Hull, England - Hull Arena (Sep. 18, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ganglord / Staircase At The University / Kiss Me A Lot / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Istanbul / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / I'm Not A Man / The Bullfighter Dies / Yes, I Am Blind / Oboe Concerto / Meat Is Murder / Smiler With Knife / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Will See You In Far-Off Places // What She Said

setlist provided by lutewinebemine.

Last edited:
Great show, though the seating was 'ill-housed and ill advised'.

Hi cheers for your reply. I can't make any more of the UK gigs. Where will the Pop up store be? Iv been on the emporium site but I'm looking for the Hull Arena Morrissey tee if you have any ideas. Cheers

Battersea Dogs & Cats Home in London is where you will locate the pop up store. sadly i dont think any hull tshirts will be available there as most of the merchandise for sale a that location has moz and kitty theme. however, you will be happy to know that the merch sale figures at hull were a bust and most of the tshirts, from what i understand, will be remaindered to the emporium, albeit with a surcharge.
only the small sized shirt will be discounted as none were sold at the venue.

Spot on with this analysis. For those who don't believe it, just have a look round at other people when Morrissey plays something other than Smiths, Bona Drag or one of the six well known solo singles. Most people in the audience just don't know any of the other songs.

If they don't know the songs,its obviously their fault,every song in the current set list is a Morrissey original and available to buy (including World Peace).That said, that unqualified criticism cannot be levelled at the Hull crowd, they knew ALL the songs and sung them loudly back at Moz.....WHAT A BRILLIANT GIG!!! Still buzzing 24 hours later!

There's no great conspiracy to be had in the closing of the bars. Quite simple really. The downstairs bars blocked the view of those seated if there were people queuing.

Don't know why people bother coming on here, they've made their mind up about all sorts of crazy bullshit regardless of the facts. Muppets.

New York, Philadelphia, New Orleans.... The setlist varied somewhat but overall I feel the point is valid. The energy level in the room drops from a 10 for the first two or three songs to about a 4 for much of the rest of the show.

I did Philly, Akron and Nashville and I couldn't disagree with you more. The Philly show was on fire -- the energy never dropped. There are the obvious numbers where the mood becomes less frenetic, but it felt just as soulful.

Let's all be honest here, Silly Steven has pushed his luck stinking out these four UK performances

Battersea Dogs & Cats Home in London is where you will locate the pop up store. sadly i dont think any hull tshirts will be available there as most of the merchandise for sale a that location has moz and kitty theme. however, you will be happy to know that the merch sale figures at hull were a bust and most of the tshirts, from what i understand, will be remaindered to the emporium, albeit with a surcharge.
only the small sized shirt will be discounted as none were sold at the venue.

Brilliant! That's great thanks for your help. I'll keep an eye out on the website then. Hope all goes well at Battersea

This is a good representation of what the atmosphere was like for the most part, the exception being the first 3 songs, the last 3 songs and 1 or 2 others in the middle.

I was at the front, and even there, the dip in the middle of the set is impossible to miss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to tonight in London but must admit this playlist doesn't do much for me ...
I've been hoping for some surprises at the Hull gig...
:)

I wish he'd stop doing this. Every time seems more desperate. He's above it all.

Throwing the shirt is stupid in the first place as it could and does cause injury , to then post footage of people thrashing around on the floor like starving people for a loaf of bread is just ridiculous, would he be proud if someone received a broken limb?

Record companies aren't going to be buying "What She Said" and nor will they make a penny from his ticket sales. They will be buying material, which even if it exists, he has yet to showcase live, for reasons one can only speculate upon.

Added to that he has just announced he is walking away from live dates in the UK. Why on earth would a British label touch him anyway? He won't tour an album here, which whether he likes it or not - apparently not - should still be an important market for him.

It's been said on here scores, perhaps hundreds of times, over the last decade. He is perceived as toxic, and correctly so in my opinion. The material is average to poor since Quarry, and the attendant trouble he drags around behind him like Marley's chains means he isn't worth either the monetary risk or the mental aggravation. He could have an argument in a telephone box.

I wouldn't let him look after my cat, let alone write him a huge cheque. You'd need to be bonkers.

Last edited:
Brilliant gig. Better than last time in Hull. Right near the front. Morrisey at his political best. Won't be eating meat this Sunday lunch after that video.

TTY: ​Mania at Morrissey concert in Hull, 18 September​ 2015
http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_150920_01

This is so funny thanks for filming it "Karl" what a coincidence that budget boy Ryanair has stumbled across it during his hectic schedule watching utube clips of Uncle Has Been.
Yes this kind of shit used to be really embarrassing but not anymore, this is pure comedy gold entertainment as far as I am concerned and long may it continue for the last two remaining United KingDum performances of Silly Salford Steven the big international tough puff born and braised at the Salford school of hard knocks (stop laughing this is serious ((to Silly Steven )).
Wow ! There's some serious heavy mania going down here at the front isn't there ? Every time I see mania on this scale at Silly Steven's performances I think to myself has the world gone mad ? These are scenes of a biblical level ! What kind of record label in their right minds wouldn't want to invest their millions in some heavy-adult-hardcore-ultra-cult-Silly-Steven-mania ? What does Steve have to do to prove he can still compete with the young bloods ? It's ridiculous, it really is, if I had any spare wonga knocking around I'd definitely invest it in some of this " mania " malarky. The KingDum will miss this national treasure when he is gone if he chooses to carry out his threat but whatever the outcome his spirit won't be broken because there's nothing left to break this is a man that publicly took on cancer and won. He's not a man ! He's Silly Steven.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

i would like to add on here as my one and only posting that Fridays gig in Hull had the best sound i can ever remember at a live gig, i did however walk away feeling slightly disappointed by the set list and felt for the causal Moz fan of which i include myself it lacked 2 or 3 smiths tunes or even the better Moz songs, playboys, November etc.. it felt like an opportunity missed to me and for £50 i personally would not bother again... i know many people especially on here will be diehard Morrissey fans who still see him as godlike but in terms of music in 2015 he's just someone who was once in a very good group in the 80's and had a few solo hits, a bit like a Paul Weller or Ian McCulloch... i appreciate many 80's artists are stuck between a rock and a hard place for if they play stuff from years back they regarded are hasbeens living off the past yet in the main the audiences go to hear the hits and not the newer stuff which is usually just a substandard version of the old hits... the performance by Morrissey was good, the band very competent and the sound as mentioned before was excellent, the crowd on the whole further back from the first 6 or 7 rows seemed to me to be underwhelmed by a good 75% of the set... it certainly wasn't a bad gig by any stretch of the imagination, it was good... but it could have been brilliant!

i dare say cooking Vinyl will sign Morrissey at some point as that's where most 80's artists go to die...

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom