Johnny Marr plays ‘What’s In My Bag?’ at Amoeba Music in Hollywood

The Seeker of Good Songs

The latest installment of indie behemoth Amoeba Music’s web series “What’s In My Bag?” asks Johnny Marr the titular question during his recent visit to the chain’s Hollywood store. As you can see in the clip above, The Smiths guitarist — who worked on Hans Zimmer’s Oscar-nominated score for “Inception” — is doing a bit of research for film score work, and also picked up a few documentaries on DVD, a couple Wire CDs and some John McLaughlin vinyl.

from: http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2011/03/08/johnny-marr-smiths-amoeba-whats-in-my-bag/

Last edited by a moderator:
I second that emotion - it was very well done & interesting. I had to smile a bit though when Johnny said about the John McLaughlin album, "It's an acoustic album, it's not jazz." Mr. Marr, come out of the closet - it's OK to like a bit of jazz now and then.

Ta, Seeker. (Do you like that song by the Who, "The Seeker"? It's ace. It could be your theme song).

Last edited:
Re: Johnny Marr at Amoeba Music in Hollywood

Kewpie..I do apologize that I don't read everything posted upon this website.

I'm sorry, but it is rather disappointing that some people don't pay attention to mainpage:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/content/47-Johnny-Marr-at-Amoeba-Records-in-Los-Angeles

IFIC, the story was on mainpage more than a week.

Kewpie..I do apologize that I don't read everything posted upon this website.

I was going to warn you earlier that you'd get told off for posting this - I watched it last week from the link on the main page.
Then I realised it wasn't going to totally derail my life if some information was duplicated on the internet, so I said nothing. Some people need to learn to max-relax.

Well I didn't know this was on the webpage so thanks mate! WTF...they even used one of The Smiths Demo Instrumental Tracks in the footage at the end!

I also missed the story on the mainpage and just now saw it, so thanks for posting in the forums.

And it's really unnecessary to say that members are causing you disappointment, Kewpie. I missed the bit where there was some sort of standard of browsing I was expected to uphold as a user of the site.

Kewpie is absolutely right. This is a complete outrage.

I'm sorry, but it is rather disappointing that some people don't pay attention to mainpage:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/content/47-Johnny-Marr-at-Amoeba-Records-in-Los-Angeles

IFIC, the story was on mainpage more than a week.
you know, I am sure I am not alone in being someone that only glances at the main page perhaps only a couple of times a month :straightface:
I mean, if it does not make it to the forums(where the unregistered cannot post :thumb:)
then it really has not made it to the part of the site that matter to most of us :eek:

Wasn't Morrissey spotted at Amoeba a couple of years ago? A Moz-Solo forum member saw/met him there IIRC. That must be where the hepcats shop for music when they're in L.A.

Back
Top Bottom