IANADOAC 2nd week UK charts

I Am Not A Dog On A Chain has dropped from #3 in its first week in the Top 100 Albums to out in its second week.

Also:
Dropped from #1 to #16 in the Official Physical Albums Chart Top 100
Dropped from #1 to #8 in the Official Independent Albums Chart Top 50
Dropped from #2 to #26 in the Official Vinyl Albums Chart Top 40

Related item:

Hang on... he’s out of the top 100 after ONE WEEK?

WHAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAA!!

Remember when you took the piss out of Johnny Marr when his album dropped to number 47 after one week, saying even Morrissey hasn’t managed that.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!! Poor Fat Steve. He dug his own fat grave.

Did ya ever notice how folks always incorrectly interpret the information in these charts?
If 5,000 folks bought a Moz record in a certain country, then ya know that 5,000 folks
in that country got some style to'em.

And that’s a lot of of good ol’ turkey stepping going down !

:thumb:

The only bad thing about Fat Steve leaving the Top 100 so incredibly quickly after one week, is that we won’t see him leave the charts again this week. Anyone seen where he is internationally this week?

Q: "Fleaur East's new album didn't even make the 100 . So disappointed"

R: "Don't be - New entries' chart positions are mostly based on anticipated sales, not on actual sales. The chart is actually pretty meaningless. It is only a list of albums that the publishers think you'll buy, nothing else. Checkout the high number of top 10 new entries that vanish the following week never to be seen again."

I know sod all about how these album charts work, but is there any truth in the response to the Fleaur [sic] East comment? It might explain a few things, but not sure if it has any basis at all.
(P.S. I was looking at the UK album chart top 100 and the subsequent comments section).

Q: "Fleaur East's new album didn't even make the 100 . So disappointed"

R: "Don't be - New entries' chart positions are mostly based on anticipated sales, not on actual sales. The chart is actually pretty meaningless. It is only a list of albums that the publishers think you'll buy, nothing else. Checkout the high number of top 10 new entries that vanish the following week never to be seen again."

I know sod all about how these album charts work, but is there any truth in the response to the Fleaur [sic] East comment? It might explain a few things, but not sure if it has any basis at all.
(P.S. I was looking at the UK album chart top 100 and the subsequent comments section).
Nope. The chart is based on sales and streams. He just didn’t get enough of either.

IANADOAL is an uneven album, which has some career highlights (especially Once I Saw The River Clean). Unfortunately Morrissey is now toxic and BMG spent zero in promotion, so this is where we're at: the most forgiving or fundamental or idiotic fanbase buying the album, the rest of the world (including many ex-fans) giving zero f***s. And yes, I did buy the album and I like it or at least parts of it. I give it 7/10.

Besides on this board, I don't think I heard a single thing about this album. Didn't see ads or any articles, didn't hear it on the radio, just a big fat nothing.

Pearl Jam who've sold 60 million or more albums and still sell out stadiums released their new album last week to great reviews. It went top 10 and then completely vanished from the top 100 this week.

IANADOAL is an uneven album, which has some career highlights (especially Once I Saw The River Clean). Unfortunately Morrissey is now toxic and BMG spent zero in promotion, so this is where we're at: the most forgiving or fundamental or idiotic fanbase buying the album, the rest of the world (including many ex-fans) giving zero f***s. And yes, I did buy the album and I like it or at least parts of it. I give it 7/10.

I don't know if you know how bad UK politics is right now. But Moz should be proud that the chatterati decided he was toxic in the years Labour was imploding in a factional racism row that just keeps getting worse. Nothing Moz has ever said will be more disgusting.

And the EU isn't in a great place either.

Fans who deserted him are very easily swayed by the media & not that smart.

I don't know if you know how bad UK politics is right now. But Moz should be proud that the chatterati decided he was toxic in the years Labour was imploding in a factional racism row that just keeps getting worse. Nothing Moz has ever said will be more disgusting.
And the EU isn't in a great place either.
Fans who deserted him are very easily swayed by the media & not that smart.

You're completely wrong there, Neejerk. Fans who have deserted him are (like any decent human being) simply disgusted by his racism, and his support for a far-right party that even Nigel Farage described as too extreme. Most of the decent people that ever liked him have moved on.

You're completely wrong there, Neejerk. Fans who have deserted him are (like any decent human being) simply disgusted by his racism, and his support for a far-right party that even Nigel Farage described as too extreme. Most of the decent people that ever liked him have moved on.

They should be more disgusted by the rest of UK politics.

Nige only said what he said about Anne Marie because he didn't want UKIP to be about religion (he didn't say it about FB), Anne Marie got obsessed with religion because she spent too much time looking at religious based injustices. She formed a marginal party that will get nowhere & she herself has marginal identities, as does Moz. Who said barely a word about them, doesn't vote, doesn't campaign...

Where have those 'decent' people moved on to? The Labour Party which is very unlikely to survive the EHRC investigation into allegations of racism.

Or The Tories with its Windrush & immigration scandals.

The Greens with their Halal slaughter row & the eco fascism stuff.

Or are they all lib-dems?

Really, if they can look at all that & think they have to desert Morrissey, they're idiots.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom