Morrissey Central "IF THERE’S SOMETHING" (October 9, 2021)

IF THERE'S SOMETHING YOU'D LIKE TO TRY
ASTLEY, ASTLEY, ASTLEY

Img_2021_10_10_13_01_49.jpeg

"My sincere thanks to Rick and the Blossoms for their recent recentness.
Anything that generates interest in
that tired old Smiths warhorse is testimony to the wallop it packed.
THANK YOU!"

-Morrissey, October 2021.

Regards,
FWD.

(Article first noticed by @Gregor Samsa & @Surface - their posts remain in original thread as being discussed there too).

Subsequent to the above (October 11, 2021):

RICK BLOSSOM AND THE ASTLEYS

You don't care yet you have posted 20 times in this thread lol.

That doesn’t make any sense. I don’t care what M thinks of A as a person, what is the relationship of that statement to how many times I posted in this thread ?

Last edited:
Another post via Central - nothing new so added here:

RICK BLOSSOM AND THE ASTLEYS

FWD.

Informative.

The Smiths, Rick Blossom and The Astleys could never be.

God, Ricks delivery borders on the camp, can see his performance giving M a giggle. Though, great segue from ‘Boy with a’ into ‘Coma’.

More love. More appreciation for and attention to this, by all accounts, wonderful tribute show. Very gracious of Moz. I could just imagine what this must do the head sizes of Rick and the Blossoms. 😁 Especially the Blossoms as they are young lads.
🙌🏻

Yes, I’m curious to see if Johnny will tweet about it. At first he thought it was ‘funny and horrible at the same time’.

I’m sure A & Blossoms appreciate these Central posts, though I can imagine they felt a bit gutted to hear that he was actually just down the road attending an Echobelly show instead, yes, I’m sure he had his reasons for that decision. Though I guess these Central posts will make up for that.

Yes, I’m curious to see if Johnny will tweet about it. At first he thought it was ‘funny and horrible at the same time’.

I’m sure A & Blossoms appreciate these Central posts, though I can imagine they felt a bit gutted to hear that he was actually just down the road attending an Echobelly show instead, yes, I’m sure he had his reasons for that decision. Though I guess these Central posts will make up for that.
I think they’d rather have praise than mere attendance. Preferably both, but not everyone can have both

I think they’d rather have praise than mere attendance. Preferably both, but not everyone can have both

of course.

Especially when it comes to M. He is a living icon after all, something very few attain.

Great response by Morrissey, although I sometimes find it difficult to ascertain whether he is being completely serious or the message should be taken with a grain of salt. At least he doesn't seem to be upset or angry, which proves quite a few people wrong.

Echobelly announced their tour dates in June, so it may not have been a last minute decision to attend the concert, especially as Morrissey has spoken highly of Echobelly in the past. I wonder if Morrissey sent out some spies to the gigs to make sure that Rick Astley and Blossoms weren't slandering or ridiculing him before typing the message (especially after the whole Simpsons debacle)?

Have Rick Astley and/or Blossoms already acknowledged Morrissey's message? I might be wrong, but I got the impression that the journalist doing that recent interview with Rick was putting words in Rick's mouth or at least pressured him to say those clichéd things about Morrissey. I guess that Rick never really managed to shake SAW's influence and avoids confrontation and controversy at all costs. But I think that Rick is probably elated to hear that his idol approves!
i think he did send spies out to the gig:

best solo post of the century! :thumb:

You sure about that honey? I mean I've been disrespecting the House of Morrissey since 1511, so there's a lot to choose from...
You just 🍼 weren't born I guess...

Morrissey needed to go balls deep on this and he has, so fair play to the man. It was presented as a chance to pay loving homage and that's exactly what unfolded last night. Rick Astley and Blossoms tore the roof offa da mofo Forum in London Town. The remixes of 'Bobby' & the A$AP collab point the way out of the doldrums impasse, a new course to steer towards Burning Down The House, setting fire to this largely sanctimonious, priggish poseur fan base and finding a fresh one . It's been pure unalloyed joy to watch the self-appointed curators of The Smiths and their complex legacy spontaneously combust on these threads. Morrissey could become a national 'Forgiveness Project' on fcUKin steroids if he plays his remaining cards right and just stops being an arse, accepts that the Britain First (For Britain?) clownery was a troll too far and sincerely apologise. Nobody is beyond redemption in Catholic theology, Steven...you can begin with an exclusively Black pre-gig playlist to get rid of the racists then RISE! Or you can writhe to the grave regretting the talents you've largely wasted by focusing on venomous bile like a spoilt child who wants the whole birthday cake. It's not as if you iz even that good, mt8. Surely you've looked out from the stage some nights and realised there's probably 'somebody' here who's literally light years more talented, an Interdimensional Intergalactic Elvis who simply refuses to tolerate the loss of privacy and freedom that even your basic-bitch C List also-ran 80s Fane Whoring briefly conferred? Only empty living ghoul zombies crave squalid 'fame'. Jeff Buckley. Nick Drake, it's not the career or the success yardsticks that'll matter when you're croaking, it's the music of the spheres you failed to inaugurate. (Coldplay...fcukin do one!!!!) The nod to Keaton is a start but let your inner Frank Hvam free. We'll all be a long time dead and you've still time to save your soul via Dad Rock'n' Rick-Rolling with the blows Fortuna bestows. Heaven knows you're a stand-up comic figure now, like it or no, so...go for it...

Best

BB

-thee posthumous (?) Pope of Pop, Punk Rock & Prog... with an archly knowing, reverential ironic nod to Sly Stone, Lee Perry and Thelonious Monk....

'Without music, life would be a mistake ' Friedrich Nietzsche

'Hey! Mister! Smell my finger!' George Clinton...

Bum boy, did you fall asleep and have a nightmare as you wrote that random and rancid rubbish? Because I fell asleep reading it.

You sure about that honey? I mean I've been disrespecting the House of Morrissey since 1511, so there's a lot to choose from...
You just 🍼 weren't born I guess...

I’m familiar with your posts, that I usually scroll past. We’re all just posting our opinions here, it means very little.
Morrissey will be remembered as a great artist long after we’re all dead. That’s not an opinion, that’s a fact, a fact that the haters here on solo just can’t tolerate, which I find very amusing.

VIVA MOZ !!!

:tiphat:

Has it ever occurred to you that they have met pre/post the gig?

I don't care either way to be honest

Ok, but if you and the other skinnybots can’t back up the false accusations that you’re making against me, then it just proves that you have nothing, and are simply pulling shit out of your ass, simply because you don’t agree with my opinions in general.

Anna Calvi too. But I think Sack were the best. James Maker was good too.

I still have to give Sack another chance. I remember talking with Morrissey, and he asked if I liked Sack ? I nodded my head disapprovingly, meaning I didn’t care for them, he said in return, something along the lines of, that should care and should give them another listen.

What do you recommend of theirs?

Edit: though, I probably still won’t like them, lol.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom