Jimmy Kimmel sides with "Duck Dynasty"

An anonymous person writes:

Naturally, late night host Jimmy Kimmel took the opportunity last night to poke a little fun at Morrissey after the ex-Smiths singer and militant vegetarian canceled his appearance on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” by saying he could not appear on the same program as the “animal serial killers” from the A&E reality series “Duck Dynasty.”

In the footage posted above, Kimmel notes that he sided with the “Duck Dynasty” gang because “they have guns and Morrissey doesn’t,” and concluded that Morrissey just “keeps finding ways to depress us” before segueing to a mock clip of the “Duck Dynasty” castmembers hunting for vegetables.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fkjZSb0J_E

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey didn't have a problem with jimmy, he just didnt like being schedualed with the duck dynasty crew. The outcome can't have been suprising.

Kimmel is an absolute idiot and a bitter whiny twat! I'm glad M cancelled, maybe that'll learn 'em to do their homework a little better, you don't mix water and oil! If I watch any late shows, it sure the hell won't be kiss ass, I mean Kimmel!

Give me a bell if you are perfect some time and I'll tell ya why you're not. Sure, he isn't vegan and wears leather (have to, hello???), but his stance is what's important. Plus, Jimmy Kimmell??? Of course he and his writers were going to leg it with our beloved Morrissey and make fun of him for being depressing. F-in Americans ... if he got narked by the great Morrissey saying he wasn't coming on because some lads KILL ducks then I support him. Americans are just bollocks. That's all. Shooting birds and what not. What twits???

Yeah, Kimmel poked fun at Morrissey, as one would expect, but I was struck by how generally respectful the tone was. Two mild jokes preceded by a full quote of Morrissey's statement and a declaration of respect for that stance? Late night comedy can be much harsher. It's pretty clear that Kimmel didn't want to burn a bridge.

I thought that video was funny. :p It gets people thinking about stuff and that's half the battle. This is a win wrapped in a loss.

Actually Morrissey IS vegan, and he doesn't wear leather or fur. I remember one time he wore a fake-letter suit or something, and when dedicated fans questioned him about this, he told them it was fake.

Actually Morrissey IS vegan, and he doesn't wear leather or fur. I remember one time he wore a fake-letter suit or something, and when dedicated fans questioned him about this, he told them it was fake.

Actually you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. He is not vegan.

The Carrot Call sketch was unfunny nonsense but the rest of it was fair comment.

Kimmel couldn't ignore what happened and I think he was pretty even handed.

Johnny Marr is vegan. Morrissey isn't.

He's not Vegan. You are wrong.

P.

I thought that video was funny. :p It gets people thinking about stuff and that's half the battle. This is a win wrapped in a loss.

I agree. And another thing that is funny is humourless outrage over somebody daring to make fun of our great hero. Relax people, he's a recognisef genius and can afford to be less touchy than Kim Jung Il, or whatever the hell the latest clown in the royal line is called.

I think morrissey wins here - publicity for animal rights, and the duck dynasty video makes them look light twits. Why should morrissey share the same space as these people who are so self centred they don't have the intelligence to appreciate animals. The comment about depressing us is pathetic - sure let's live in a bubble until the human race kills all other life on the planet!!! When will the human race finally wake up!! Morrissey I am with you all the way.

Give me a bell if you are perfect some time and I'll tell ya why you're not. Sure, he isn't vegan and wears leather (have to, hello???), but his stance is what's important. Plus, Jimmy Kimmell??? Of course he and his writers were going to leg it with our beloved Morrissey and make fun of him for being depressing. F-in Americans ... if he got narked by the great Morrissey saying he wasn't coming on because some lads KILL ducks then I support him. Americans are just bollocks. That's all. Shooting birds and what not. What twits???

He doesn't wear leather.

You're The One For Me, Jimmy!

Yo Jimmy! :horny:

For years I dreamed of being Sarah's body-double on those 'not tonight, Josephine' last-minute hitches to you gettin' yo freek on. Dental, menstrual, constipational, no probs. I'd wake up,agitated all sticky but never sated. My amaneunsis-sexcretary, 'Shaz' did her best to relieve my night fevers, but the truth is it's you boy. You're the one for me, pudgy. :straightface:

You look so hot last night, wtf is up with Moz?:confused: Is it, y'know, a 'medical' situation where the meds he needs to take these days are playing havoc with his braincells? Or is he gonna re-invent himself as a totally out-there mad skillz comic and just do crazy stunts'n'shit rather than bother with the show time deadline crap anymore? Has he just thought 'fcu-uk it!' in a Billo remix sort of way? You got any diva outakes from the past to share on Pirate Bay? Any security CCTV of him picking his nose? Or some photos without the make-up and lighting? :thumb:

He's been spinning you a yarn, dude. He is to-bo to the max, grody cuz he ain't no VIRGIN VEGAN, he's a semi-skimmed-demi-deli-quasi-Quorn-mini meal deal- closet case DAIRY QUEEN! Animals in the wild at least often get out of the horror matrix pretty darn quick when the bullet hits, not like those poor heiffers whining in pain to birth the calf, only for it to be taken off to wait for slaughter without it's grieving Mom to give blowjobs and put out to "old McDonald had a farm, e, i, e, i. oh! on that farm he had some calves/lambs/goats/cows/ducks/foals, e,i,e,i,o, with a with a f***-f*** here and a suck-suck there, here a suck, there a f***, everywhere you look, suck'n'f***.

I don't know where Moz thinks the milk in those boutique gourmet 'natural' supermarkets comes from. If I could get it it, I'd have Krishna Kow milk and cheese. Why ain't Russell Brand reprazentin on this one. Preach!

http://iskconuk.com/?p=547

I wrote to Moz and Linda McC at the start riffing on Vegetarian Shoes in Brighton and proposing we set up a humane alternative to Fast Food chains. I'd have given it 30 years of my life, but it was nixed. I guess Moz found out 'who I really was' and got all tearful again about wanting what he couldn't have, if you get my drift:straightface:.He could have have MozBurger stands at Staples if he'd followed the bliss script I gifted. With a kiss. But he wasn't up to it. Now I have to do it all myself, turn into the Pope of Pop, do that whole Andy Warhol in C21st mad trip, when all I want to do is retire back to the monastery once the kids are free of me....he couldn't even get Meat is Murder right. I told him it was Beef is Biocide, but he thought that was some hippy shit that would make him look dweebo to his NME gatekeepers who hate on me more than on him. Enough! @20/12,2012, 2012 is now 2021, but you'll just look even more magical by then when the one and only tour happens.

Looking forward to debuting the Greatest Show on Earth-Greater Mexico-East Coast leg on your show. Hope you can accomodate my desires..at least at some level....Forrest Gump if not Deliverance submission. You know. Mad stuff. Fantasy role play..*sigh* You'll be doing it all in Spanish by then.

Moz must want the bawbag tag, it's a great excuse for flunking the destiny I gifted him in Moseley. He was so full of promise, couldn't believe I was going to go the priest route till I was ordained. Shame was never my middle name. Sorry about my language, Jimmy, but sometimes this celibacy vow is just so damn hard. You look so good in that suit, I'd love to see you in a dog-collar. Another look Moz totally face-palm'd, even though he knew I'd put Sinead up for that SNL NBC#GiantFAIL! in 92. She at least tried, didn't bottle it and kept the faith until they took her down. Truth is, he blew the big fat #FAIL! dildo pretty soon after the start. I've tried, but he's a basket case now. I don't think I could risk watching him on screen/stage again. My protege-prodigy has turned into an ass-clown.wnkr.gif

*sigh* I guess I did always say he was free to do what he wished with The Gift. And I got to get back on that Forgiveness Queen trip or I'll die of venom, "just like poison in a vial, she was often very vial" *sob**pray*

Love you Jimmy.
Monsignor B.B

morrissey sides with morrissey.... pitchfork are running with moz's recent comments about last nights show

http://pitchfork.com/news/49727-mor...making-fun-of-gun-control-depression-obesity/

'I was disappointed with last night’s Jimmy Kimmel Show wherein our smiling host managed to ridicule depression (70% of Americans suffer from depression according to the National Institute of Mental Health). He then found time to ridicule healthy eating (the obesity epidemic in the U.S. costs $147 billion per year in medical expenditure), and he also ridiculed the notion that animals should be entitled to the possession of their own lives. Furthermore, he found time to jokingly promote gun-ownership - hugely amusing for the parents at Sandy Hook, no doubt. He also promoted his special guests Duck Dynasty – who kill beings for fun. None of the above issues are, of course, as important as Jimmy Kimmel himself, who has finally revealed his show to have an overwhelming loss of meaning. Tune in and relive the intellectual fog of the 1950s.'

oh lawwdddd

morrissey sides with morrissey.... pitchfork are running with moz's recent comments about last nights show

http://pitchfork.com/news/49727-mor...making-fun-of-gun-control-depression-obesity/

'I was disappointed with last night’s Jimmy Kimmel Show wherein our smiling host managed to ridicule depression (70% of Americans suffer from depression according to the National Institute of Mental Health). He then found time to ridicule healthy eating (the obesity epidemic in the U.S. costs $147 billion per year in medical expenditure), and he also ridiculed the notion that animals should be entitled to the possession of their own lives. Furthermore, he found time to jokingly promote gun-ownership - hugely amusing for the parents at Sandy Hook, no doubt. He also promoted his special guests Duck Dynasty – who kill beings for fun. None of the above issues are, of course, as important as Jimmy Kimmel himself, who has finally revealed his show to have an overwhelming loss of meaning. Tune in and relive the intellectual fog of the 1950s.'

oh lawwdddd

F.M Backwards. Had the duck guys NOT been on the show, Morrissey would have been there - I bet the comments would not have been forthcoming then. And anyway - I was wondering today - can anyone remember the last time Morrissey actually confronted/argued with/interacted with someone whom he had previously denigrated? Are there any examples of saying something and then 'having it out' with the subject on TV or radio? Any? Heaven forfend the guy says stuff and doesn't confront the subjects of his opprobrium.

P.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom