Johnny Marr banned from driving

It's odd that the fan-base of The Smiths and early Moz was so liberal/left/progressive, as some of the fans on this site seem quite narrow-minded and right-wing. Just a thought.

Well, maybe it's for the best. A lot of people die speeding, and I would hate for Johnny to be among them. Safety first! LOL!

Well, maybe it's for the best. A lot of people die speeding, and I would hate for Johnny to be among them. Safety first! LOL!

I think, if Johnny saw Morrissey crossing the road, he would knock deliberately run over him. Then Mike Joyce would give him (Morrissey) a karate chop! I'd be okay with all of that.

Re: Article: Johnny Marr banned from drivingngbetid the

Marr and his family were happy to be in England, and appreciated the opportunities this offered. But they also experienced prejudice. These things co-exist. The poster sees Marr's account of prejudice as merely 'whining about the country which provided him ... '. This suggests that any account of prejudice is merely 'whining'. It equates racism with having a sore knee. The poster claims that Marr 'loathes' England. This is untrue. He simply dislikes nationalism of any kind (English, Irish or other).

If that is the case then why single out the Union flag as being something that particularly repulsed him? I'd guess his views on Irish nationalism are somewhat less stringent. If Marr is suspicious of nationalism I am suspicious of those who are obsessed with notions of their own identity. In fact, I consider it a mild form of mental illness.

Marr's problems at school may well have had their root in his ancestry and such attacks are unacceptable, particularly from a teacher, of course, but unless he is supernaturally self obsessed he might have noticed that perhaps the fat kid didn't get away unscathed, or the lad with the lazy eye, or the girl with the orthopaedic shoe. Maybe they don't have the chance to be asked by journalists to navel gaze and point fingers like Marr. I'd put money on the fact that no-one has ever asked them a damn thing. I wonder what they are up to now? Perhaps instead of being a genius guitarist in demand across the globe they are stuck doing the unimportant jobs in our society, such as opening the cornershop at six in the morning so people can grab a pint of milk, or maybe another is a teaching assistant, or perhaps even a humble dustman.

You know, the silly little stuff that makes the country tick over while Johnny tunes up his Rickenbacker.

And like the things people scribble coz they feel they have to. And Andy si yo se. Y yo te amo mas. Mas.

I Love You AD
x

Marr and his family were happy to be in England, and appreciated the opportunities this offered. But they also experienced prejudice. These things co-exist. The poster sees Marr's account of prejudice as merely 'whining about the country which provided him ... '. This suggests that any account of prejudice is merely 'whining'. It equates racism with having a sore knee. The poster claims that Marr 'loathes' England. This is untrue. He simply dislikes nationalism of any kind (English, Irish or other).

If he dislikes Nationalism why did he own, then give Noel Gallagher the famous Union Jack Epiphone guitar? Seems a bit weird he'd own something like that...?

If he dislikes Nationalism why did he own, then give Noel Gallagher the famous Union Jack Epiphone guitar? Seems a bit weird he'd own something like that...?

This is not true. It was Noel's girlfriend Meg that gave Noel that guitar.

Johnny gave Noel a Les Paul.

Johnny has said, of the Union Jack: "I don’t agree with people sticking that thing on their guitars".

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom