Inside The Smiths (youtube)

When youtube tells you to remove a video, do they just message you and tell you? I'm just kind of curiuos, because it seems that a bunch of videos have had to have been removed lately.

I received a message from a user called tibstreetfilms, the same user who put the 'inside the smiths' trailer up.

This was the message:

Please remove all clips from 'inside the smiths' you are in breach of copyright law. I have written to youtube to explain the situation.

I don't know what would of happened if I hadn't removed them but I really like youtube and I have quite a few videos on there so I didn't want to risk being banned from the site so I removed them and sent them a message back, apologising and saying that I wasn't aware that I was breaching any laws. ;)

They sent me this message back:

Ok, thanks, Mark

The documentary was made by a Stephen Petricco and a Mark Standley, but I suppose Mark is quite a common name so it could be anyone.

Last edited:
You are all very welcome :)

I think maybe the mistake I made was putting them all of the clips up at once. I think if I had put them up one by one with some time in between, it would have gone less noticed, for example the first clip I put up was the interview with Craig Gannon. It was up for a couple of days before I added the others and nothing was said about.

Just a little tip for anyone who's considering putting it up in the future ;)

I went to upload alma matters one time cause there was not a good copy on youtube and it was not uploaded there was a comment at the video saying this video is a voilation of our terms and services, something like that.

Well Youtube is being sued right now, so they are probably cracking down.:(

You are all very welcome :)

I think maybe the mistake I made was putting them all of the clips up at once. I think if I had put them up one by one with some time in between, it would have gone less noticed, for example the first clip I put up was the interview with Craig Gannon. It was up for a couple of days before I added the others and nothing was said about.

Just a little tip for anyone who's considering putting it up in the future ;)

They probably felt if people could see it on there no one would buy it.

My suggestion for the next uploader. The titles of the clips could be something like "Having barbecue in my garden" and tags: fun, sausages, bricolage etc.

Back
Top Bottom