Is it OK to feed cats Quorn?

My sister's cats stay at my house a couple of times a week, and I will occasionally give them a bit of Quorn "turkey" which they really really love. Is it OK to do this? My sister is completely anti-vegetarian and says she doesn't want me feeding the cats this "crap". As long as I know it is safe for me to feed them Quorn as an occasional treat then I will continue to do so - however if it is bad for them, I will of course stop.

If its just pure turkey its fine, but just a little as a treat, not as a meal.

I am not sure about Quorn, but milk is bad for cats and everybody thinks it's great, specially for kittens.

I am not sure about Quorn, but milk is bad for cats and everybody thinks it's great, specially for kittens.

I hate how people automatically assume cows milk = kittens.

Milk gives cats diarrhea, at the very least.

Oh.. I thought she was talking about actual Turkey. In that case, I do not know the answer to this question lol. :sick:

As a veggie I find this a tough one.

I feed my pets meat.It would go against nature not to.

There are some cat foods like Chicken Soup for the Cat Lovers Soul that contain carrots, peas, etc.. but, meat is always the main ingredient.

my cat insists on cooked roast chicken breast, tuna (princes only) and waitrose chicken tray cat food. She savages me if I fail to provide these treats. :D

My boys like a nice slug or crunchy snail some evenings.:sick:

Give your local vet a call and find out if Quorn is safe for kitties. There are many things that animals are sensitive to that can make cats and dogs sick or even kill them.

My sister's cats stay at my house a couple of times a week, and I will occasionally give them a bit of Quorn "turkey" which they really really love. Is it OK to do this? My sister is completely anti-vegetarian and says she doesn't want me feeding the cats this "crap". As long as I know it is safe for me to feed them Quorn as an occasional treat then I will continue to do so - however if it is bad for them, I will of course stop.

When I used to give some to my cat she would go BERZERK afterward...as if on catnip.

Back
Top Bottom