Joan Rivers statement on TTY

Re:

Do you realize that there are black Jews, Hispanic Jews, Chinese Jews, Japanese Jews? Do they all look alike? Do Ashkenazi Jews look similar to Sephardic Jews? Do you know the difference? Robin Williams was American. Not Irish. Irish is a nationality.

Faces of Jewry:

Koizumi_Yarmulke.jpg

Set the record straight, Koizumi doesn't practice Judaism.
He wore the cap in order to pay respect to Israel(?) / Jewish people.
Also his parents are both Japanese, biologically he isn't Jewish.

Last edited:
Re:

Set the record straight, Koizumi doesn't practice Judaism.
He wore the cap in order to pay respect to Israel(?) / Jewish people.

Thank you. Picked a random image from Google image search. Didn't realize it was Junichiro Koizumi. (Pardon my ignorance.) There are Japanese Jews, however.

But doesn't he have someone to scout venues for him?

Yes, i'm sure he doesn't visit every new venue ahead of a show but i was only speculating why he might be visiting a somewhat unknown city. Just wearing my optimistic hat because it would be great to see a concert in such an unusual location. Then again he may just have been stopping off en route to flying elsewhere

I cannot believe that this is a discussion. Okay let's explain it in basic terms. Being Jewish is a religion while Being Israeli is a nationality.

Sammy Davis Jr was an African American who converted to Judaism. A Jewish man cannot convert to being black.

The question of what makes a Jew a Jew is a really, really complex discussion that had literally been going on for centuries among scholars. There is no concensus other than that it is complex! The attempts at oversimplification happening here are making me cringe.

Regarding the outward appearance of people from various parts of the world, there is a reason why stereotyping exists, and those stereotypes are often used for comedic effect—especially among people within those groups. (I don't really need to explain this, right?)

"Funny, she doesn't look Druish..."

I just watched Spaceballs last night. RIP, Dot Matrix.

You get to tell when somebody is a Jew or not because they're the ones that God's gonna save in the Rapture. The rest of us are f***ed apparently.

God's chosen people.

Jewishness is so many things: it's tribal, it's cultural, it's genetic, it's religious. Judaism itself is the messianic, apocalyptic cult that spawned Christianity.

Oy vey.

You get to tell when somebody is a Jew or not because they're the ones that God's gonna save in the Rapture. The rest of us are f***ed apparently.

God's chosen people.
"gods chosen people " and the Jews say we are racist

The Jews do have a look, as do Chinese - how can anybody say they don't have a look?

Oh, great. Rob Sheffield just added fuel to the fire by calling Joan Rivers "the Morrissey of her generation" I shit you not.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/features/the-greatest-hate-of-all-farewell-joan-rivers-20140904

Rivers was an "outsider" in a male-dominated profession much like Morrissey is seen as an outsider in the music industry. They carved their own paths and were admired for doing so.

"She died the way she lived — making a scene, complicating other people’s holiday weekends, generally being a pain in the ass. She was the Morrissey of her generation. I miss her already."

Last edited:
Re:

Thank you. Picked a random image from Google image search. Didn't realize it was Junichiro Koizumi. (Pardon my ignorance.) There are Japanese Jews, however.

Oh, you mean you image-googled "Asian looking Jew" to compile your list of "Faces of Jewry?"

Oh, great. Rob Sheffield just added fuel to the fire by calling Joan Rivers "the Morrissey of her generation" I shit you not.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/features/the-greatest-hate-of-all-farewell-joan-rivers-20140904

Rivers was an "outsider" in a male-dominated profession much like Morrissey is seen as an outsider in the music industry. They carved their own paths and were admired for doing so.

"She died the way she lived — making a scene, complicating other people’s holiday weekends, generally being a pain in the ass. She was the Morrissey of her generation. I miss her already."

I thought of Moz yesterday when Sarah Silverman said Joan LOVED with all her heart, and HATED with all her heart too. That's exactly what Morrissey does. THey're like soul buddies in a way.

Ooh, people ... what is this topic about ? Why are you talking so much about antisemitism ?
More interesting thing is what Mozza is doing in Lublin. Any guesses ?

Realitybites doesn't know anything about Joan Rivers or Morrissey (or anything else, really), so she decided to dominate the thread and make it about anti-semitism, because she once visited Israel with her Jewish ex-husband and now believes she's an authority on Judaism and anti-semitism based on that experience. It's all a façade of course, so if you asked her a few incisive questions about Judaism the veneer of 'knowledge' would swiftly dissipate. You would then plainly be able to see that she's just stringing words together and doesn't have a deep understanding of what she's discussing.

I skip the majority of her posts now, but if there are a lot of them on a thread, like on this one, then I'll simply scan down through them to get the gist of what she's trying to say. I know from experience that when reading her posts I won't laugh or fall into deep contemplation, and that's because everything she writes is completely devoid of humour, emotion, and intellectual content. Therefore, unless someone is masochistic, or performing research into the reasons behind the cognitive distortions apparent in certain sections of modern American society, then I can't begin to comprehend why they would torture themselves with her uneducated Palin-esque fatuity when there are thousands of books on library shelves waiting to be read.

She strikes me as someone who had academic potential in adolescence, but put her life and education on hold for twenty years to raise a child. After the child grew up and moved out, not knowing what to do with all of her free time, she began going to online forums with the intention of 'enlightening' its denizens, not realising her potential had never been developed and she still had the intellect of a teenager. Ten years and ten thousand posts later she still hasn't got the hint.

As for her list of Jewish comedians, would she be capable of creating a similar list of Christian entertainers without commenting on how 'stupid' they are for being religious and believing in a higher power? I can't imagine it...

This website has been sorely missing the presence of strong, interesting 'posters who are female' (not 'female posters', right Morrissey? *wink*) for quite some time.
I approve of a few of the newcomers, but they might not last. Skylarker and !Viva! will return later this month from their 'break' (I hear they're gone to Tahiti to iron out a few of the kinks in their relationship?), and will be enraged that their positions have since been filled.

The shock of the new will be too jarring, they'll have to attempt to chase the new posters away, but I know whose side I'll be on. It's obvious, that like the Israelis and Palestinians we're unable to co-exist peacefully.

I'll take on Skylarker Sharon and !Viva! Netanyahu; single-handedly if I must. They can take the other old occupiers with them..

Shalom, Salaam, if only....
Me say war!

"When you declare war, you declare war. They started it. They deserve it! I won't count the casualties..."

#FreeMorrisseySolo
#WomenOfMorrisseySoloUnite
#ThisIsNotYourForum

In continued mourning,
In sincerity,
Mozambiguous

*EDIT*

"This is a local website for local people!"

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Realitybites doesn't know anything about Joan Rivers or Morrissey (or anything else, really), so she decided to dominate the thread and make it about anti-semitism, because she once visited Israel with her Jewish ex-husband and now believes she's an authority on Judaism and anti-semitism based on that experience. It's all a façade of course, so if you asked her a few incisive questions about Judaism the veneer of 'knowledge' would swiftly dissipate. You would then plainly be able to see that she's just stringing words together and doesn't have a deep understanding of what she's discussing.

I skip the majority of her posts now, but if there are a lot of them on a thread, like on this one, then I'll simply scan down through them to get the gist of what she's trying to say. I know from experience that when reading her posts I won't laugh or fall into deep contemplation, and that's because everything she writes is completely devoid of humour, emotion, and intellectual content. Therefore, unless someone is masochistic, or performing research into the reasons behind the cognitive distortions apparent in certain sections of modern American society, then I can't begin to comprehend why they would torture themselves with her uneducated Palin-esque fatuity when there are thousands of books on library shelves waiting to be read.

She strikes me as someone who had academic potential in adolescence, but put her life and education on hold for twenty years to raise a child. After the child grew up and moved out, not knowing what to do with all of her free time, she began going to online forums with the intention of 'enlightening' its denizens, not realising her potential had never been developed and she still had the intellect of a teenager. Ten years and ten thousand posts later she still hasn't got the hint.

As for her list of Jewish comedians, would she be capable of creating a similar list of Christian entertainers without commenting on how 'stupid' they are for being religious and believing in a higher power? I can't imagine it...

This website has been sorely missing the presence of strong, interesting 'posters who are female' (not 'female posters', right Morrissey? *wink*) for quite some time.
I approve of a few of the newcomers, but they might not last. Skylarker and !Viva! will return later this month from their 'break' (I hear they're gone to Tahiti to iron out a few of the kinks in their relationship?), and will be enraged that their positions have since been filled.

The shock of the new will be too jarring, they'll have to attempt to chase the new posters away, but I know whose side I'll be on. It's obvious, that like the Israelis and Palestinians we're unable to co-exist peacefully.

I'll take on Skylarker Sharon and !Viva! Netanyahu; single-handedly if I must. They can take the other old occupiers with them..

Me say war!

"When you declare war, you declare war. They started it. They deserve it! I won't count the casualties..."

#FreeMorrisseySolo
#ThisIsNotYourForum

In continued mourning,
In sincerity,
Mozambiguous

Bartender, get this man a goddam drink!

:( Joan's Fashion Police coworkers Kelly and Guiliana at her funeral.

(To take this off-topic but Joan would approve, I know I'm on Team Vagina 100%, but I would pay a million dollars to watch Morrissey comfort George Kotsiopoulos (naked) in his time of mourning. Good God, the two most beautiful men in the world are you joking? :horny:)

Last edited:

Me say war!

#FreeMorrisseySolo
#ThisIsNotYourForum

In continued mourning,
In sincerity,
Mozambiguous

You've completely nailed that which is RealityBites. Nice work.

10641123_10152376330151028_4785872557608341816_n.jpg

Me say war!

#FreeMorrisseySolo
#ThisIsNotYourForum

In continued mourning,
In sincerity,
Mozambiguous

55_blah-book-ado.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom