How's your summer going?

I'm sure you can if you're on a four-year course. Mine, however, was a three-year BA - in September I'm starting a one-year postgraduate journalism course, and you can't get a student loan for postgraduate study.

I'm currently doing a three year BA... :( So I'll have to work myself like a slave to fund an MA :(

I'm not doing a great deal. Probably should at least see friends. I'm trying my hardest to forget that I need to do drama coursework that was due in last term and I have now forgotten the performance that I had to write it on. :( I'm spending the majority of my time at home on the computer trying to learn Hungarian ready for my long weekend to Budapest. :cool:

I'm not doing a great deal. Probably should at least see friends. I'm trying my hardest to forget that I need to do drama coursework that was due in last term and I have now forgotten the performance that I had to write it on. :( I'm spending the majority of my time at home on the computer trying to learn Hungarian ready for my long weekend to Budapest. :cool:

Well, if you need help with the latter... :D

Well, if you need help with the latter... :D

Thanks! I've managed to learn 'tram' and 'thank you', amongst other words, although I can't really make a sentence. I'm having some trouble with it, due to:
1) The length of the words, and
2) The fact that no bookshops in my area seem to sell Hungarian phrasebooks. However, I think I'll go to the map and other travel things shop Stamfords in London tomorrow, as if anywhere sells them, it's going to be Stamfords. :)

Thanks! I've managed to learn 'tram' and 'thank you', amongst other words, although I can't really make a sentence. I'm having some trouble with it, due to:
1) The length of the words, and
2) The fact that no bookshops in my area seem to sell Hungarian phrasebooks. However, I think I'll go to the map and other travel things shop Stamfords in London tomorrow, as if anywhere sells them, it's going to be Stamfords. :)

You speak German, don't you? Long words shouldn't be a problem then. The main thing to remember is that the accent is always on the first syllable.

You speak German, don't you? Long words shouldn't be a problem then. The main thing to remember is that the accent is always on the first syllable.

I had a long look at the word for juice, and decided that I couldn't say it. I think it's that Hungarian is still quite unfamiliar to me, although the umlauts being pronounced the same as in German helps a lot. I read about the stress being on the first syllable, which makes things a bit easier.

I had a long look at the word for juice, and decided that I couldn't say it. I think it's that Hungarian is still quite unfamiliar to me, although the umlauts being pronounced the same as in German helps a lot. I read about the stress being on the first syllable, which makes things a bit easier.

To quote Ricky Gervais, if you're abroad all you have to do is point and shout in order to get what you want. If they still don't understand then smash the place up.

To quote Ricky Gervais, if you're abroad all you have to do is point and shout in order to get what you want. If they still don't understand then smash the place up.

:lbf:

Franzie, you'd be probably better off speaking English anyway. Hungarians are truly arrogant when it comes to foreigners trying to speak Hungarian - they simply don't understand it or pretend not to understand it.:rolleyes:

I swapped nationalities with my friend, so I'm not British enough to get away with that anymore. :thumb:

Franzie, you'd be probably better off speaking English anyway. Hungarians are truly arrogant when it comes to foreigners trying to speak Hungarian - they simply don't understand it or pretend not to understand it.:rolleyes:

Ahhh, screw it then. :( I still have to learn Hungarian because my uncle has set me the challenge of learning it, though.

Ahhh, screw it then. :( I still have to learn Hungarian because my uncle has set me the challenge of learning it, though.

You don't need any better reason. :) And just ignore arrogant Hungarians.

Crap. I have the flu.

I'm currently doing a three year BA... :( So I'll have to work myself like a slave to fund an MA :(

Me too, have to write 5 essays and prepare 3 exams till september :(
I had a great time in June and July though - visited new cities, was on festivals, saw moz twice, was at the seaside.. i'm already daydreaming of my next vacation.

Me too, have to write 5 essays and prepare 3 exams till september :(
I had a great time in June and July though - visited new cities, was on festivals, saw moz twice, was at the seaside.. i'm already daydreaming of my next vacation.

Fortunately I don't have to do any work over the summer. I'd have to do re-sits if I never passed my first year (passed by the skin of my teeth mind!). I'm not looking forward to the essays and exams I'll have to do when I return In September though :( something I'm forgetting about for now :thumb:

My summer has been rockin. Beach, camping, riding my mountain bike, fishing, going out with friends, you name it. Love it.

Fortunately I don't have to do any work over the summer. I'd have to do re-sits if I never passed my first year (passed by the skin of my teeth mind!). I'm not looking forward to the essays and exams I'll have to do when I return In September though :( something I'm forgetting about for now :thumb:

i'm starting my master in september if i get these exams and essays done, but this weather here is driving me crazy - it's great and all i want to do is go outside, but i can't :(
anyway, enjoy the time you have till september :p

My summer's been okay so far haven't been up to much, went to Munich for 5 days and drank some steins :thumb:, went to a bunch of movies, saw Moz live for the first time, so all in all pretty damn good if only the weather would start acting like it was summer!

Back
Top Bottom