"It's Over" - physical release & cover art - Morrissey Central (26 Feb, 2019)

46372_46365_Over_x9rgtl.png

'IT'S OVER' 45/SINGLE (Physical)

"B-side is Brow Of My Beloved.
Please watch usual outlets for availability.
BMG/etienne LABEL."

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/it-s-over

The post also shares a fan made video:

'IT'S OVER' VIDEO, MADE BY ALEXANDMIRA

Last edited by a moderator:
If you havent seen 'A Kind of Loving' you must do - it's an absolute classic of 1960s British cinema. Adapted from the novel by Stan Barstow - the son of a coal miner who went to grammar school. Back in the days when we used to have social mobility...

If you havent seen 'A Kind of Loving' you must do - it's an absolute classic of 1960s British cinema. Adapted from the novel by Stan Barstow - the son of a coal miner who went to grammar school. Back in the days when we used to have social mobility...
Is that where the video is edited from?

Another useless vinyl....wasn't expecting no less Mozz.....

So you "wasn't expecting no less"? Let me get my head around this for a minute, you "wasn't expecting no less"? It's the double negative that is foxing me, still, if it means something to you, something so important you felt the need to post it on a world wide forum, then I guess it must be important. I hope you feel a little better now.

Indeed,
We can now cross it off - cut from an old post:
"Edit: to save digging them out:
The Boorer tracks waiting to see light of day:
Blue Dreamers Eyes
Brow of My Beloved

Diana Dors
I Couldn't Understand Why People Laughed
Lover-To-Be
This Song Doesn't End When It's Over"

Regards,
FWD.
cant wait for diana dors.glad we are finally seeing these songs at last.

The bit I love is that little bit of T shirt they left while photoshopping his neck. Genius.The recent deluxe sleeve of the vinyl LIHS was well done but when I opened the gatefold there's a weird treatment on his photo that looks like a mistake.
Importantly The music is sounding great as you pointed out.
I actually hadn't noticed the t-shirt but now you mention it... dear me.

Indeed,
We can now cross it off - cut from an old post:
"Edit: to save digging them out:
The Boorer tracks waiting to see light of day:
Blue Dreamers Eyes
Brow of My Beloved

Diana Dors
I Couldn't Understand Why People Laughed
Lover-To-Be
This Song Doesn't End When It's Over"

Regards,
FWD.
Did I miss the release of Blue Dreamers Eyes ? I'm not missing any singles,lp,etc

Did I miss the release of Blue Dreamers Eyes ? I'm not missing any singles,lp,etc
No, it just alludes to the fact it was shared by Sam on YT. So it exists in a higher quality somewhere, but has got as far as our ears at least.
Regards,
FWD.

I don't get the hatred for the artwork these days ,iv been on this site since 2004 and there was never this level of dissatisfaction with covers,ringleaders and refusal covers were well liked at the time.swords and maladjusted being the exception.

I don't get the hatred for the artwork these days ,iv been on this site since 2004 and there was never this level of dissatisfaction with covers,ringleaders and refusal covers were well liked at the time.swords and maladjusted being the exception.
The difference is pre Low In High School covers were designed by a professional designer or design dept. These are not. Some people do not care, but having grown up with The Smiths and Morrissey (solo) and having loved the cover art nearly as much as the music, I do. It doesn't help that I'm also a Graphic Designer, so can spot a non-trained person (can't really call him / her a designer) from a mile off. Poor text placement, lazy stock photos, a pre-occupation for centering text and then shoving it over faces, poor Photoshopping (see the T-Shirt on the new album cover) the list goes on...

I actually think the It's Over cover is a piss take. I can't believe he's going to put this cover out. Great single though (so it's not all bad).

The difference is pre Low In High School covers were designed by a professional designer or design dept. These are not. Some people do not care, but having grown up with The Smiths and Morrissey (solo) and having loved the cover art nearly as much as the music, I do. It doesn't help that I'm also a Graphic Designer, so can spot a non-trained person (can't really call him / her a designer) from a mile off. Poor text placement, lazy stock photos, a pre-occupation for centering text and then shoving it over faces, poor Photoshopping (see the T-Shirt on the new album cover) the list goes on...

I actually think the It's Over cover is a piss take. I can't believe he's going to put this cover out. Great single though (so it's not all bad).

So much preoccupation with 'juxtaposing' the 'old black and white photo' with more modern text around 'funky colour' text boxes. Yuck

Exactly this. I am not a designer but worked alongside them (as a copywriter) for 25 years. I remember one of them telling me that typography was an art all of its own: how to select, size and place fonts, use of colour etc. I know this from first hand experience, the times I have tried to cobble something together myself (thinking, 'that's not too bad') then handed it over to the pro (thinking: 'ah.') There is no way on earth these covers are being produced by a professional.

Because it's shit, Gordy, and people care about these things. It seems evident that he's no longer using professional, skilled people and the results speak for themselves. Which is very sad, when like you say, there is a long heritage of great cover artwork.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom