Johnny Marr announces new double album

Can't wait for Vegan Cro's review of this...:popcorn:
The best thing about whenever Johnny puts out a song, video, album, interview, or even breathes on camera - is knowing that Vegan Cro is going to be watching it, hating and despising every single second, but utterly powerless to look away. :LOL:

Pretty good song and hes still getting better at singing. A bit lower and less nasally. Song really reminds me of mid to later day house of love

doh:

it cant be possible the lyrics are
'farage is a mirage'?

⁉️

👇

anonymous-man-wearing-paper-bag-pointing-at-head-picture-id494900126

:hammer:

The best thing about whenever Johnny puts out a song, video, album, interview, or even breathes on camera - is knowing that Vegan Cro is going to be watching it, hating and despising every single second, but utterly powerless to look away. :LOL:
He may be in love with Johnny but is in denial.

:censored:

i thought i recognized that sucky tunedoh:
a sucky tune suckified(n)
:hammer:

Between the lyrics and the video, I honestly thought this might be a spoof (not that any of his other solo stuff has been much better).

The video... it's like something that might crop up in a comedy movie. I can just picture Will Ferrell or Ben Stiller in this video, in Johnny's place. Who are the absolute sycophants who tell this guy he looks cool? All those sideways glances - maybe the director was mouthing at him offstage "They're gonna love it, Johnny!". I think about how cool this guy looked and sounded in 1983 and I could weep.

Actually, the video's even funnier if you watch it with the sound switched off.

Truly a shame the 2 boys can't mend the bloody fence, even for just a record or 3.......zoom it all....you'll never have to actually see each other. ......give it a go Johnny....he was once damm near on his knees and not from dancing.
It did its job back in the day. We don't need a new fence.

I've liked a few songs from each album but this is cringe. See the title had me worried and the lyrics are just childish. What's with the random girl popping in and out? I feel like he's just trying to spread himself too wide across numerous genres on each album. More New Town Velocity and The Messenger and less all the other stuff. I love Johnny Marr and I'm glad he's still doing it but I have to be honest. This is uninspiring. I'm not getting any vibes re Electronic, The The, just cringe.

Between the lyrics and the video, I honestly thought this might be a spoof (not that any of his other solo stuff has been much better).

The video... it's like something that might crop up in a comedy movie. I can just picture Will Ferrell or Ben Stiller in this video, in Johnny's place. Who are the absolute sycophants who tell this guy he looks cool? All those sideways glances - maybe the director was mouthing at him offstage "They're gonna love it, Johnny!". I think about how cool this guy looked and sounded in 1983 and I could weep.

I don't think it's supposed to be taken seriously. The multi-pick up guitar and the dancing girl are clues. So yeah, I think it is a bit of a spoof. It looks amazing, nonetheless.

I don't think it's supposed to be taken seriously. The multi-pick up guitar and the dancing girl are clues. So yeah, I think it is a bit of a spoof. It looks amazing, nonetheless.

He also winks at us at the beginning of the song. He still looks cool to me!

Marr's solo stuff keeps improving for me. The Messenger was so dull, I have never checked out the second album, but Call the Comet was really good. And I like this one too with its New Order & Electronic vibe.

Nothing mind-blowing by any means... but good enough to make me want to hear more. Musically it reminds me a bit of Electronic with a darker edge. Even if I'm not loving every minute of it, it's nice to see Johnny putting himself out there more and more these days.

Last edited:
I've really liked some of the singles from the first 2 albums but his albums for me never get any better than a 6/10.

He is fantastic live though and I think his vocals are sounding a lot better.

I've really liked some of the singles from the first 2 albums but his albums for me never get any better than a 6/10.

He is fantastic live though and I think his vocals are sounding a lot better.
Agreed. I skip quite a few songs on all the albums. This next one I may skip altogether. I've seen him live twice and he was fantastic both times.

He needs to pair with a good singer , not front it

Just curious to know way he settled for a double album. I hope it means the 2 LPs each have their own musical direction.
Because 2 LPs of songs sounding like New Order would be too much for me (I am not a big fan of that band). That beving sai, this could still be a good moment to bring Bernard Summer back in on a couple of songs.

Just curious to know way he settled for a double album. I hope it means the 2 LPs each have their own musical direction.
Because 2 LPs of songs sounding like New Order would be too much for me (I am not a big fan of that band). That beving sai, this could still be a good moment to bring Bernard Summer back in on a couple of songs.

Going by his last album, it featured everything from electronic dark wave to post-punk rock to Smithsy acoustic songs. This is just a taster for the album - I'd expect a variety of styles and songs.

Tags
johnny marr
Back
Top Bottom