IANADOAC 2nd week UK charts

I Am Not A Dog On A Chain has dropped from #3 in its first week in the Top 100 Albums to out in its second week.

Also:
Dropped from #1 to #16 in the Official Physical Albums Chart Top 100
Dropped from #1 to #8 in the Official Independent Albums Chart Top 50
Dropped from #2 to #26 in the Official Vinyl Albums Chart Top 40

Related item:

Dude, you're confusing UK sales with worldwide. The 100,000 quoted is worldwide. Refusal went silver in the UK meaning at least 60,000 here. UK market is normally a third of all sales so probably around 200,000 worldwide. Morrissey once brought gravitas for sure. Now he just brings toxic, idiotic, badly thought-out political views, a radio station boycott, and a rapidly crumbling worldwide fanbase.
Not that crumbling, you’re still fascinated evidently

Just to note that my local Sainsburys has IANADOAC at number 38 currently. Which I know is completely absurd, but it makes me smile.

I'm bumping this to bring forth his USA Billboard 200 charting... because this is also embarrassing

World Peace Is None of Your Business : #14
Low in High School : #20
California Son: #95 (LOL)
I Am Not a Dog on a Chain: Error: File not found '

@Radis Noir now explain to me, how do you go from top 15 to not even charting in the span of 4 albums....

I'm bumping this to bring forth his USA Billboard 200 charting... because this is also embarrassing

World Peace Is None of Your Business : #14
Low in High School : #20
California Son: #95 (LOL)
I Am Not a Dog on a Chain: Error: File not found '

@Radis Noir now explain to me, how do you go from top 15 to not even charting in the span of 4 albums....
Two reasons I think. The first is that between World Peace and Dog Morrissey issued a number of statements that were seen by much of his fanbase (and indeed people who were not necessarily fans but who might buy his albums) as racist and right-wing. My view is that his fanbase were, on the whole, politically central and left wing, precisely the sorts of people who would take great umbrage at such statements.
Secondly, I think the quality of his music has declined. World Peace was a half-decent album, LIHS was a quarter-decent album, but (and I realise that on here at least I'm very much in a minority) I thought Dog was possibly his worst ever album. Plus, neither label nor artist seemed terribly interested in promoting the album, and very few radio stations (notably the BBC) seemed interested in playing songs from the album, possibly because of his being perceived as a racist, right-wing mouthpiece.
It's a brave label that would take him on now.

Two reasons I think. The first is that between World Peace and Dog Morrissey issued a number of statements that were seen by much of his fanbase (and indeed people who were not necessarily fans but who might buy his albums) as racist and right-wing. My view is that his fanbase were, on the whole, politically central and left wing, precisely the sorts of people who would take great umbrage at such statements.
Secondly, I think the quality of his music has declined. World Peace was a half-decent album, LIHS was a quarter-decent album, but (and I realise that on here at least I'm very much in a minority) I thought Dog was possibly his worst ever album. Plus, neither label nor artist seemed terribly interested in promoting the album, and very few radio stations (notably the BBC) seemed interested in playing songs from the album, possibly because of his being perceived as a racist, right-wing mouthpiece.
Statements were not simply seen as right wing. He publicly endorsed and urged others to vote for a right wing (and arguably far right) political parry. It couldn't have been more blatant.

It's not so much a brave label that would take him on. More a label that can break even with just 10,000 UK sales and 30,000 worldwide. Pre- For Britain endorsement, you knew a Morrissey album would shift 50,000 UK and 150,000 worldwide, even when it was as poor as High School.

Personally I enjoyed “Dog”, in fact its somewhat his best overall decent effort since “Years” and if I’m gonna be honest Moz peaked rather early in terms of quality, after “Vauxhall” the quality It started to go downhill gradually until the mid 2010’s 💀

Moz’s political & racist has completely ruined his career that even if he backtracks from this, it would seem as “too little, too late” it’s honestly a shame... in his younger years Moz’s was at least likable in the 80’s where you look at now, the different periods seem like different people.

Oh well...

Personally I enjoyed “Dog”, in fact its somewhat his best overall decent effort since “Years” and if I’m gonna be honest Moz peaked rather early in terms of quality, after “Vauxhall” the quality It started to go downhill gradually until the mid 2010’s 💀

Moz’s political & racist has completely ruined his career that even if he backtracks from this, it would seem as “too little, too late” it’s honestly a shame... in his younger years Moz’s was at least likable in the 80’s where you look at now, the different periods seem like different people.

Oh well...
I think the album is poor. The songs themselves aren't too bad but they are ruined by Chiccarelli's insistence on trying to throw at them every gimmicky production and arrangement technique he can. The mastering is fairly poor as well which means I find it a struggle to listen to. But as I say, that's very much a minority view on here.

I think the album is poor. The songs themselves aren't too bad but they are ruined by Chiccarelli's insistence on trying to throw at them every gimmicky production and arrangement technique he can. The mastering is fairly poor as well which means I find it a struggle to listen to. But as I say, that's very much a minority view on here.

Understandable.... especially when the album has it's mainstream pop moments which a handful reviews called Moz a damn sellout lol but I think that's why the album is somewhat enjoyable to me, even the positive reviews were dragging the songwriting quality.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom