Greatest Morrissey-Solo song of all so far?

My ultimate favourite Morrissey solo song may be a little more unusual - November Spawned a Monster. I think its underrated - I even saw some posts on here referring it as one of his more "weird" songs, but I think it is excellent, and underrated. Plus, I love the video - it's highly entertaining ;)

EDIT: I'm still clearly not awake...I used the word underrated twice in the above sentence.

Oh no, I've changed my mind again... it could be Speedway or Suedehead.
uh, why did I even come here. I'm so confused :confused: Whose idea was this thread anyway?! :mad: :D

Oh no, I've changed my mind again... it could be Speedway or Suedehead.
uh, why did I even come here. I'm so confused :confused: Whose idea was this thread anyway?! :mad: :D

Okay, just to summarize the Greatest Morrissey SONG of all time for Corrissey is: Tomorrow, Suedehead, November Spawned a Monster, Everyday is Like Sunday, and Let Me Kiss You. Then Now my Heart is Full, Speedway, and back to Suedehead?!

"My patience is stretched my loyalties vexed...":)

Okay, just to summarize the Greatest Morrissey SONG of all time for Corrissey is: Tomorrow, Suedehead, November Spawned a Monster, Everyday is Like Sunday, and Let Me Kiss You. Then Now my Heart is Full, Speedway, and back to Suedehead?!

"My patience is stretched my loyalties vexed...":)

hahahaha ~ yeah I know, indecisiveness is one of my biggest flaws. Or is it? :p

Comtesse was laughing at me on our Moz road trips: Me "Oh! This is my favorite song!!" and she's like "Um, you've said that about ten times now" :D

I can't choose between 'Now my Heart is Full, Speedway, and Suedehead'-sorry. I'm leaving this thread never to return. :) you're welcome =o)

After giving it much thought... I've decided, at least for tonight, my favorite Moz solo song is..... Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning. I know people are going to be scratching their heads at that one. I chose it because I think it's an excellent example of the kind of art Moz can create... every element of the song works to support the story. He had the courage to deviate completely from what anyone would expect of a pop song and make something that is different, instead. It's nearly cinematic. It reminds me of Benjamin Britten. It's shivery and cold and remorseless, yet sympathetic. I think it's brilliant.

And no, NRITH, I am not drunk.

After giving it much thought... I've decided, at least for tonight, my favorite Moz solo song is..... Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning. I know people are going to be scratching their heads at that one. I chose it because I think it's an excellent example of the kind of art Moz can create... every element of the song works to support the story. He had the courage to deviate completely from what anyone would expect of a pop song and make something that is different, instead. It's nearly cinematic. It reminds me of Benjamin Britten. It's shivery and cold and remorseless, yet sympathetic. I think it's brilliant.

And no, NRITH, I am not drunk.

That is one of my favorite songs, I think mostly because of the whisper singing which TURNS ME ON! :D:o

Mine changes month to month, but at some point each of these would have topped my list:

Life Is A Pigsty, Every Day Is Like Sunday, The Boy Racer, Christian Dior, November Spawned A Monster, The Last Of The Famous International Playboys, Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning, Come Back to Camden, Piccadilly Palare, The National Front Disco, Our Frank, Speedway, I Have Forgiven Jesus, Tomorrow, Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself, Now My Heart Is Full, Jack The Ripper.

There may have been a few others along the way as well.

For the last few weeks my vote would go to Speedway, specifically the Royal Albert Hall recording on the flipslide of I Just Want to See the Boy Happy vinyl.

But it may all change tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom