IANADOAC 2nd week UK charts

I Am Not A Dog On A Chain has dropped from #3 in its first week in the Top 100 Albums to out in its second week.

Also:
Dropped from #1 to #16 in the Official Physical Albums Chart Top 100
Dropped from #1 to #8 in the Official Independent Albums Chart Top 50
Dropped from #2 to #26 in the Official Vinyl Albums Chart Top 40

Related item:

Ok but Bob Dylan just went #1 and likely to stay another week then yours truly, and he’s never been commercial, and if y’all don’t care then why in the previous 21 pages of you and that member with the “Interview With A Vampire” avi fighting with everyone that has a different prospective of moz’s declining longevity.

Clearly, you do give a f***...
The sales of the brilliant I am not a Dog were indeed genuinely bad. I’m fairly convinced the ‘pandemic’ had less impact than some would suggest. Indeed, for an artist like Morrissey it should’ve been an opportunity. But the taste makers (who helped make a lesser album, Quarry, a success) snuffed poor Dog out.

Morrissey’s immediate prospects are bleak. Unlike Nerak, I’m not convinced that he’s going to get a record contract of the type he feels he deserves. And I’m not sure he’s willing to drop down a division and accept the terms of the lesser labels.

More likely, he will wait until the world wants him again. And it will happen: the tide will go out. It will take the effluent mess of contemporary vitriol and talentless celebrities with it. When it does, a handful of ‘greats’ will be revealed, more clearly defined and obvious than ever. And Morrissey will be amongst that few. He will have his last hurrah.

Just as we look back and question those who questioned talents like Johnny Ray, the future won’t be kind to those who tried to deny them Morrissey.

As Camus noticed, ‘absolute justice is achieved by the suppression of all contradiction: therefore it destroys freedom.’ When the world comes to prize freedom again (and it will), it will love Morrissey. That’s ‘Morrissey’. Remember his name.

Actually, Moz haven’t done anything to me.. I just think his new album charting is tragic, wanted to say my two cents, that’s all

And my points still stands for Bob Dylan.

Wanted to gloat - & it doesn't stand.

Thank You, Moz stans are so delusional it’s almost sad but watch the next album do the exact same thing and with no pandemic excuse to use, it’s gonna be utter hilarious...

MARK. MY. WORDS.
Dude, never mind marking your words, there wont be a next album. For a vaguely respectable record deal you need to sell 100,000 worldwide. Steve has always done this easily (over a million for Quarry) but after officialy endorsing a bunch of far right extremists and declaring a preference for his own race, over half his fan base told him to f*** off, and the radio stations and wider world of indie clubs, record shops and websites will no longer have anything to do with him. He now cant even sell 50,000.

The sales of the brilliant I am not a Dog were indeed genuinely bad. I’m fairly convinced the ‘pandemic’ had less impact than some would suggest. Indeed, for an artist like Morrissey it should’ve been an opportunity. But the taste makers (who helped make a lesser album, Quarry, a success) snuffed poor Dog out.

Morrissey’s immediate prospects are bleak. Unlike Nerak, I’m not convinced that he’s going to get a record contract of the type he feels he deserves. And I’m not sure he’s willing to drop down a division and accept the terms of the lesser labels.

More likely, he will wait until the world wants him again. And it will happen: the tide will go out. It will take the effluent mess of contemporary vitriol and talentless celebrities with it. When it does, a handful of ‘greats’ will be revealed, more clearly defined and obvious than ever. And Morrissey will be amongst that few. He will have his last hurrah.

Just as we look back and question those who questioned talents like Johnny Ray, the future won’t be kind to those who tried to deny them Morrissey.

As Camus noticed, ‘absolute justice is achieved by the suppression of all contradiction: therefore it destroys freedom.’ When the world comes to prize freedom again (and it will), it will love Morrissey. That’s ‘Morrissey’. Remember his name.

It's not that bleak - since J K's blog post every UK hack over 40 now knows what it's like to think you're making a reasonable point only to be denounced as an evil bigot who no one should associate with.

If he sorts his head out & hits his contact book, he shouldn't find it that hard to worm his way back in.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not that bleak - since J K's blog post every UK hack over 40 now knows what it's like to think you're making a reasonable point only to be denounced as an evil bigot who no one should associate with.

If he sorts his head out & hits his contact book, he shouldn't find it that hard to worm his way back in.
He's never been out and any sensible person knows this,
"I haven't been away, I am still right here where I always was..."

Dude, never mind marking your words, there wont be a next album. For a vaguely respectable record deal you need to sell 100,000 worldwide. Steve has always done this easily (over a million for Quarry) but after officialy endorsing a bunch of far right extremists and declaring a preference for his own race, over half his fan base told him to f*** off, and the radio stations and wider world of indie clubs, record shops and websites will no longer have anything to do with him. He now cant even sell 50,000.
Bit over the top negativity there, Moz will do what he want's and if he want's a deal he'll find one. Interestingly Moz was on Radio 4 Xtra Desert Island Discs Revisited on Mon evening for 45 minutes, so quite a lengthy show for someone who in your words the radio stations will have nothing to do with. (Original show was broadcast when Moz was 50!)

That simply can’t be true. Morrissey got a deal with Harvest and I’m sure Refusal (which preceded it) didn’t sell anywhere near 100,000. Likewise, World Peace wasn’t even close to 50,000 from what I remember, but Morrissey got a deal with BMG. Certain artists bring a gravitas which record companies effectively want to buy.

Last hurrah or not, can he at least go to the studio make an another “Vauxhall & I” or an more upbeat album before leaving to complete irrelevance

Last edited:
Last hurrah or not, can he at least go to the studio make an another “Vauxhall & I” before leaving to complete irrelevance
That’s a contradiction: You want him to Immediately precede irrelevance with more popular greatness? I get the feeling you just like opportunities to say ‘complete irrelevance’.

Aside from Vauxhall, is there another long player which tickles your fancy?

That’s a contradiction: You want him to Immediately precede irrelevance with more popular greatness? I get the feeling you just like opportunities to say ‘complete irrelevance’.

Aside from Vauxhall, is there another long player which tickles your fancy?

Well, he’s not there right there yet but he will be fortunately, so he might as well make albums worthy of my attention.

And “Vauxhall” is my fave Moz album, and no I’m not a ticklish at the slightest.

Well, he’s not there right there yet but he will be fortunately, so he might as well make albums worthy of my attention.

And “Vauxhall” is my fave Moz album, and no I’m not a ticklish at the slightest.
I can see you’re cantankerous and don’t like Morrissey very much: you’ll fit right in here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see your cantankerous and don’t like Morrissey very much: you’ll fit right in here.

Well, at least you get it, Moz is a music legend with an tainted legacy which I cannot deny that.

So their an possibility of “old dog” getting an deluxe version? Because that album had some delicious pop gems and I want more..

That simply can’t be true. Morrissey got a deal with Harvest and I’m sure Refusal (which preceded it) didn’t sell anywhere near 100,000. Likewise, World Peace wasn’t even close to 50,000 from what I remember, but Morrissey got a deal with BMG. Certain artists bring a gravitas which record companies effectively want to buy.
Dude, you're confusing UK sales with worldwide. The 100,000 quoted is worldwide. Refusal went silver in the UK meaning at least 60,000 here. UK market is normally a third of all sales so probably around 200,000 worldwide. Morrissey once brought gravitas for sure. Now he just brings toxic, idiotic, badly thought-out political views, a radio station boycott, and a rapidly crumbling worldwide fanbase.

Last hurrah or not, can he at least go to the studio make an another “Vauxhall & I” or an more upbeat album before leaving to complete irrelevance
He cant go anywhere near a studio (with a record deal at least) until he unambiguously retracts his support for far-right political groups. No one wants to know. End of.

Dude, you're confusing UK sales with worldwide. The 100,000 quoted is worldwide. Refusal went silver in the UK meaning at least 60,000 here. UK market is normally a third of all sales so probably around 200,000 worldwide. Morrissey once brought gravitas for sure. Now he just brings toxic, idiotic, badly thought-out political views, a radio station boycott, and a rapidly crumbling worldwide fanbase.
I stand corrected on sales figures—I was thinking of UK sales. And whilst I don’t find Morrissey ‘toxic’ I accept he’s short on friends now—especially as we are in the midst of a poisonous globalisation agenda.

But some fans are better than others. The ones that are staying are the only ones he needs really. And I think he’s happy with just the one mansion.

He probably won’t get a five star Recording contract, but the rest is up to him. His creative fate is still in his hands.

He cant go anywhere near a studio (with a record deal at least) until he unambiguously retracts his support for far-right political groups. No one wants to know. End of.

Wow!, so you think no label will sign him? I wouldn't to be honest unless he backtracks...

Morrissey will have to lower his standards, if he wants a new contract. So far he has not settled for less than a major label contract with big advances. He has publicly stated that he always wants a deal with "grown-up record company" and money in front, so the label must push the album to get their money back. If he still wants those things, getting a new deal might be very difficult, since the gravitas that Hovis Lesley mentioned has pretty much been tainted with his recent antics. Nowadays he's more of a liability to any company.

Another thing is, if he even wants to do a new album any time soon. After all he has released three albums in 30 months, which is pretty heady going for an artist in his sixties.

He should do a DINKED edition via Etienne

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom