Hand that rocks the cradle troy tate

Hello handsome devils i recently came across this on soulseek its a 4.57 version of hand that rocks the cradle of the troy tate sessions according to passions like mine the final version runs at that timeing compared to the usual 5.15 i cant really hear much diffrence between the two apart from an earlier fade out anyway tell me what you think Thanks Blackpool Ruffians.x the link is https://www.rapidshare.com.cn/3HEWLX1

Hello handsome devils i recently came across this on soulseek its a 4.57 version of hand that rocks the cradle of the troy tate sessions according to passions like mine the final version runs at that timeing compared to the usual 5.15 i cant really hear much diffrence between the two apart from an earlier fade out anyway tell me what you think Thanks Blackpool Ruffians.x the link is https://www.rapidshare.com.cn/3HEWLX1
Not seen a rapidshare link in a long while :)
I will give it some scrutiny later tonight unless anyone wants to chip in.
I find with random things being poorly labelled, things can get difficult. Especially if it's had things like speed played with - so running time can lead you down rabbit holes (quite a lot of Tate stuff has been 'doctored' when shared previously).
Regards,
FWD.

lol good old rapidshare. thanks that will be great look forward to your seeing what you think.
Right, well this is hard going!
I believe PJLM has the 'core' info correct, but subsequent tweaked mixes, pitch correcting and general shenanigans has lead to many tracks being slightly off with timing. Most of that activity has been through Smiths Torrents and a lot of that has been post-updates on PJLM - so it is less authoritative in this case. Some of the tape sounds between tracks have been culled and this sounds like the fade is cut a tiny bit too soon.
I think it's 'Tate 2' (ie rougher than the initial version) and I think it's derived from one of the known bootleg sources (although not the Soundsville one perhaps). The running time and fade are probably indicative of someone making a new version from an existing source.
I know @DavidA has delved in to the changing world of Troy Tate and has a grasp on what's what, but the information and ever-appearing versions of tracks makes for a real headache.
So, yes, it is a known version.
Regards,
FWD.

Troy Tate mixes. That's a deep rabbit hole for sure.

While Troy worked on the production of the first album he'd run off cassettes to show a work-in-progress to stakeholders. The result was that there were at least three of these unfinished mixes in circulation, which got copied from person to person. It also meant that the lower quality recordings aren't necessarily an earlier version. As FWD says, they've since been cleaned up and pitch corrected which leads to a dizzying array of versions.

I spent too long comparing them by running one version through the left headphone and another through the right. In the end I came to the conclusion that it was something of a fool's errand. Many of the versions are in unlistenable quality so whether they're different or not I wouldn't listen to them. The only ones I listen to now are the officially released versions.

Sidenote: Troy was never paid for his work on the album and was pretty sore about the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom