Imperfect List

Irregular Regular

Forget my fate.
You can't help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies.

We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway shown, with 97 dead. Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald's and Kentucky Fried shit every day.

Joyce and Rourke were mere session musicians, as readily replaceable as the parts in a lawnmower.

I see no difference between eating animals and paedophilia.

f*** Morrissey-Solo.com

If you believe in the abattoir then you would support Auschwitz. There is no difference.

Your loss jew boy. (alleged)

If you are travelling through San Francisco International Airport you must be ready for a full sexual attack by people who claim to have your interests at heart. It is unlikely that ISIS would stoop so low.

In truth, the Youngest is an unavoidable #1 single - as was You Have Killed Me. By my very presence alone (music apart), my time is Now.

Years of Refusal, Ringleader Of The Tormentors and You Are The Quarry are my best three albums (subsequently topped by World Peace Is None Of Your Business).

To name but ten...

You can't help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies. TRUE

We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway shown, with 97 dead. Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald's and Kentucky Fried shit every day. TRUE

Joyce and Rourke were mere session musicians, as readily replaceable as the parts in a lawnmower. TRUE

I see no difference between eating animals and paedophilia. TRUE

f*** Morrissey-Solo.com TRUE

If you believe in the abattoir then you would support Auschwitz. There is no difference. TRUE

Your loss jew boy. (alleged) IF TRUE, AND?

If you are travelling through San Francisco International Airport you must be ready for a full sexual attack by people who claim to have your interests at heart. It is unlikely that ISIS would stoop so low. HIS OPINION, HE'S ENTITLED

In truth, the Youngest is an unavoidable #1 single - as was You Have Killed Me. By my very presence alone (music apart), my time is Now. WHO ARE YOU TO SAY OTHERWISE?

Years of Refusal, Ringleader Of The Tormentors and You Are The Quarry are my best three albums (subsequently topped by World Peace Is None Of Your Business). f*** OFF.

To name but ten...

You're an idiot.

My eyes glazed over half way through but he certainly didn't say the lawnmower one. The judge in the trial implied that was how Morrissey viewed Mikanandy.

KILT-GALFSET.jpg

You have kilt me.

I actually understand the paedophilia one. The only reason people object is because they (generally tend to) think paedophilia is a bad thing. So they want to feel that torturing and killing innocent animals because "bacon tastes good" or some other moronic statement is okay because they like to do it, they have the power to do it, and it is, so far, still acceptable. But morally, it is equivalent.

About the "Chinese are a subspecies" thing... he was trolling for attention. I do think conditions for animals in China are visibly worse than in the US, but then if you start to look into it, sometimes "we" are just as cruel but it's not in an open marketplace. It's a cultural thing. And I'll tell you, when some animal rights friends start talking about places where they eat dogs and it must stop, I always point out that eating meat is the problem, not just eating dogs.

And f*** morrissey-solo... really? Who cares? That's not my fight. I do think Morrissey is a closeted racist who attempted to profit from the Paris attacks, and did not care about it at all except as it affected him, but I've been listening to his music the past few days to see if I still like it, and it turns out I do. He has certainly added more to my life than this website has. That's not even disrespecting this website. It is just a plain and obvious fact. No one travels and waits in line to see what's going to happen on morrissey-solo.

Now, on the other hand, if Brummie Boy wrote a book, which he probably has done, I would gladly buy it, and I wouldn't buy a book Morrissey wrote for two cents.

Listing out someone's imperfections?

Listing out someone's imperfections?

No, listing a few examples of things that sadly make me grow further and further apart from Morrissey as the years go by.
These comments, along with the inevitable decline in the quality of his lyrics and music over the last decade or so.

The list is not borne out of hatred, more out of sadness.
There was a 'perfect list' thread started at almost the same time, yet strangely people have chosen not to focus on that one.

But of course, I am an idiot, so what should I expect?

These examples are all fairly recent, was there anything you felt was imperfect in the early 90s?

These examples are all fairly recent, was there anything you felt was imperfect in the early 90s?

Yes, there was the odd comment or two, and I would just brush them off and let them go over my head, because in the overall scheme of things they were small blemishes on something that in my opinion was very close to perfection.
There is no coincidence in the fact that most of the examples are fairly recent, I believe Moz has gradually but significantly changed, and not for the better, in the last 10/11 years.
It is my opinion, nothing else, and believe me when I say that I take no joy in observing/stating these things.

Lets just say I had a family member say these things in public or to a crowd. They weren't things I feel or would say. In fact I think they are statements that actually do more harm than good considering the statements base message is one of caring but camouflaged with extremisism. The reality is I still have care and love for my family member but would clearly start limiting my time and exposure to to this family member. If I had to read this list to a child, how could I explain this to them. How would I explain that this is an appropriate whay to express yourself for the things you believe in.

So for this poster to express this is not beyond the realm of humans emotion and I don't find it inappropriate at all considering he actually added his own criticism and merely let the morrisseys words stand on their own.

I do find it funny that some people just can't say, "I do not agree with these statements morrissey made and I think it is wrong ". I think those statements are wrong. Why can't someone say that. I don't lose any previous connection or feelings I had , yeah I might not be making any future ones but that is just how life goes.

What type of person wouldn't think those statements are wrong. Maybe someone who agrees. Maybe someone who does not agree but remains silent which is a defacto support of the statement. Maybe someone who is so linvested in it that they cant overlook these thing as it may change their world too much to acknowledge this is wrong.

To those who say "it's conscious and being extreme to make a point", fair enough but just know what methodology you are accepting. The recent Paris and San Bernardino terrorist assaults were done by people who believed in some thing and similarly they followed, "it's conscious and being extreme to make a point". Physically different but emotionally just as extreme.

What type of person wouldn't think those statements are wrong? Maybe someone who agrees. Maybe someone who does not agree but remains silent which is a defacto support of the statement. Maybe someone who is so invested in it that they cant overlook these thing as it may change their world too much to acknowledge this is wrong.

:clap:

KILT-GALFSET.jpg

You have kilt me.

I actually understand the paedophilia one. The only reason people object is because they (generally tend to) think paedophilia is a bad thing. So they want to feel that torturing and killing innocent animals because "bacon tastes good" or some other moronic statement is okay because they like to do it, they have the power to do it, and it is, so far, still acceptable. But morally, it is equivalent.

About the "Chinese are a subspecies" thing... he was trolling for attention. I do think conditions for animals in China are visibly worse than in the US, but then if you start to look into it, sometimes "we" are just as cruel but it's not in an open marketplace. It's a cultural thing. And I'll tell you, when some animal rights friends start talking about places where they eat dogs and it must stop, I always point out that eating meat is the problem, not just eating dogs.

And f*** morrissey-solo... really? Who cares? That's not my fight. I do think Morrissey is a closeted racist who attempted to profit from the Paris attacks, and did not care about it at all except as it affected him, but I've been listening to his music the past few days to see if I still like it, and it turns out I do. He has certainly added more to my life than this website has. That's not even disrespecting this website. It is just a plain and obvious fact. No one travels and waits in line to see what's going to happen on morrissey-solo.

Now, on the other hand, if Brummie Boy wrote a book, which he probably has done, I would gladly buy it, and I wouldn't buy a book Morrissey wrote for two cents.

"online biographies have also appeared. Unlike books and films, they often do not tell a chronological narrative: instead they are archives of many discrete media elements related to an individual person, including video clips, photographs, and text articles. Biography-Portraits were created in 2001, by the German artist Ralph Ueltzhoeffer. Media scholar Lev Manovich says that such archives exemplify the database form, allowing users to navigate the materials in many ways."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biography#Recent_years

'The Stages Of Celebrity

http://etheses.bham.ac.uk/4108/1/Toothill13MPhil.pdf

It's obvious you have changed rather than Moz, as he's made the exact kind of silly statements for a good 30 years now.
To me it's always been the music that matters and less the man, great as I think he is.

It's obvious you have changed rather than Moz, as he's made the exact kind of silly statements for a good 30 years now.
To me it's always been the music that matters and less the man, great as I think he is.

I think you are absolutely right. But I would say rather than changing, I have just learned more about him personally. It is true, it is about the music, but in this day and age the music is overshadowed by these statements at a rapid pace and ease at which they are released and reach us (even though he may have been saying the same things for years).

Of course I have changed!!
I expect most of the people who have been fans since the 80s will have changed. We were teenagers back then, it would be sad to think that we have not changed at least a bit since those days.
But back to the real topic being discussed...
Are you seriously dismissing those (mostly) unhinged comments as 'silly statements'? Do you seriously believe Moz has not changed? Do you really believe his last 4 albums are better than anything he did in the 80s and up to the mid-90s? Is World Peace his best ever album?
If you do believe theses things, then carry on, whatever makes you happy...

I think you are absolutely right. But I would say rather than changing, I have just learned more about him personally. It is true, it is about the music, but in this day and age the music is overshadowed by these statements at a rapid pace and ease at which they are released and reach us (even though he may have been saying the same things for years).
Yes, if you are a new fan than you must have learned many new things about him recently and it can be hard to take.
But IR has been here for years and then I find it hard to believe how he, or some of those idiotic trolls on the main page, can actually think he has changed.

Of course I have changed!!
I expect most of the people who have been fans since the 80s will have changed. We were teenagers back then, it would be sad to think that we have not changed at least a bit since those days.
But back to the real topic being discussed...
Are you seriously dismissing those (mostly) unhinged comments as 'silly statements'? Do you seriously believe Moz has not changed? Do you really believe his last 4 albums are better than anything he did in the 80s and up to the mid-90s? Is World Peace his best ever album?
If you do believe theses things, then carry on, whatever makes you happy...
Well, I thought we were talking quotes here and not music. Of course his last couple of records do not stand up to his best ones, but I don't know any artist who's records do. I just think of all the music I know, The Smiths' and Moz' ranks among the best. That's enough for me, really. Everything of worth he releases now is a bonus, and yes, there have been a few worthwhile things on WP, and on YoR. To expect him to match his standards of The Smiths' days of early solo-days would be idiotic.
Not only of Moz, but of any other artist for that matter.
But of course no artist is going to say: My best work was made 20 years ago. And he's said many times SG is his favourite solo-album, Rank is his favourite Smiths-record and I Keep Mine Hidden his fave Smiths-track, so certainly no changes there.

Last edited:
Yes, if you are a new fan than you must have learned many new things about him recently and it can be hard to take.
But IR has been here for years and then I find it hard to believe how he, or some of those idiotic trolls on the main page, can actually think he has changed.

We all come in at different times and its impact is specific to that time. In a way it becomes timeless. Given this time I document in my blog. I wonder how my perception of this time would have been changed if the current statements were known at the time to me. And how is this current climate shaping new fans.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/entries/1925-16-clumsy-and-shy

Well, I thought we were talking quotes here and not music. Of course his last couple of records do not stand up to his best ones, but I don't know any artist who's records do. I just think of all the music I know, The Smiths' and Moz' ranks among the best. That's enough for me, really. Everything of worth he releases now is a bonus, and yes, there have been a few worthwhile things on WP, and on YoR. To expect him to match his standards of The Smiths' days of early solo-days would be idiotic.
Not only of Moz, but of any other artist for that matter.

I don't think you understand where I am coming from really, but that's ok.
Of course, I also rank The Smiths as the best band in the history of music, and Morrissey until the mid-90s as a close second.
Of course that's enough for me too, I would not be here otherwise, and I would not be as passionate as I am after all these years.
And yes, there are are some decent songs in every album (and b-sides) since 2004, but on the whole his music and lyrics speak to me less and less as time goes by.
Yes, partly because I have changed but also undoubtedly because the songs are simply not as good as they used to be.
And this, coupled with the increasingly frequent statements/rants which I and most people find it impossible to relate to and impossible to align with is what has led to me feeling the way I do.

Back
Top Bottom