Harry Kalas has passed away

thewarroom

Scorpion Kicker
Been a very rough week for baseball fans. First we lose 22-year-old Nick Adenhart just hours after making his fourth MLB start, and now the legendary voice of the Philadelphia Phillies and NFL Films has died after collapsing in the broadcast booth at Nationals Park this afternoon.

RIP Harry. :(

Everyone I know has mentioned it, emailed about it, set it as their facebook status etc. Philadelphia as a whole is in mourning right now :(:tears:

This is devastating news. I've been dreading this day ever since Richie Ashburn passed away. I grew up with the Phillies, and it will never be quite the same. It's a sad day for Philadelphia and for all of baseball.

This is devastating news. I've been dreading this day ever since Richie Ashburn passed away. I grew up with the Phillies, and it will never be quite the same. It's a sad day for Philadelphia and for all of baseball.

Oh I know! It was SO sad when Whitey passed away. Now that Harry K is gone who will say "Struck eeeeem ouuuttt!" :tears: For a guy originally from IL, he got that philly accent down when it counted. He will be missed!

When "Whitey" died, that was tough....now this. Getting old sucks.

I'll always remember this for Steve Carlton, "Swing and a miss, struck him out" or this for Michael Jack Schmidt, "Swing...and a long drive, watch this baby, outta here! Home run"

Godspeed Harry....hope your up there calling games with your friend Whitey :tears:

Harry_kalas_with_whitey_1980.JPG

Back
Top Bottom