James Maker - brief statement re: Morrissey via Facebook (27 June, 2019)

"Morrissey:

In the 40 years I have known him, Morrissey has never made a racist comment to me.
Ever, Simply, it has never happened.

Wilde, despite tremendous popularity in the the late 19th-century, was jailed with hard labour.
And, now, a similar fate befalls Morrissey who did not tow the far-left, revisionist Orwellian line of 2019 politics.
The cost is the necessary destruction of a unique voice.

I have to ask you one question:
if Morrissey retires and never records another song or album — does that make your world happier? x "

He ends by linking to:

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Answer to Mr Maker: it does. It does make me happier. Morrissey, a one-time social voice, is now an old conservative hate machine. His views are out of touch with society and his audience; recall the Scottish fans who walked from his gig based in his ill-judged rant re: SNP. Morrissey is done. Simple!

Every single time Morrissey opens his mouth, he digs himself deeper. "Everyone ultimately prefers their own race" - yeah, I'm sure that clanger went down really well with the band.

At this point, the only people defending Morrissey are those on his payroll who have no opportunities anywhere else. And then Maker, the never-was, who does it because it's the only way anybody will pay him attention.

Morrissey's racist statements:
Bengali in Platforms - Viva Hate
"Chinese are a subspecies" - Guardian interview with Simon Armitage, 2010
"The gates are flooded etc" - NME 2010
Comments on Sadiq Khan
Etc.

If you don't think Morrissey is a racist then you're either a racist yourself, very stupid or you're just playing that deniability game the right wing play because he didn't use an explicit racist term.

Bear in mind that Morrissey also compared animal slaughter to the Holocaust and downplayed the 2011 Norway massacre by a far right terrorist by comparing it to KFC. He also called the most brutal and famous far right racist ever, Adolf Hitler, "left-wing", which is an another false, nonsense statement often used in far right circles.

As for Anne Marie Waters, she is definitely a racist. If you don't think that she's a racist because she doesn't use explicit racist slurs, then you have basically no understanding of how far right politics have developed since 1945. Far right parties simply do not use racist terms because they know it would be political suicide. Even the BNP didn't use explicitly racist terms, but we all know they were a continuation and more "formal" National Front". Even so, you only have to look at far right activity outside of presentable image the leadership wish to convey. For Britain is riddled with racists, Holocaust deniers and all sorts of scum. The fact that Morrissey endorses this party and associates himself with Anne Marie Waters tells you a lot about his underlying politics. Before anyone says he supports them because of their stance on animal rights, then why doesn't he instead support the Green Party?
Because the Green Party want full open borders which is exactly what the globalist elite want. Therefore you could say the Green Party is the most establishment party of all.

No it isn’t. Broaden your mind.
Number 4 with a covers album, number 1 in the vinyl. Hugely succesful last UK Tour.

Maybe you didn't hear but his last UK tour (summer 2018) was cancelled as it only sold a tiny fraction of the usual number of tickets.
Also, his latest album only sold 8,000 in week 1 compared with 25,000 for High Low School. The UK fan base has absolutely hemorrhaged, seemingly by as much as 70%. I can believe it because. for the first time ever, I didn't buy the new Morrissey album or try to see him on the last tour. This will remain my position (and that of 70% of the UK fan-base) until he publicly retracts his support for For Bigots. If he doesn't, it's all over.

Maybe you didn't hear but his last UK tour (summer 2018) was cancelled as it only sold a tiny fraction of the usual number of tickets.
Also, his latest album only sold 8,000 in week 1 compared with 25,000 for High Low School. The UK fan base has absolutely hemorrhaged, seemingly by as much as 70%. I can believe it because. for the first time ever, I didn't buy the new Morrissey album or try to see him on the last tour. This will remain my position (and that of 70% of the UK fan-base) until he publicly retracts his support for For Bigots. If he doesn't, it's all over.
He didn't seem to have much trouble with a ten night residency on Broadway did he?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom