Ideas for Morrissey birthday card

Ok, so I'm kind of halfway through the card. I decided to not do a traditional folded one, but instead use an A4 piece of light blue card with the main Morrissey stuff on the front and my birthday message for her on the back. The front is a black-and-white picture of him leaning against a brick wall, with a speech bubble saying "I've come to wish you an unhappy birthday!". Her name with ellipses is above the picture, and I've put a quote below it. So far it's very basic (I printed the picture and text out from Microsoft Word) but I'm going to try and pretty it up with some fine-line pens and bits and pieces in a minute. I'll post a picture when I'm finished. :)

I think Morrissey showed a lack of dignity when he posed like that....
A true "jumped the shark" moment, as they say.

But I think the card is pretty clever.

THIS I agree with. :thumb:

Girl with thorn, you can make me a card anytime, id never complain. :lbf:

I'm done! I spent most of the afternoon and evening on it and I think it's to a reasonable standard (at least for someone like me who is useless at art). :p

I've not yet stuck the two sides together- I used two different colours of card and I'm waiting for the 'paint' (read: watercolour pencil) to dry on the yellow one, which would be the back of the card. That one wasn't originally meant to be inspired by the cover of Mozipedia, but the idea of using a silhouette sprang into my head when I started on it and I used the picture on the book to help me.

PS- The second picture attatched is of the little detail I drew in the corners of the blue part of the card, and the third is the gold outline I did on the writing, although you can't see it very well. Please excuse the poor quality pictures. :) I may do a bit more, but I don't want to overdo it.

Last edited:
That is SO not crap!!! It's so cute! I would be thrilled to receive such a card. Good job! :thumb: :D

I just got here! No crap! It's larbly! I wish someone would make me a card like that. :D

wow, thats one GREAT card.
well done. :)

Thanks guys! I hope she appreciates it too. Although when I told her I was making her a card she said she wanted someone naked on it. However by that time I'd finished, so it was a bit late to use the 7" picture. :p Instead I just drew a naked stick man and wrote "Moz says that's absolutely vile" next to it. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom