Johnny Marr interview: "Isaac Brock is the greatest lyricist I’ve ever worked with" (October 13, 2021)

Morrissey is a poet. He is rare and is prescient, a shy man who has the gift of second sight.

Brock, fwiw, is the front man of a mediocre indie rock band with auspicious astrological placements which led to him making a little bit of cash đź’° through the aughts.

There is nothing to see here, lemmings.

Morrissey isn't "prescient".

But why does he like pretending?

No Pretenders jokes please.
Well, not sure, but from what i've noticed he is the kind that never takes position openly
And he sounds passive agressive most of times.
Like in this case and his laughable opinion about "the greatest lyricist he worked with", we all know he's lying, he knows he's lying
and he knows the "cancel culture" club is ready to jump to the hate bandwagon
all he wants is just make someone mad

Isaac Brock is a brilliant songwriter. Don't go mad because Marr said so and you feel he's dissed Morrissey. He didn't do that. Anyway, here's an amazing Modest Mouse record:

Modest Mouse - The Good Times Are Killing Me

Classic mouse music

Well, not sure, but from what i've noticed he is the kind that never takes position openly
And he sounds passive agressive most of times.
Like in this case and his laughable opinion about "the greatest lyricist he worked with", we all know he's lying, he knows he's lying
and he knows the "cancel culture" club is ready to jump to the hate bandwagon
all he wants is just make someone mad
Did you read the entire interview? He’s enthusiastically complimenting his collaborator, not putting someone down. The interview is an incredible overview of his career. Why not give it a read and learn something, not just react to the clickbait headline.

Tags
johnny marr
Back
Top Bottom