Here we go again another fake

"printed" autographs, as it says.

might as well use REAL sigs if they are just going to photoshop them together.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-x8-PHOTO-P...usic_Music_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item336704499c

Didn't even bother forging his name with the correct spelling, did they? ha!

LOL, didnt even try, did he? atleast do some research, and spell it correctly? also, one of the worst fakes Ive ever seen. I bet it's the old "I bought this from a friend, who says it's legit", "bought it from someone who said Morrissey signed it in front of them...blah blah blah"? dear god, make it stop.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-x8-PHOTO-P...usic_Music_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item336704499c

Didn't even bother forging his name with the correct spelling, did they? ha!

Hope you're all sitting down...(good), here's the person who's selling this, response, you gotta love this:

Hi,
It is a print - I'm not selling it as a genuine autograph.

Plus my friend actually got the original signed by him , so the original was definitely signed by him.
He signed 5 things for him that day - the first spelt correctly and 4 spelt with only one 's'. Obviously Morrissey knew or suspected that my friend was a dealer so was trying to make sure he couldn't sell any.
- smm_toys Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

Im sorry, I dont believe you. Lemme get this straight: Morrissey "obviously knew your friend was going to try to sell them, so he signed 4 of them w/1 "s"? and you expect me to believe this? Also, nice of you to take it upon yourself to try to sell an admitted fake,(which Im almost certai n Morrissey didnt sign himself, regardless of spelling)?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: smm_toys
Subject: Details about the item: jeff sent a message about 10"x8" PHOTO PRINTED AUTOGRAPH - MORRISSEY #220771666332
Sent Date: 20-Apr-11 10:34:18 BST

(Here's my email to this person)

Dear smm_toys,

Umm, you do realize that your "Signed Morrissey Print", his name is spelled wrong? 2 S's. Also, thats not even close to being legit, or real. Ive taken the liberty of forwarding this auction to ebay, for further review. No disrespect, but at least try to get the name right,(or do some research) before buying and then selling something like this online?

One of the worst fakes Ive ever seen. lemme guess, you got it from a legit source, you bought it with a bunch of other stuff..blah blah blah?

Last edited:
Good work Biggoof......these jokers are poor liars who sell disgustingly bad fakes. Luckily most Morrissey auto collectors are quite knowledgeable and well informed due to websites like Solo.

Is this the right place for non fake shit too?

If so, just noticed these guys have got one or two very nice Smiths things, not Morrissey unfortunately but 100% genuine if anyone fancies one...

http://www.jgautographs.com/products/AlternativeRock/The_Smiths/200018

JG autos is a respectable but rather expensive autograph eBayer. The Rourke and Marr autos are genuine mid to late 2000s examples.

Note that's not an original QID promo poster they signed on but a 12 x 18 photo of the poster.

elephant6ers - you may be right about the mid 2000's bit - that poster was first seen in the mid 2000's as a bootleg poster- that image wasn't used on any posters to promote the album in 1986.

Dave

Biggoof, you are a king among men. I find the seller's response to be both horrible and hilarious. Well done.
Thank you my friend. I sent that exact email to the guy, he responds to the first one, then, doesn't when i send the "I dont believe you, sorry" post. I think he knows the jig is up, and he's been outed. This "fake auto" shit drives me nuts. You have to be pretty stupid to put stuff like that up for sale, and not know that people will expose you? I mean, that's obviously a fake, isn't it? I just hope folks who try to bid on this stuff, actually do their homework, so they dont get taken. His response though, was priceless, wasn't it? "Morrissey knowing he would try to sell it, signed 4 items with only 1 S", like we're supposed to actually believe that?

Then he claims he's not selling it as an actual auto pic, but a print of a fake auto print? which is even worse.

By the way, are you the seller?

No. Although you should take each item as it comes JG are as good as anyone around.

I don't think they're particularly over priced in general either. I've bought a couple of bits off them in the past for myself and haven't paid over the odds yet. I don't mind paying a few quid extra anyway if I know I'm getting the real deal.

Tags
#strangewaysherewecome autograph newfavethread signature signed
Back
Top Bottom