanks so much for doing that.

Yeah there was a bit of confusion between Morrissey the 23rd and myself, completely my fault, but we both agree that the interview going ahead was the most important thing.

So thanks again for doing this you're a hero :D

And I'm sure we'd all love to hear it :)

Oh, I share the blame. Not that it matters because we got a result, thanks to a lawyer!! I've changed my plea to guilty.

Sounds like you did a sterling job in promoting Morrissey and the campaign to get Pisty into this weeks chart. Well done!

I'll PM you when I'm back home (Helping a friend move home). In the meantime, have you asked Grim O'Grady if he has a copy of the Liverpool concert?

No, I haven't approached Grim directly....but I will now!

Cheers M23! :)

Back
Top Bottom