It was Twenty Five Years Ago Today

I Unexpectedly met Morrissey in Liverpool, 11th august 1987...And he was a perfect gentleman. ( The person he was with, however, was NOT...sorry, didn't catch Its name at the time...).
I wrote a poem to commemorate the event, and with any luck, I shall post it here....

MozPoem 001.jpg

Re: It was Twenty Five Years Ago Today!!!

... And I Still have the pen he used to sign Autographs!!!...just thought I'd share this....thanx for reading.....

I Unexpectedly met Morrissey in Liverpool, 11th august 1987...And he was a perfect gentleman. ( The person he was with, however, was NOT...sorry, didn't catch Its name at the time...).
I wrote a poem to commemorate the event, and with any luck, I shall post it here....

View attachment 13984
cute poem.

Did you get a photo?

Last edited:

...Longish story ( I have osted it before, somewhere on here..), I will gladly re-tell it again soon, as I am busy today.....thanks for you interest!

I've save you the trouble:)
...It's time the tale were told...........
I was on date with a lady called Pat once in Liverpool ( August 11th, 1987)
And as we were leaving the Adelphi Hotel, I almost bumped into Morrissey.
I was so shocked/surprised at seeing him, I blurted out rather stupidly "You're the singer from the Smiths, aren't you?".....( I think they were in the process of splitting up at the time...).
I asked him to please wait, as I wanted to go back into the hotel, and get some paper, so I could get an autograph.....

The receptionist was a stuffy cow who said I couldn't have a piece, as I was not a paying guest....So, I tore my Cigarette packet into pieces, and Morrissey gave me 3 autographs ( 2 extras, for friends, who were Smiths fans too...)
All the time, A person ( male, unknown name...)who Morrissey was with, kept moaning at him to leave us.....But Morrisey was very nice and patient.....Pat, The lady I was with, had NO idea who Morrissey was, but she Hugged him, and kissed him anyway ( yes, Pat was like that...). She got Morrissey to autograph her arm ( I still have the Sacred pen...)
I shook his hand and off he/they walked.....
Pat asked me if I wanted to follow, ( she could tell I was still "Gobsmacked" at meeting him),but I decided I had done all I ever wanted to....I met him, shook his hand, got his autograph, told him he was a genius.....so we just carried on with our night out....
Very nice fella indeed, in my opinion...
Pat finished the night by wiping the signature off her arm With a Wet bar towel!!!

tbh I'm more intrigued about who he was with than anything else? What did he look like? Friend? Releatve? Accountant? Lawyer?

Last edited:

Thank you Vicar!!! may your god bless you for taking the trouble to re-post that!!

off the top of my head, the other chap with Morrissey seemed more of a "Business contact" than a friend of his ( ...That's just a Gut feeling on my part..) He was about similar height to moz, and around the same age ( @ 27/28...) and had that sort of Brown-streaked with silvery highlights-hairstyle that was so popular with blokes back then. I think he was wearing a Brown suede Jacket...he had a thinnish, "Pointy" face, and a whiny sort of high-pitched voice. He kept saying "Come on Steven, we're going to be late" ( this was about 8.30 pm at night..) and they both walked off up the hill towards Liverpool Cathedral.
Thanks again for saving me the trouble of re typing!!:thumb:

Wow. That's a great little story! Why wasn't his friend nice? I wouldn't know what the hell I'd say to Morrissey. Probably blurt out a random song name and ask him to perform it at his next tour haha!

Back
Top Bottom