How Do We Move Forward When Every Artist We Love Is ‘Problematic’? by Jared Richards - Junkee

Link from Pablo Honey:

How Do We Move Forward When Every Artist We Love Is ‘Problematic’? - Junkee
by Jared Richards

Morrissey, once a bastion for self-styled sensitive misfits and outcasts, is now a deep disappointment for most fans.

full

Last edited:
Hmmm. I seem to have acquired a dedicated follower, by the name of Trill.

As usual, watch the site's nazis pile in on this.

There's been several articles outlining the sadness of fans on Morrissey's decline into right-wing madness, and several praising him. I think that it's interesting to note that the ones praising him are from entrenched right-wing commentators, while it looks to me like the ones taking the opposite view are from much more mainstream outlets. What I'm getting at is that he's only getting support from the right-wing bigots.

Ah right, another skinny bomb.

Methodology:...drop bomb, sit back, enjoy the ensuing frenzy, count traffic, prod cattle via aliases, carry on laughing. Rinse & repeat.

People, just don't respond to this, you're just being fed bait & giving shithead skinny the warped satisfaction he craves.

Wake up, he's using you. Block him & all his known aliases in your preferences & never respond to an 'anonymous' poster, i.e. me.

End.

Nothing problematic about Melvis.

He’s just another bitter, angry, washed-up c***.

His self-loathing and abject failure aren’t problematic for anyone but himself. ...and the twats on here that dwell up his anus.

Ah right, another skinny bomb.

Methodology:...drop bomb, sit back, enjoy the ensuing frenzy, count traffic, prod cattle via aliases, carry on laughing. Rinse & repeat.

People, just don't respond to this, you're just being fed bait & giving shithead skinny the warped satisfaction he craves.

Wake up, he's using you. Block him & all his known aliases in your preferences & never respond to an 'anonymous' poster, i.e. me.

End.

It works. You're proof. Fool

There's been several articles outlining the sadness of fans on Morrissey's decline into right-wing madness, and several praising him. I think that it's interesting to note that the ones praising him are from entrenched right-wing commentators, while it looks to me like the ones taking the opposite view are from much more mainstream outlets. What I'm getting at is that he's only getting support from the right-wing bigots.
Every single time you use the word Nazi it's clear you have no idea who the Nazis were and what they did.

This 'backlash' has been going on for years now. Its almost become a contest to see who'll be the one to put that final nail in the coffin. And all because some people have had their illusions shattered.
Yeah their allusion that Morrissey was a pussy like them only to find out he's not. It must be heart breaking.

“How do we move forward?”

Seriously? Lol. You have to ask?
Quit projecting yourself on strangers and go on with whatever you call a life. It isn’t f***ing hard.

I know expecting you to drop the self-righteousness is asking too much so I won’t bother.

Logical, but too hard for the antifa crowd to understand. Progressives are their own religion

So you prefer the same mainstream outlets that have been promoting endless wars, mass immigration, protecting pedophiles and covering up corruption?. Alt Right means alternative to the right wing establishment

The answer to this lame article is simple. Stop making musicians your idols. Let music just be music. Or you're gonna have to throw out pretty much 98% of popular music. Bowie? Pedo, Chuck Berry same, Varg? murderer , Morrissey? vegan alt right...the list is endless

makes no differece what I write, my stalker Thrill is seeking my posts...now it was about mr Khan, 2 months ago or whatever, and rating as troll, so do your job,

Have a silent and grey sunday, all.

Well he’s right, they’re all problematic, even the milquetoast ones post 2000. The only solutions are to do away with art or lighten up. I fear the writer leans toward the former.

I don't think it's really about "mainstream outlets" and you're just feeding your opposition by explaining it that way. It seems more to me that it's about a lot of right wing people who seem to have just started listening to Morrissey in the past year, but see him as a tool to exploit, attempting to influence his audience which, dwindling as it is, still is pretty large for someone pushing the viewpoints he appears to be. I'm sure that if Mick Jagger or someone else that well known was saying similar things many of these people wouldn't bother with Morrissey.
But he's not only getting support from right wing bigots. He's also getting a lot of support from die-hard fans who either believe that "we can't really know" his true beliefs, or who always sort of leaned that way, or who just don't really pay attention or don't care.
Several of the people that support him on this site are far from right wing bigots. But you never seem to let the facts get in the way of your theories. Just like you always say he is only does anything for the money when actually if he was trying to make the most money, and wasn't possessed by some need to constantly have people spitting his name, would do things much, much differently.
There is no real reason his 90's success didn't keep building. He needs a publicist, a solid working relationship with a record company, and a good songwriting partner or team. It's his own doing that he doesn't seem to have all of those things. Anyone who wanted money and wasn't insane would do things much differently.

The answer to this lame article is simple. Stop making musicians your idols. Let music just be music. Or you're gonna have to throw out pretty much 98% of popular music. Bowie? Pedo, Chuck Berry same, Varg? murderer , Morrissey? vegan alt right...the list is endless
Says the idiot with the John Lennon avatar.

All artists are problematic. Or all interesting artists anyway. Caravaggio was a murderer. Does that we mean we should burn his paintings? The things Morrissey says in interviews etc. will line the budgie cage this time tomorrow. The music will go on. Show me anything in the music that doesn't celebrate the dignity of the individual against the tyranny of the group. I'll take that any day.

There is a way to be more accurate. Look at the incredibly poor tickets sales for the recently aborted UK tour. That's a clear indication of decline. Another is the number of fans, particularly in the UK, who have publicly denounced him. Also, the fact that no US show sold out on the recent tour. We don't know if he has murdered an old pensioner, or is paedophile, or bank robber but we do know about his increasing fascination with facism.
As Reelfountain and Stephen Hofmann have both consistently claimed that gay men are just paedophiles in waiting perhaps we should ask these 'experts' their views on whether they believe the same of Morrissey?
some of the crowds on this tour were huge,as for the rest of your points you sound very bitter towards him,what did he do strangle your cat.

A song about Moz and Freddy M.

Spent the day in Fred
Very happy I did
Yes, I spent the day in Fred
Even although he's dead

.. I didn't find this thread boring at all..

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom