GQ: "A$AP Rocky Is the Prettiest Man Alive" - Morrissey reportedly features on new A$AP Rocky album (May 19, 2021)

"Two new important creative partners are likely to be found on All Smiles. The first is Morrissey.

Morrissey! Rocky, it turns out, is a huge fan, and he's been working remotely with the Pope of Mope over the past year. The former Smiths frontman has been writing, producing, and contributing vocals to the new record, Rocky says. 'Anything you need him to do, he show up and do.'"

Related item:
Media items:

OK that's one of the most entertaining profiles I've read in ages - great fun! (Also: damn, he has beautiful feet!)

But is Rocky so massively stoned that he's imagined the whole Morrissey thing? Or is it real?!

This is amazing. And exactly the right thing to do, for Moz. ASAP is Commercial and hip, yet original, creative and intelligent. Can’t wait to hear Morrissey backed by Rocky’s dreamy, weird beats.

I don't know anything about A$AP Rocky, but I love it when Morrissey does weird (for him), unpredictable stuff and I'm very intrigued by the fact that the article mentions 'producing' in addition to writing and singing.

OK that's one of the most entertaining profiles I've read in ages - great fun! (Also: damn, he has beautiful feet!)

But is Rocky so massively stoned that he's imagined the whole Morrissey thing? Or is it real?!

That's what I was wondering!

It would be great though.

Surely this is the first time Morrissey has ever made a guest appearance on somebody else’s record?

Surely this is the first time Morrissey has ever made a guest appearance on somebody else’s record?

Not counting the backing vocals he did on Sandie's recordings I would say yes.

Not counting the backing vocals he did on Sandie's recordings I would say yes.
He must’ve gotten millions of offers through the years. I wonder what made him accept this one. I’m glad he did, though.

He must’ve gotten millions of offers through the years. I wonder what made him accept this one. I’m glad he did, though.

Damon Albarn will be truly disappointed 😉

Maybe this quote from the article explains it...?

"...a relentlessly charismatic artist whose favorite canvas is the mosh pit, a norm-busting style icon, a singularly charming man who could tease a smile out of a gargoyle"

Who could say no to someone like that. 😉

Last edited:
First RHODA DAKAR now this .... Skinnys rather quiet on both threads .... Well I wonder why 🤔

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom