Johnny Marr - “The first time I ever used a Tele(caster) was the day I recorded This Charming Man”

I chuckled at the bit where he said he had to lie down after 2 songs cos the guitar was too heavy. Reminds me of an interview he did years ago - 1990s, I think - where he says he got into bodybuilding for a while, and he gave it up "cos when I went back to playing my guitar, it looked like a banjo".

The green sunburst telecaster is certainly pretty unique - I've never seen anything quite like it. Wish Fender would make one us mortals can buy...

bS35mZd.jpg

0flydk5gksc61.jpg

a693bd214335a715e223d5341add38c3.png

The green sunburst telecaster is certainly pretty unique - I've never seen anything quite like it. Wish Fender would make one us mortals can buy...

bS35mZd.jpg

0flydk5gksc61.jpg

a693bd214335a715e223d5341add38c3.png
It's a beautiful guitar, not actually made by Fender but custom made in the style of a Telecaster by Roger Giffin. I didn't know it was a gift from his wife, that makes it extra special. Of course it's still in his collection.

Well Johnny certainly keeps himself busy working on his mythology/career. I guess it's better than having to wear a meat dress.
111015-lady_gaga_meat_show_vmas_2010_617_409-compressed.jpg

The Meat Dress concept, first worn by Morrissey's great friend Linder in 1982 at the Hacienda.

Tele is what they call a prefix, which was
originated in the Greek dialect.
It's got the meanin' of "far reachin' ".
Ya got Television.
Ya got Telephone.
Ya got Telecastor.
Then ya got what's called TeleTurk Steppin'.
This is when ya start out Turkey Steppin' in
one spot and then ya get to Steppin' so good,
that ya end up in another spot altogether.

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom