How would The Smiths do if they started today?

You are the one incapable of debate. Since you arrived you here you have waged a systematic campaign of abuse against people who hold different views to you. I am genuinely surprised that the mods have allowed you to continue to start endless flame wars for no other reason that some people on here challenge your right-wing views. So your getting all butt-hurt and proclaiming that you are just an innocent victim on here is laughable.
You are incapable of commenting on any subject without getting in a troll or two about 'lefties,' 'snowflakes,' 'the woke,' 'remoaners,' etc etc. You have deliberately cultivated a persona of boorish confrontation which, when challenged on, you cravenly deny and pretend to take offence at.
And you failed to answer to the simple question I asked of you. Which I think further proves my point that you are the one incapable of debate and capable only of persistent abuse and sucking up to people you think might tolerate you.
Ok, you’ve sucked me in now- I’ve tried a couple of times to build bridges with you & I’ve got no reply or you’ve thrown it back in my face. The only thread of mine you’ve taken any reasonable part in is the b-sides one, because I specifically said you wouldn’t, so you did to ‘prove me wrong’. Everything else you’ve just made snide digs about. Fair enough, that’s your choice, but I didn’t come on here to make enemies, I think that’s obvious from my postings.

And I think the mods haven’t ‘banned’ me because I haven’t done anything out of order!! OK, I started that thread about you & I got a warning for that, fair enough, but apart from that I’ve done nothing worse than anyone else on here. I start reasonable threads, I take part in debate. If I got kicked off here for anything I’ve said so far, it would be a f***ing joke! Obviously the mods aren’t as much into cancel culture as you are!! I don’t like left wing snowflakes, so what-it’s a debate forum!!

Well to be frank, I don't give a monkey's about any of that.

Both those songs are beautiful in their own right, & the lyrics from Morrissey, on THTRTC especially, are some of his best, imho. In fact that first album is sublime, musically, and lyrically, and is one of my favourite Smiths albums.

I just didn't agree with the point being made re; what the songs might be considered to be about; they don't suggest that to me. I was suggesting that whoever might hold those interpretations to be true, might not have taken the time to read the lyrics, or try to understand their respective meaning.
FWIW, I don't have a problem with any of those lyrics either.

Ok, you’ve sucked me in now- I’ve tried a couple of times to build bridges with you & I’ve got no reply or you’ve thrown it back in my face. The only thread of mine you’ve taken any reasonable part in is the b-sides one, because I specifically said you wouldn’t, so you did to ‘prove me wrong’. Everything else you’ve just made snide digs about. Fair enough, that’s your choice, but I didn’t come on here to make enemies, I think that’s obvious from my postings.

And I think the mods haven’t ‘banned’ me because I haven’t done anything out of order!! OK, I started that thread about you & I got a warning for that, fair enough, but apart from that I’ve done nothing worse than anyone else on here. I start reasonable threads, I take part in debate. If I got kicked off here for anything I’ve said so far, it would be a f***ing joke! Obviously the mods aren’t as much into cancel culture as you are!! I don’t like left wing snowflakes, so what-it’s a debate forum!!
No, it's not obvious that you didn't come here to make enemies. I think it's the at the core of who you are to wind people up. I don't necessarily have a problem with that - I do it myself often enough - but please don't pretend that you are morally superior, not whilst you respond to every counter-argument to your own with abuse.
But we'll see. We'll see if you can engage in 'debate' in the future without immediately launching into abuse when you get cornered. We'll see whether or not you can respond to or comment on anything without trotting out the irrelevant, tired alt-right tropes that you have relied on thus far. We'll see.

No, it's not obvious that you didn't come here to make enemies. I think it's the at the core of who you are to wind people up. I don't necessarily have a problem with that - I do it myself often enough - but please don't pretend that you are morally superior, not whilst you respond to every counter-argument to your own with abuse.
But we'll see. We'll see if you can engage in 'debate' in the future without immediately launching into abuse when you get cornered. We'll see whether or not you can respond to or comment on anything without trotting out the irrelevant, tired alt-right tropes that you have relied on thus far. We'll see.
I don’t think I am morally superior! I’m not the one wheeling out the ‘you’re so & so under a different account’ & calling people racist just because they think there should be a cap on the number of people allowed in the country. From anywhere, of any colour.

Anyway, look - one last time I offer an olive branch. We aren’t ever going to be friends & as someone said the other day, you’ll never win an argument with someone on the internet. And yeah, I’ve said a few out of order things to you on here (no worse than what you’ve said to me, mind). I’ve already apologised for one lot of comments which you didn’t even acknowledge. Fair enough, you don’t have to. So why don’t we draw a line under all this & start again. We don’t know each other, we never will. But I do like it here & don’t particularly want to be arguing with you all the time, so why don’t we either turn over a new leaf OR agree to ignore each other’s comments? I’m never going to stop saying about snowflakes etc because it’s what I believe.

And in answer to your question about those songs, I’ve read in a places about various controversies regarding them, particularly Reel Around The Fountain. I’ve got loads of books on The Smiths, I can’t remember them word for word & I can’t be bothered to dig them out & find them now. But I have.

But don’t patronise me with any of this we’ll see bollocks. I’m not looking for your approval on my comments, i’m not waiting for the day you say to me ‘well done Silent ‘Witless’, you’re doing better’. I’m sure you’re not so up yourself you think your approval is what’s required to not be a ‘troll’.

And I don’t think a troll would write all this, do you? Anyway, that’s it, I’ve said all I need to say on the matter. The balls in your court, roll it back, throw it at my head, do whatever you need to do.

But don’t patronise me with any of this we’ll see bollocks. I’m not looking for your approval on my comments, i’m not waiting for the day you say to me ‘well done Silent ‘Witless’, you’re doing better’. I’m sure you’re not so up yourself you think your approval is what’s required to not be a ‘troll’.

And I don’t think a troll would write all this, do you? Anyway, that’s it, I’ve said all I need to say on the matter. The balls in your court, roll it back, throw it at my head, do whatever you need to do.
Ahh, you were doing so well but then, like the scorpion, you couldn't resist, could you? It's just in your nature.

Ahh, you were doing so well but then, like the scorpion, you couldn't resist, could you? It's just in your nature.
See what I mean!! I was just adding something I forgot in the first post. You’ve made it clear you aren’t interested, & you say I’m the scorpion who ‘lacks self-awareness’!! I mean, ‘I was doing so well’. Talk about patronising!

Thanks for showing everyone who you are.👍

Or is that what I’m supposed to be doing? Waiting for you to ‘approve’ me? f***ing hell, I hope you never become a moderator on here. If you do, let me know so I really can leave for good!!

Don't be surprised by what the mods allow. This site has always been a shithole. @Silent Reader is basically providing content, entertaining to some and infuriating to others. I read somewhere once about how some advertisements are deliberately annoying because that causes them to stick with you and that's why his character works. You don't have to like him but you remember him. Have to give the devil his due. There are people that have posted here for years that haven't made much of an impression but in a few days he has caused the members of this site to write hundreds if not thousands of posts in response to him. He ought to be getting a cut of the ad revenue.
I will always give credit where it is due, & I have to say thank you @Fake C ! No doubt that will provide some response from Radis that I’m desperate for you to like me or some shit, but actually I’m just being nice where it’s warranted.

I know you weren’t saying you necessarily like me, but I take the compliment anyway. I think I have generated a lot of good response on here. I’m quite articulate for a ‘troll’ aren’t I🤔

And I’m just going to say, people can like me/dislike me/not care, whatever but anyone who thinks I’m a troll is f***ing wrong! That isn’t opinion, it’s fact.

I'd ask this of @Silent Witless but he seems incapable of rational thought so I'll ask you: who has condemned those lyrics for those reasons, please?
Haha rubbish noir up to her old tricks again, trying to goad folk into a silly online argument😂...tut tut will you ever learn😽

Haha rubbish noir up to her old tricks again, trying to goad folk into a silly online argument😂...tut tut will you ever learn😽
Oh look it's half-man, half-dingo here to lay another turd where it's not wanted. Troll off, dingo, go and sniff someone else's arse. I'm sure @Silent Witless would be willing to let you have a go at his.

Impossible to really say of course,but I think the ultra woke snowflakes who despise Morrissey today because that's what they're told to 'think' would lap up Morrissey circa 1983. He was quite ahead of his time with some views that are ultra woke today. Being a vegetarian for a start.

I reckon they'd do well.
If Steve came out with his muddled, ill-informed nonsense on right-wing politics and race, the Smith wouldn't have got off the starting line these days. He did say some pretty ugly stuff (even back in the 80s) but there was no social media for it to get quickly and widely disseminated as there is now, and The Smiths were bringing out so much brilliant music, so often, that it was easy to overlook his more worrying and problematic comments.

The title of the thread is:
"How would The Smiths do if they started today?"

Oh look it's half-man, half-dingo here to lay another turd where it's not wanted. Troll off, dingo, go and sniff someone else's arse. I'm sure @Silent Witless would be willing to let you have a go at his.
I mean, after all that’s been written this morning, can you honestly look at what you’ve just posted there & not think you’re the one looking like a troll???

I might post some stuff on here people don’t like, but you’re just coming across as a total c***. I believe someone started a thread on that very issue recently.....

Almost all of your posts are abusive & confrontational. I never see you taking part in any of the other threads where people are just having normal conversations. Just banging on about Joe Biden all the f***ing time.

I think you’ve shown yourself up this morning Radis. I don’t think you want to get along with people at all do you?

I’ll await the mandatory bollocks reply.

Back under the bridge rubbish, you're 70's perm's getting soaked what with this 'orrible weather, you'll be nice and dry under there and we won't have to read your pish, failing miserably to goad decent folk...you're scum and you know you're scum 🙋‍♂️ bysie wysie!

Back under the bridge rubbish, you're 70's perm's getting soaked what with this 'orrible weather, you'll be nice and dry under there and we won't have to read your pish, failing miserably to goad decent folk...you're scum and you know you're scum 🙋‍♂️ bysie wysie!
Drunk so early? Oh no, I remember - this is you solo. Now toddle off and see if you remember where buried that bone.

Back
Top Bottom