JK Rowling recalls 'amazing' moment she met her idol Morrissey - The Guardian

And again, are you dumb or what? This is not NEWS. Not long ago she told exactly the same story. (And yes, please attack me, I'm quite used to it by now)

Although not a fan of his posts, I wish Eric Hartman a speedy recovery from his illness. Quite sad to hear about what he's going through.

Well depending how you connect the dots the picture will look different. You've got these elements: sub-species, German person, Chinese people, slits for eyes, Morrissey, Uncle Skinny. I don't see any direct connection. I just don't think Morrissey is a role models for humanitarian diplomacy. I used Derek17 as an example because of his recent extended defense which I thought was a clear example of "doing it wrong." The "German" thing caught my eye the first time partly because it shows up twice in one sentence, and, as I wrote, I assumed intention. It's an angry post and so I don't think it's used in a complimentary way. I thought maybe the intention was to say that Uncle Skinny knows they are posting from Germany. That's still not really nice, but it's better than the alternative which is that the country a person is from was used as an insult, which seems to be a reasonable reading of the post. He seems to be saying it's neutral, now. In any case it was not inciting racial hatred, which is nice. I'm not stupid enough to say, "oh no, this clearly means that Uncle Skinny made a bigoted post," not because that's not my reading of it, but because who knows? I do know that when your defense is, "What I said was not against laws regarding hate speech," that you're probably saying something that a reasonable person might want to reconsider.
I felt that Morrissey's statement, "Did you see the thing on the news about their treatment of animals and animal welfare? Absolutely horrific. You can't help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies," was made from anger, and I understand the anger that can come from seeing cruelty against helpless living beings, so I decided that his wording was unfortunate but I did not think that it was fair to reduce it to "Morrissey says 'Chinese people are a sub-species.' " Now I believe that he probably knew exactly what he was doing, essentially trolling.
I don't see the relevance, unless your point is to ask how they can criticize Uncle Skinny's choice of words while defending Morrissey. And if that's the point, I doubt the people that pointed this out are big fans of the "sub-species" comment. Maybe the focus is being pulled away from throwing Morrissey into flames, but I only voiced my opinion when Uncle Skinny started defending what he said. I ignored the actual post, but the defense of it is interesting.

settle down. didnt you read the email? the animal right stuff is just a publicity stunt. he chubby not because too many veggies like thought. hes probably chomping on a triple cheeseburger this very minute.

When you're pointing out that someone is German, and it has nothing to do with your point except, possibly to say that you can see where they post from, neither of those things puts you in the best light. What does their being German have to do with anything?
And when someone points out that your statement appears xenophobic and bigoted , and you run to look up the law instead of looking at what you posted and why they might get that impression from it, it makes you look like some kind of keyboard hooligan. If that is the impression you intended to make, carry on. Well done. But otherwise you might want to consider how others read it.

"There has to be an intent to stir up racial hatred." What does that sound like? It sounds like delusional Derek17 talking about how "slits for eyes" was a joke with no harm intended.

"German" hasn't been considered a race since May, 1945 on the occasion of the ending of their second attempt to tear up the continent in the last century.

Give us a bleedin' f***ing break, mate. You're the one of the most angry, hostile, bitter, loony f***ing blokes on the www. Always insulting someone, always shouting, always being...angry! Is this the happiest you've ever been? What kind of a life do you lead? You're on here every day, shouting, insulting people. I bet you'd beat...people (ahem)...up if you didn't have the internet, so I guess we should be grateful.

And the only horseshit is you defending your racist German rant. Up there with Moz's Chinese one.

Give yerself a break. Have a Boddington, and leave Morrissey and his world alone. Engage in something more positive.

there is no such thing as a 'german race' outside of nazi ideology.
there is no such thing a chinese species either.
you moz cultics have to quit with the racist innuendo.

there is no such thing as a 'german race' outside of nazi ideology.
there is no such thing a chinese species either.
you moz cultics have to quit with the racist innuendo.

Using "German" as an insult is not technically racist. It is bigoted and xenophobic.
"Human" is a species. When some part of humanity is called a "sub-species" that means that they are being said to have particular traits not shared by the rest of the species.

I felt that Morrissey's statement, "Did you see the thing on the news about their treatment of animals and animal welfare? Absolutely horrific. You can't help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies," was made from anger, and I understand the anger that can come from seeing cruelty against helpless living beings, so I decided that his wording was unfortunate but I did not think that it was fair to reduce it to "Morrissey says 'Chinese people are a sub-species.' " Now I believe that he probably knew exactly what he was doing, essentially trolling.
I don't see the relevance, unless your point is to ask how they can criticize Uncle Skinny's choice of words while defending Morrissey. And if that's the point, I doubt the people that pointed this out are big fans of the "sub-species" comment. Maybe the focus is being pulled away from throwing Morrissey into flames, but I only voiced my opinion when Uncle Skinny started defending what he said. I ignored the actual post, but the defense of it is interesting.

:thumb: Whatever the thread, If you are not throwing M into the flames...then you are OFF TOPIC! :lbf:

Using "German" as an insult is not technically racist. It is bigoted and xenophobic.
"Human" is a species. When some part of humanity is called a "sub-species" that means that they are being said to have particular traits not shared by the rest of the species.

using 'german' is bigoted and xenophobic? are you mental? wtf? how do we refer to the german football team then?
what bollocks. it seems that overloading your brain with morrissey leads to ill effects

is there anything that skinny can say that wont set you off? its not normal, your behavior.

using 'german' is bigoted and xenophobic? are you mental? wtf? how do we refer to the german football team then?
what bollocks. it seems that overloading your brain with morrissey leads to ill effects

is there anything that skinny can say that wont set you off? its not normal, your behavior.

I'll take that into consideration. Thank you.

I guess while he was ranting he wanted people to know the nationality of the person he was ranting at for some bizarre reason.

I don't think he was talking to the German football team though, was he?

I'm so sad. This week we've finally lost Morrissey to #ProfitfromParis. What a psycho he turned out to be.

I used to like him, but these days, it's embarrassing to even mention his name. I hope my signed memorabilia will keep their worth.

Goodbye my friends from the good old days, like SundownPlayboy, BB and Kenneth.

I'm off. I will beat the cancer and live happily ever after.

I wish all the best. Hope you beat this foul disease. Sending all my love

You dopey sod, that's an internal FC issue, and has no legal bearing whatsoever. It even says '...no objections from the police'.

He was fined £400 by the magistrates court and banned from football for two years

I'm so sad. This week we've finally lost Morrissey to #ProfitfromParis. What a psycho he turned out to be.

I used to like him, but these days, it's embarrassing to even mention his name. I hope my signed memorabilia will keep their worth.

Goodbye my friends from the good old days, like SundownPlayboy, BB and Kenneth.

I'm off. I will beat the cancer and live happily ever after.

Sincere best wishes.
I hope you beat that illness.

best wishes
BrummieBoy

I guess while he was ranting he wanted people to know the nationality of the person he was ranting at for some bizarre reason.

I don't think he was talking to the German football team though, was he?

the bot was german just like the queen is british. are you all dense?

You're a little bit slow, aren't you?

SO when you insult someone do you always make a point of naming the person's nationality?

well no. when i set out to insult someone i usually try to be nice. *rolls eyes*
i expect that no one has ever confused you with the sharpest knife in the drawer.

well no. when i set out to insult someone i usually try to be nice. *rolls eyes*
i expect that no one has ever confused you with the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Yes I rarely get confused with cutlery.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom